ezzra

Filipino Food

hi,,

need to entertain a filipina lady with a craving for filipino food

and i can't find any listing anywhere where there is restaurant that serves

decent pinoy food,

any recommendations please?

Decent Filipino food=oxymoron

In Pattaya they have a Filipino expat association, therefore I am sure they must have one in Bangkok. You might also want to check your local catholic church, you are bound to find many Filipinos who can point you in the right direction.

Little Home. Search the forum for posts about locations.

Trying to find Philippino food, for my Filipina girlfriend who is with me in Pattaya.

Unable to find Little Home when I search on this site, any help please!

I did hear about Bahay Pilipino, near the Ruen Thai restaurant on second road, but have been told that it closed down.

In Pattaya, there is the Cafe New Orleans

325/ 19 Moo 10, Soi Pattayaland 2, South Pattaya, Chonburi 20260

This is just some of their Filipino offerings. The chefs are Filipino and they serve very good authentic Filipino food. The portions, however, are mostly very small.

FIESTA FILIPINA . . . MABUHAY!

# PORK/CHICKEN ADOBO - 150

The Philippine’s most famous dish. Chicken, pork or a combination of both smothered in garlic, vinegar, soy sauce and spices. Served with steamed rice.

# SHRIMP/PORK/FISH SINIGANG – 195/175/185

Tamarind-based soup with radish, morning glory, okra, tomatoes and onions. Served with steamed rice

# TINOLANG MANOK - 115

Pieces of chicken sauteed in garlic, onion and ginger then simmered with vegetables. Served with steamed rice

# FRIED SEABASS (500g) – 250

# FRIED BANGUS - 125

# CRISPY PATA - 175

Deep-fried pork knuckles marinated in seasoning. A tasty Filipino favorite. Served with rice

# PANSIT - 150

Stir fried noodles, mixed sauteed vegetables, chicken or pork pieces & seasoned. A very popular Filipino dish.

Edited by Jingthing

Depending on where the OP lives, the staff at Sunrise Tacos on Sukhumvit near Soi 12 are almost all Fils... So if there's a decent Fil food outlet in the area, they'd probably know...

This is just some of their Filipino offerings. The chefs are Filipino and they serve very good authentic Filipino food. The portions, however, are mostly very small.

The Philippine’s most famous dish. Chicken, pork or a combination of both smothered in garlic, vinegar, soy sauce and spices. Served with steamed rice.

Tamarind-based soup with radish, morning glory, okra, tomatoes and onions. Served with steamed rice

# TINOLANG MANOK - 115

Pieces of chicken sauteed in garlic, onion and ginger then simmered with vegetables. Served with steamed rice

# FRIED BANGUS - 125

# CRISPY PATA - 175

Deep-fried pork knuckles marinated in seasoning. A tasty Filipino favorite. Served with rice

# PANSIT - 150

Stir fried noodles, mixed sauteed vegetables, chicken or pork pieces & seasoned. A very popular Filipino dish.

Thanks.

Girlfriend says "Lets Go Now!!" "See how you are"

# TINOLANG MANOK - 115

# FRIED BANGUS - 125

# CRISPY PATA - 175

# PANSIT - 150

I thought that this was probably the best Filipino food that I have ever had - better than in the Philipines! :o

I thought that this was probably the best Filipino food that I have ever had - better than in the Philipines! smile.gif

I have had better at special places on the islands and California, but it is better than MOST of the food I had on the islands. Hopefully they are still good. I haven't been in a year or so.

Edited by Jingthing

I ate there a few times about a month ago. The Western food was not as good as in past years, but the Filipino food was delish! :o

Cafe New Orleans was fine, the girlfriend is happy, and spare ribs made a decent meal for me.

The Philippino manager at Cafe New Orleans told us that there is a regular Philippino band playing at the Moon River Pub

which is in the Thai Garden resort in North Pattaya. I think we will give that a try later in the week.

filipino food is pretty much all the same, even they will tell you that. I wouldnt put too much effort into finding a place, their menu will have about three dishes that are filly then the rest will be western. adobo variations and that really is about it

filipino food is pretty much all the same, even they will tell you that. I wouldnt put too much effort into finding a place, their menu will have about three dishes that are filly then the rest will be western. adobo variations and that really is about it

There is such a thing as fantastic Filipino food. I experienced it twice, once in Manila and once in Cebu (actually Mactan Island) (both seafood oriented places). New Orleans Cafe has a number of dishes, only one adobo. I don't think its fair to trash an entire country's cuisine when it isn't justified. Overall most would say it is not as amazing as Thai food, but that doesn't mean there isn't something to like in it.

Edited by Jingthing

I had a home cooked meal in the Philippines once that was absolutely brilliant.

I stayed at the home of the aunt of my ex-girlfriend and she put on a real spread, including the best fried chicken I've ever eaten.

Perhaps you misunderstood, I lived there for two years and regarding traditional food with actual filipino names then there would be no more than five at the most. Ask the fillys what they think of their national food and theyll tell you it aint that great, not coating the people or the country ut the food isnt all that