I Have 2 Passports

Can anyone advise please,.i have 2 passports,obviously both legit,current and both in my name,the one with my current (retirement ) visa in is one page off full and that will be used next week when i go to cambodia,my question is can i start to use my second one from within thailand ( or cambodia ) ?

Can anyone advise please,.i have 2 passports,obviously both legit,current and both in my name,the one with my current (retirement ) visa in is one page off full and that will be used next week when i go to cambodia,my question is can i start to use my second one from within thailand ( or cambodia ) ?

I can tell you that if you have only one page left on your passport (departing Thailand to Cambodia, just to return to Thailand on the same passport visa).. you might/will have problems..

Your biggest problem is only having one legit page left in your passport.. Cambodia takes up one full page of your passport for their entry stamp and you can't remove it or any other visas stamps/stickers to make room for an entry stamp back into Thailand...and Customs going back into Thailand won't give you an entry stamp if your passport is full.. (again.. normally)...

To answer your question, in my opinion... #1. You must have an entry stamp into Thailand in your passport to exit, or pay the overstay price.., unless you have a Thai passport.. #2. The same.. you should/need an entry stamp into both countries, and I don't think showing both passports will work.. Again, that's my opinion..

Agree with neion, and not to mention the re-entry permit you will need to keep your permission to stay alive.

You will have to apply for a new passport. Don't think immigration will transfer your permission to stay to another passport, only to a new passport from the same country.

I don't know if immigration offices are familiar with somebody having 2 pasports or not.

It might take a bit of explaining at immigration but you might try getting your visa moved to your other passport. You did say retirement so I assume you have a one year extension.

If its a multi-o then thats a totaly different problem. If flying out and back probably ok. Border??

IE: Leave/enter Thailand on full passport Enter/leave Cambodia on other. If flying show passport with visa to airline.

Try sending an email to your local immigration office and ask them. (moving visa option)

Click on check points at top of page and select the area you live in all have email addresses. Link follows.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...hp?page=service#

Joe

Edited by ubonjoe

I've got no argument with whats been said, but if you get a new passport you still keep your old one and can show that on exit then show the exit stamp in old passport on entry but ask for entry stamp in new passport.

If the OP treats his second passport like a replacement for the old full one the same should work.

:o

I've got no argument with whats been said, but if you get a new passport you still keep your old one and can show that on exit then show the exit stamp in old passport on entry but ask for entry stamp in new passport.

If the OP treats his second passport like a replacement for the old full one the same should work.

I'm not sure this will work, I think you can only use a visa if it is in a cancelled passport. You need to transfer the current stay to your new PP at immigration. OP should get a replacement PP and transfer his extension to it, retains the usefulness of having two PPs as well :D

It's pretty well impossible to exchange passports at land crossings as immigration want to see the exit stamp from the other country, but if arriving by air no problem. If the OP is going to Camb. by air simply get his Camb. visa in the less full PP and swap whilst in the air (and swap back on the return journey).

Don't forget the (half page :o ) re-entry permit if on an extension rather than a visa.

Edited by Crossy

Can you get pages added to the one that is full.
I Guess that the OP is British - you can't add pages to a UK Passport.

Ive just rechecked and i have got a full page, and the inside back page that says in it "this page is reserved for official observations if any/"

Then it’s clear that you have only one usable page and this is not enough for the Cambodian visa and Thailand’s and Cambodia’s exit and entry stamps. You should get a new passport to replace that passport, then get the last entry stamp and other information transferred to the new passport at your immigration office.

However, if in addition to the one completely empty page you have other pages partially empty for the entry and exit stamps you should be able to make this trip to Cambodia with the current passport and after that get a new passport.

--

Maestro

Then it's clear that you have only one usable page and this is not enough for the Cambodian visa and Thailand's and Cambodia's exit and entry stamps. You should get a new passport to replace that passport, then get the last entry stamp and other information transferred to the new passport at your immigration office.

However, if in addition to the one completely empty page you have other pages partially empty for the entry and exit stamps you should be able to make this trip to Cambodia with the current passport and after that get a new passport.

--

Maestro

Thanks for that, yes i have also 2 part pages for the 4 stamps i will get, its tight but i think im ok,i may just take the other passport and if queried say im off to the passport office to have it amended to start, a bluff but i hope will be ok,.