BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
NanaFoods

Sponsor: Nana Pasta Sauce

I see no reseller in KK, the region has one of the largest, if not the largest expat community. You ought to do well there.

I buy because it tastes great!

actually that sounds like a great marketing slogan for your products, just incorporate it on your labels. Given you do well in farang areas, that should go down like a storm with American folks; simple and straightforward message, nothing too complicated. Just as it was intended by the poster

Who cares what its called or how its spelled.... I buy because it tastes great!

I just had some for dinner!

Khon Kaen - we were in an independent market ther, Sentosa. Seems their customer base was mostly Thai, so it was slow selling. We just recently pulled out of there. Not sure if Tops carries us there or not. Sentosa was the only independent we could find, as the area is dominated by the larger store chains, Makro, Lotus, etc... We are not in those chains because they require a ridiculous "new vendor fee" that is way out of our budget range at the moment. We had our hopes on another independent market in the area that locals told us about, only to discover it had been taken over by Lotus.

Thanks so much for your support dingdong and Jingthing !! :)

Edit:

My wife reminds we ARE in Tops, Khon Kaen....and now I recall we had stopped by and spoke to the section manager (who just happened to be checking stock on the pasta isle), and he told us our product sells fairly well. So I have updated our home page to include Khon Kaen Tops. Thanks for the "heads-up", Sarge.

Edited by ChefHeat

*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***

We are now in all the Fly Now Outlet (aka "FN Factory Outlet") branches.

Originally we were just at FN Outlet Inburi(Singburi) and dealt only with the store manager. Many months later we (wife and I) stopped by FN Pakchong on the way back from Isaan. We showed them that Inburi had good turnover (they can verify in their barcode system), and the manager agreed to try us out there as well.

We tried for Pattaya previously... but they had no food section. So no dice.

However, FN Pattaya has recently installed a food section.

OK, so... we recently received a PO from FN Headquarters placing orders for all their stores (normally the two initial stores would order individually and directly to us). That was last week....so they should all have pasta sauce and salsa on-hand by now.

New additions for FN Outlet are:

Kanchanaburi

33/3 หมู่ 3 ถ.แสงชูโต ตำท่าล้อ

อำเภอท่าม่วง จ.กาญจนบุรี 71110

Hua Hin

35 ซ.จรัญสนิทวงศ์ 66/1 ถ.จรัญสนิทวงศ์

แขวงบางพล้ด กทม. 10700

Petchaburi

99/11 ม.1 ต.ต้นมะพร้าว

อ.เมือง จ.เพชรบุรี 76000

Pattaya

19/1 ม.1 ต.หนองปรือ

อ.บางละมุง จ.ชลบุรี

So we finally have a few more venues in the southern region, with FN Petchaburi and Hua Hin.

Been wanting to test the market in Kanchanaburi for some time.... finally.

For those who live in in the above areas, especially Kanchanaburi, please spread the word.

Thanks much :)

Dear Chef,

I am a fan of your products which I usually buy at Villa Soi 33.

The one 'complaint' I have is that I find that the jars open too easily i.e. the lid comes off (including the shrink foil) without any resistance and the usual 'plop' which you get when opening a glass jar for the first time. It might not matter but to me there is always a small doubt as to whether the product is fresh.

*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***

We are now in all the Fly Now Outlet (aka "FN Factory Outlet") branches.

Originally we were just at FN Outlet Inburi(Singburi) and dealt only with the store manager. Many months later we (wife and I) stopped by FN Pakchong on the way back from Isaan. We showed them that Inburi had good turnover (they can verify in their barcode system), and the manager agreed to try us out there as well.

We tried for Pattaya previously... but they had no food section. So no dice.

However, FN Pattaya has recently installed a food section.

OK, so... we recently received a PO from FN Headquarters placing orders for all their stores (normally the two initial stores would order individually and directly to us). That was last week....so they should all have pasta sauce and salsa on-hand by now.

New additions for FN Outlet are:

Kanchanaburi

33/3 หมู่ 3 ถ.แสงชูโต ตำท่าล้อ

อำเภอท่าม่วง จ.กาญจนบุรี 71110

Hua Hin

35 ซ.จรัญสนิทวงศ์ 66/1 ถ.จรัญสนิทวงศ์

แขวงบางพล้ด กทม. 10700

Petchaburi

99/11 ม.1 ต.ต้นมะพร้าว

อ.เมือง จ.เพชรบุรี 76000

Pattaya

19/1 ม.1 ต.หนองปรือ

อ.บางละมุง จ.ชลบุรี

So we finally have a few more venues in the southern region, with FN Petchaburi and Hua Hin.

Been wanting to test the market in Kanchanaburi for some time.... finally.

For those who live in in the above areas, especially Kanchanaburi, please spread the word.

Thanks much :)

Could you pm your product list please. We have 2 shops down in Phuket.

thx,

Gerd

Dear Chef,

I am a fan of your products which I usually buy at Villa Soi 33.

The one 'complaint' I have is that I find that the jars open too easily i.e. the lid comes off (including the shrink foil) without any resistance and the usual 'plop' which you get when opening a glass jar for the first time. It might not matter but to me there is always a small doubt as to whether the product is fresh.

