Laser Tonsil Ablation (tonsil Removal Surgery By Laser) In Bkk?

Hairy

Does anyone know if there is a hospital in Bangkok which definitely offers the "laser tonsil ablation" procedure?

I'm planning on a trip to Thailand in December/January, and one of the main purposes (to offset airfare :o ) is to get my tonsils burned out. Note that I don't want them CUT out -- in an adult, a traditional tonsilectomy is painful and healing can take months. (My aunt couldn't speak for nearly three months, and there was no medical error; this is just how long the surgery took to heal in her case.)

There's a fairly new (few years old) procedure called laser tonsil ablation that I want to get done. It's an outpatient procedure with a CO2 surgical laser, takes about half an hour, and healing is a matter of days. They burn away the outer layers of the tonsils, and can simply reduce the size down to something manageable, as well as eliminating any cavities ("cryptic tonsils"). I need it for both reasons.

Needless to say, LTA is far preferable to the risks of old-fashioned steel-scalpel surgery.

Thanks much!

I had laser snoring treatment at Yoskarn clinic in Bangkok a few years ago. He took my tonsils out at the same time.

While the procedure didn’t take long and I’m happy with the results I wouldn’t go as far as saying healing takes a matter of days, more like a few weeks, maybe longer. All in all from entering the clinic to leaving it took 2 hours and I was free to go back to my hotel.

I had contacted the doctor through the clinic website, made an appointment and agreed the price. Showed up at the clinic at appointed time, after a consultation and the procedure explained I was directed to the treatment room upstairs and prepared for the surgery. Then local anesthetic injections given and the operation completed.

Aftercare check up appointments were arranged during the initial consultation and included in the original cost quoted. I think they were once a week for 4 weeks and dissolvable stitches had been used.

Perfect, perfect. Beautiful. Thank you!

I didn't realize there would be that long of a followup; I'll get in contact with the clinic to see if three weeks is enough. I don't have the option of a longer stay, unfortunately.

• 4 weeks later...
Good choice about lasers, I hat my tonsils cut out at 35 years old. Big tough military man and I have never been in such pain and discomfort.

Nightmare!

Yeah, burning them out seems to be the only way once someone becomes an adult. My aunt couldn't speak for nearly three months after getting hers removed at age 24. There are people who don't have this problem, but severe and longterm pain is a common result. . . .

V, I've sent you a PM, and will send you another in a few hours.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...