Buying From China Via Chinese B2b Websites.

Cuban

I've just spent a fairly fruitless hour or so contacting a few Chinese suppliers via a couple of the many B2B Chinese websites that I would assume have been successful in supplying the world with Chinese goods.

I have yet to get as much as a price list or discuss shipping costs, I can't believe that a Chinese company is avoiding talking to me because I am not a Thai in Thailand or because my proposed order is not for three ship loads of heavy machine parts, they are within their advertised minimium order levels. Even ignoring shipping costs it will cheaper to deal with China than the US supplier I have been looking at earlier for some items.

Any one else encountered this type of problem or am I having a bad website day?

One or two companies I have had professional quotes back within the hour, most others have such an attitude problem, I effectively have given up trying to get pricing information out of them.

One company wanted me to place a deposit on an order before giving me the specifications of the product. :o

BTW - What does B2B website stand for?

One or two companies I have had professional quotes back within the hour, most others have such an attitude problem, I effectively have given up trying to get pricing information out of them.

One company wanted me to place a deposit on an order before giving me the specifications of the product. :o

"Busines to Business" B2B

"Busines to Business" B2B

Thanx.

• 2 weeks later...
They run rings around the mainland Chinese.
Indeed I already have business connections within Taiwan, I was looking at China because of cost (shipping and import duty were likely to even the overall cost issue in teh end), but for the particular project that caused me to seek other suppliers - I ended up with a Thai supplier in Bangkok who responded well to a discussion on price, times are tough - bargins can be found. :o

• 7 months later...

One company wanted me to place a deposit on an order before giving me the specifications of the product. :)

which kind of goods do you need ,i am chinese and i am currently in China, may be i can help.

i am looking for opportunities to work in Thailand.

lol.

I've just spent a fairly fruitless hour or so contacting a few Chinese suppliers via a couple of the many B2B Chinese websites that I would assume have been successful in supplying the world with Chinese goods.

I have yet to get as much as a price list or discuss shipping costs, I can't believe that a Chinese company is avoiding talking to me because I am not a Thai in Thailand or because my proposed order is not for three ship loads of heavy machine parts, they are within their advertised minimium order levels. Even ignoring shipping costs it will cheaper to deal with China than the US supplier I have been looking at earlier for some items.

Any one else encountered this type of problem or am I having a bad website day?

I contact with factories on a daily basis in a few countries, including mainland China.

I would be willing to help you out a bit to get you started in the right direction. PM me and we can talk.