Sponsor: Nana Pasta Sauce

NanaFoods

Well I finally tried the Nana Traditional Brand of your sauce , adding ground meat ,onions and Thai chile's flakes and was quite satisfied with the results, and will make it a point to purchase some more to keep on my food shelf.

My Thai step daughter liked it very much but my wife still prefers her own Issan home made sauce, due to the spices included that she dose not care for. I think that two out of three is not a bad outcome for your sauce in my household. My oldest daughter attends school in Nakhon Sawan and was not at home for her input.

I find some of the comments about Italian names quite entertaining, As I see many mis applied names in Spanish in the Mexican food industry. The funniest is Chi-Chi that in Spanish is a slang word that denotes a woman's breasts, but is a big name for a restaurant chain and brand name in the US.

I also have a bottle of your El Sapo Salsa, that I will make a point to try and give you some feed back, When we make Mexican food we always make our own salsa.

Also Nana means Grandmother in Spanish Also!

Cheers:smile.gif

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that what most Thai persons consider as 'spaghetti sauce' comes from the ground-pork sauce served at those all-you-can-eat T-bone steak buffet restaurants... I tried a pack of LOBO spaghetti seasoning and I think that is what they use.

@ kikoman and Jimmyd

Thanks so much for your comments. Your words fill my heart with joy.

@ jazzbo

are you referring to that "Larbghetti" (as I call it) that I've seen around here and there?

Edited by ChefHeat

The spaghetti sauce served at the steak buffets -- usually sitting in a slow-cooker -- is a tomato sauce (maybe by Knorr at Makro?) with minced pork and the spices taste like LOBO spaghetti packets... Standard offering with cooked (dry) spaghetti nearby every time I have been to one of those T-bone suh-take joints.

The spaghetti sauce served at the steak buffets -- usually sitting in a slow-cooker -- is a tomato sauce (maybe by Knorr at Makro?) with minced pork and the spices taste like LOBO spaghetti packets... Standard offering with cooked (dry) spaghetti nearby every time I have been to one of those T-bone suh-take joints.

Interesting.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I haven't been to any steak buffets, but I've seen the Knor packs at Makro.... and from what I recall, they had a rather high sugar content, no? Not too familiar with LOBO.... can you describe its flavor? Thanks.

Yesterday I tried a Jar of your Amatriciana Pasta sauce.

I found it to be good and flavorful and enjoyed it, But to my taste I like your Traditional Pasta sauce a lot better and that is the sauce I plan to purchase on my next trip to the big city.

Just wanted to give you that feedback.

Cheers::)

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday I tried a Jar of your Amatriciana Pasta sauce.

I found it to be good and flavorful and enjoyed it, But to my taste I like your Traditional Pasta sauce a lot better and that is the sauce I plan to purchase on my next trip to the big city.

Just wanted to give you that feedback.

Cheers::)

Hi Dan, thanks for the feedback.

I would have guessed you might prefer the Amatriciana as it has a bolder flavor than the Traditional.

Either, way, glad you liked it.

BTW - I just posted a new recipe for "Timballo". Requires a bit of prep, but makes enough for several meals.

You can check it out here: http://www.nanaproducts.com/uploads/Timballo.pdf