BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
GungaDin

"cash Passport" From Travelex

Local coach driver was telling me about this card last night, he uses the card in Thailand every trip & regards it as safer than a credit or debit card for withdrawal of cash only.

Q: Which card should I take?

A: Take the EUR card to European countries, the GBP card to Great Britain and the USD card to the US. To other countries we recommend the AUD card.

He gives one to his TGF........

http://www.cashpassport.com.au/faqs.html

Any experiences from members? :o

they have the poorest exchange rate of any

they sometime will not tranfer the money quickly and it will be frozen over the week end

using them costs more or the same as western u

im trying to find a resonable deal but as yet

i only find thieves :o and lousy business practices

DONT BOTHER WITH Travelex Cash Passport

You may want to check out

http://www.commbank.com.au/personal/apply-...ntsOverseas.pdf

if you have a CBA netbank account and buy the card on it you can reload through netbank which can be useful.

In general I am not sure if you will save anything as compared to using a cirris enabled debit card to your normal account.

I have a Commonwealth travellers cash card but the problem with it is that you pay a foreign currency convresion fee and an ATM fee so in actual fact it is cheaper just to use your keycard.

The only real benefit is if you have a wife or girlfriend and you want to top up the account via the internet when you are in Australia or elsewhere and she is in Thailand.

The absolute cheapest and best deal is the Wizard Mastercard which has no ATM fees and no foreign currnecy conversion fees but this is a credit card.

The only real benefit is if you have a wife or girlfriend and you want to top up the account via the internet when you are in Australia or elsewhere and she is in Thailand.

The absolute cheapest and best deal is the Wizard Mastercard which has no ATM fees and no foreign currnecy conversion fees but this is a credit card.

If you buy the card through your Commonwealth bank netbank (not at the branch) you are able to top up using billpay on netbank.

Same thing applies to the card ANZ sell but I believe that is not available in AU so would be a double conversion fee.

I think that is a major reason Gazza (coach driver) likes the card.

It would be easier to just have a commonwealth bank account in your name of course and give the card to you wife/girlfriend and do internet transfers to top it up.....less charges and just as convenient

they have the poorest exchange rate of any

they sometime will not tranfer the money quickly and it will be frozen over the week end

using them costs more or the same as western u

im trying to find a resonable deal but as yet

i only find thieves :o and lousy business practices

DONT BOTHER WITH Travelex Cash Passport

I'm sure we'd all like to see some evidence.

Can do? :D

cheers

No users?

Yeah ,, l used it ,,,but looking at Western Union prices and exchange rates now ,,, cashpassport works out a bit more expensive,, dunno about other cards though ,,,

cheers

egg

I’ve heard very good reports from people with the wizard card.

The commonwealth bank card account idea is a good one too. I know a few people using this method. I’d recommend not linking it to your other accounts, if she loses the card and reports it, all linked accounts will be frozen. It also prevents her cleaning out your other accounts if you have a falling out.

I’ve heard very good reports from people with the wizard card.

The commonwealth bank card account idea is a good one too. I know a few people using this method. I’d recommend not linking it to your other accounts, if she loses the card and reports it, all linked accounts will be frozen. It also prevents her cleaning out your other accounts if you have a falling out.

Yes that is the way to do it...no link to other accounts and a balance only as much as you want to send.

I did a lot of research and the Wizard Mastercard is the cheapest and best method to access your funds overseas.

Travelex always have bad rates. They're as bad as Western Union. There are other prepaid cards around.