Hi CNK55,

Thanks so much for your comments.

Interestingly, when we first started, we heard a few complaints about the jars being too difficult to open, so we adjusted our lid sealing parameters (less torque) and ran reliability studies to be sure there were no issues with yield (meaning, no changes in number of jars that did not achieve vacuum after heat treatment).

We get about 99.5% yield, and FA (failure analysis) of rejects almost always shows the problem is with the lid (so, about 1 out of 200 lids is defective - either damaged/bent or they simply don't lock down onto the jar sufficiently).

Bacteria generate gases and will not only dissipate the vacuum, but the lid centers will pop up, indicating positive pressure, and you don't get that "pop" sound upon opening, but more of a hiss (blowing out). If you are hearing a "pop" upon opening, that is good, as that is a result of the vacuum being broken upon opening - meaning vacuum has been preserved. If vacuum is preserved, this means the product is sterile and safe.

But please be assured, if we are not putting enough torque on the lids, we would see it first at the factory in the form of lower yields.

We have not seen any such anomalies to date.

We definitely don't want lids opening up by accident during routine handling and in-store customer inspection. We have not had any reports of this happening as of yet either. But we can certainly pay close attention on the production line and make sure we have enough torque on the lids.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Edited by ChefHeat

ANNOUNCEMENT

A couple more Southern venues that you can soon find Nana Pasta Sauces and El Sapo Salsas,

including our deepest point south to date: Chumphon.

We expect product to be on their shelves by the 25th of this month (April).

---------------------------------------------------

Chumphon

Ocean Mall (in the supermarket)

188/111 ถนน ศาลาแดง ต.ท่าตะเภา

อ.เมือง จ.ชุมพร 86000

Tel: (077) 504-150 (~5)

** This group also operates a small chain of mini-marts throughout the city called "The Big One", and may test our products in those stores as well. So if you live in Chumphon, please keep an eye out. Thanks.

----------------------------------------

Hua Hin

Gee Un Teung Supermarket (pronounced "ji-an teung")

จี้อันตึ๊ง ซุปเปอร์มาร์เก็ต5

7/12 ถ.ชมสินทธุ์ อ.หัวหิน

จ.ประจวบคีรีขันธ์ 77110

Tel: (032) 513-400

Gee Un Teung is an independent market located just outside the busy areas of the city, and may be more convenient for some folks who live in the rural areas, as opposed to going to Villa. We saw a healthy number of farang shopping at Gee Un Teung, so we are quite hopeful it will work out.

---------------------------------------------------

Both are not-so-big supermarkets where about the only other offering is Prego (Gee Un Teung also offers Agnesi), so please tell your friends who live in the area to try us out. THANKS !!

Chef,

Did you stop producing Amatriciana and Arrabiata? Can't find any at Villa already for a few months - only Mushroom, Regular and Artichoke (which I thought you discontinued some time ago) - and I really miss the Amatriciana!

Chef,

Did you stop producing Amatriciana and Arrabiata? Can't find any at Villa already for a few months - only Mushroom, Regular and Artichoke (which I thought you discontinued some time ago) - and I really miss the Amatriciana!

Thanks for letting us know.

Which branch of Villa are you referring to?

Could be a matter of purchasing....

If you let us know which branch, we can contact them, review inventory, and make sure they order correctly.

If you like, you can also request to talk to the section manager, and ask that he order what you need.

If they have excess inventory at another store, sometimes they can transfer product fairly quickly.

Their ordering cycle with us is once a month.

- We still have some cases of Artichoke remaining at the factory - once those are cleared it will not be available.

Cheers.

Chef,

Thanks for letting us know.

Which branch of Villa are you referring to?

Could be a matter of purchasing....

If you let us know which branch, we can contact them, review inventory, and make sure they order correctly.

If you like, you can also request to talk to the section manager, and ask that he order what you need.

If they have excess inventory at another store, sometimes they can transfer product fairly quickly.

Their ordering cycle with us is once a month.

- We still have some cases of Artichoke remaining at the factory - once those are cleared it will not be available.

Cheers.

The Villa at Suk 33.

Thanks.

The Villa at Suk 33.

Thanks.

OK, got it.

The wife will follow up with Villa.

Thanks again.

My wife says that store stopped ordering our Amatriciana because it was not moving "fast enough".

Villa Thong Lor (Suk 55), Ambasador (Suk 11) I think are the nearest locations that still carry Amatriciana and Arrabbiata. Certain Tops stores with high farang customer base (not sure which store near you might that be) carry Amatriciana.

Failing that, you can order from us directly. but min. is one case (12x, but you can mix flavors).

Edited by ChefHeat

The Villa at Suk 33.

Thanks.

OK, got it.

The wife will follow up with Villa.

Thanks again.

My says that store stopped ordering our Amatriciana because it was moving "fast enough".

Villa Thong Lor still carries it as does certain Tops stores with high farang customer base (not sure which store near you might that be).

Failing that, you can order from us directly. but min. is one case (12x).

Thanks, Chef, will check at Villa Thonglor.