Airport Arrivals

patklang

I am taking a holiday to the uk on 21st oct and returning on the 8th november and i have heard that the arrivals area at Suvarnabhumi has changed to gate 3????.As i am being picked up by a friend does anybody have any idea if this is true or just wait by all the taxi drivers at arrivals.Appreciate some info guys/gals.

?? :o

Not sure what you mean. Where you exit depends more on which Immigration area you go through, and which carousel your luggage comes out on.

When I came through last week, the nearest Immigration area was at the "Door/Gate 9" end of the terminal. Coincidentally (not really, more by design than anything else), my luggage arrived on on a carousel just behind that area, and when I exited through the "Nothing To Declare" Customs area I had a short walk to the escalator taking me down to Door/Gate 7.

How ever, if I had deplaned at a different gate, and/or went to a different Immigration check point (and didn't have to worry about checked luggage), I could have come out by Door/Gate 3.

I would suggest picking a door (say, #5) and make your way there to meet your friend. I'm sure the extra minute or two it may take to get there from where ever you arrive won't be too adverse, and there would be less chance of getting mixed up with the rest of the crowd.

I am taking a holiday to the uk on 21st oct and returning on the 8th november and i have heard that the arrivals area at Suvarnabhumi has changed to gate 3????.As i am being picked up by a friend does anybody have any idea if this is true or just wait by all the taxi drivers at arrivals.Appreciate some info guys/gals.

I think I know what you mean. When I arrive using EVA Air, my taxi driver has always met me near door 9, or exit 9, or gate 9, or whatever it's called. This is the nearest exit to the carousels where the luggage from the EVA flights is delivered, after you've passed through Customs and you are trying to get out of the terminal building.

In July, they had changed the rules so that he wasn't allowed anywhere near exit 9. I had to push my trolley all the way to the official "Meeting Point", more or less in the middle of the terminal, to find him. Then we seemed to have to walk about 1 km back to get into the car park. I don't know if this is still the case, but it was a pain in the ass after more than 20 hours travelling. :o

I suggest you arrange to meet at either exit 9, or if your friend isn't allowed there, at the official Meeting Point.

Edited by Guderian

I think I know what you mean. When I arrive using EVA Air, my taxi driver has always met me near door 9, or exit 9, or gate 9, or whatever it's called. This is the nearest exit to the carousels where the luggage from the EVA flights is delivered, after you've passed through Customs and you are trying to get out of the terminal building.

In July, they had changed the rules so that he wasn't allowed anywhere near exit 9. I had to push my trolley all the way to the official "Meeting Point", more or less in the middle of the terminal, to find him. Then we seemed to have to walk about 1 km back to get into the car park. I don't know if this is still the case, but it was a pain in the ass after more than 20 hours travelling. :o

I suggest you arrange to meet at either exit 9, or if your friend isn't allowed there, at the official Meeting Point.

This is correct, the only official meeting area now is at gate 3, as you say it can be a long walk, I always have my driver meet me on the walkway to the carpark (Upper level 'C' gate), saves 20 minutes and a lot of hassle.

This is correct, the only official meeting area now is at gate 3, as you say it can be a long walk, I always have my driver meet me on the walkway to the carpark (Upper level 'C' gate), saves 20 minutes and a lot of hassle.

I was under the impression that there was only one way out for international flights, through immigration, down the stairs to baggage reclaim and out through customs with the meeter's and greeters outside customs.

Have thing changed?

BB

I was under the impression that there was only one way out for international flights, through immigration, down the stairs to baggage reclaim and out through customs with the meeter's and greeters outside customs.

Have thing changed?

BB

That's the way it used to be at the old airport. Sheesh, just realized that Swampy has been operating for two years now. Time flies ! Seems like only a couple months ago that we had all the discussions on cracked runways, Taksin making the first "official" flight into Swampy, the lack of bathrooms and so on.

I did notice, now that I think about it, that when I came through Swampy last Monday morning, it was the first time I noticed the taxi touts in the yellow jackets by the baggage carousels (they never approached me though). And thinking back, I just now remember that there wasn't the horde of "greeters" clustered around where you come out from Customs, like there used to be at Don Muang.

I'm usually in such a rush getting out of there I hardly noticed them any ways. I guess it's one of those things that you hardly miss when it's gone, but can't help but notice when it's there.

3 exits for international A,B,& C, gate three is up towards A, gates are 1 - 10, 10 being exit C, they made it this way so it was easy! Luggage invariably arrives at the Carousel that is furthest away........

Last week I met a friend at Suvarnabhumi who had arrived from London. As she had never been to Bangkok before I told her to wait at whatever exit she emerged from after the baggage collection point and I would find her. I did not know that all passengers now emerge and should contact their meeters at the "Meeting Point" which is a three minute trek from baggage. As a result she waited at one place whilst I waited at the "Meeting Point". It was some time before the penny dropped and I realised why she had not appeared. So I walked along on the level above the arrivals floor to the place where she was waiting. I soon spotted her and shouted her name. I then pointed towards the "Meeting Point" and we both walked, at different floor levels, towards the far-flung rendezvous and eventually met up. What an eff you, and what a waste of time!

I had a long weekend at the end of August. The wife said she would come and meet me, but she's said that before and then not bothered, so I made no particular effort to look for her. (We've been married a long time :o ).

Luckily I decided to head towards the 'Meeting Point' area - the kids spotted me and ran over. But there was no prior information, nothing on the in-flight preanble to de-planing, so if anyone is being met at Su'boom - make very specific arrangements, have mobiles charged and ready.

Once I walk through customs I always just call my driver and tell what door number I am near (and is working). I then walk outside cross the first road and wait for him at the outside lane. I did notice last time that you cannot get to the outside lane at door 10 to about 7 as they have it blocked, I guess due to the taxi they don’t want you crossing the first road there.

TH

Yeah now meeting place is from exit door 3 after customs at arrivals which is closer to domestic arrivals.

i use to meet my customers at door no 7,now its no 3 ,unless they have a mobile and can ring you where to meet them.it dose help if your driver or company tells you which side of the exit area they wll be [eg door side ] as there are a lot of people waiting

if you want a bus or taxis meter you have to go downstairs.if anyone wants an enquiry about a pick up PM me....been going 3 years now

thanks

cat