Satelite Tuner In Cnx

trawler

Grateful for any tips/help.I have a 10 ft moveable dish in the garden and a analog receiver that moves it.A local company in Mae Rim sold me a digital receiver and sort of half tuned it in.(TIT)

So now have to use the analog one to position the dish and the digital one to change the channels for viewing.

My question to you all,does anyone know or recommend a decent company in CNX that can sort my system out and either put a new receiver in that does both the moving and tuning or at least get the current arrangement working well????

Appreciate any help.

cheers :o

If you only want to watch digital TV now and not interested in analog then all you need is a device called a V-Box II . This will interface the Diseq control from your digital receiver with the 36v motor on your big dish, then it will all be automatic.

If you want digital and analog then you need a combined receiver. Echostar or Technisat are good ones.

Sat TV is my specialty. Will be in Chiang Mai in January if you need help.

Chris

If you only want to watch digital TV now and not interested in analog then all you need is a device called a V-Box II . This will interface the Diseq control from your digital receiver with the 36v motor on your big dish, then it will all be automatic.

If you want digital and analog then you need a combined receiver. Echostar or Technisat are good ones.

Chris

Thanks to everyone,will be back in a week and start the tel rounds.cheers :o

Chris

Chris,

I noticed your post while attempting to log a post my self requesting info on alternatives to UBC, who has been taking my bhatt for 4 years now. what's available up here in chiang mai?? i would like to go with a local company for support and my requirements for viewing are news, movies, cartoons, and discovery [and/or history].

a few questions....

so, is this your service? do you install? and how much is a system? and is a stationary or tracking system necessary?

thanks in advance for your info....

jack

Chris

Chris,

I noticed your post while attempting to log a post my self requesting info on alternatives to UBC, who has been taking my bhatt for 4 years now. what's available up here in chiang mai?? i would like to go with a local company for support and my requirements for viewing are news, movies, cartoons, and discovery [and/or history].

a few questions....

so, is this your service? do you install? and how much is a system? and is a stationary or tracking system necessary?

thanks in advance for your info....

jack

Jack, figure a full setup to be in the neighborhood of 30,000 baht. You need a motorized tracking system if you want to switch to another satelite, or you could go outside and manully move it yourself, which some do.... In any case, you definately wouldn't want to be limited to one satelite...

Anyway, I wouldn't trust even Siam TV to have truly knowledgable installation and techs. I would only trust PSI. They're on Mahidol rd.

Stop by my place sometime if you want to see my setup. You know where I am.

Oh, personally, it is not a sub for UBC in any way, shape, or form. UBC has much better programming in English.