Sponsor: Nana Pasta Sauce

NanaFoods

Just tried the sauce with olives - delicious, by far the nicest sauce I've ever had out of a bottle, and very reasonably priced. You can really taste the olives and the tomatos. My wife also enjoyed it, it took us back to our holiday in Italy earlier this year. We shall be trying the other flavours soon.

Regarding "nana", it's a common (widely used, not low class!) term for grandmother in the east midlands / north-east England where I come from. Usually spelt "nanna" I believe. It's always amused me, as it makes me think that Nana Plaza should be full of bijou teashops and little shops selling knitting wool, and maybe a post office for collecting your pension.

Ok Chef, I will endevour to get a bottle or two today at Tops on my way home from work and give them a try in the days ahead.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting...If that's the case, I am curious how they get all the pork jowls? I mean, from a supply standpoint, there's only about, what, 3-4-lbs from 2 jowls per head or so, whereas I would understand them substituting pancetta for supply assurance (ave. pork belly is around 15-lbs or so).

you lovin' it, aintya? :D sussing out trade secrets whilst pushing the thread up all the time. lol no more free advices mate, I'll invoice you if you want to know further .....ah I take quality currencies only, like £ Sterling and € Euro :D

Don't get excited, now. I think you may have missed my main point, or perhaps it wasn't clear enough - that being that my family is not alone in the usage of "nana" amonst Italians born in AMERICA.

Anyway, I finally found an MP3 pronunciation on-line so I could actually hear it correctly. And it appears the Italian way is indeed more like "nō-nah".

I've been trying to study Italian on-line, but its quite difficult to sit down and concentrate with a new baby, work, etc... Thanks for the dictionary link, by the way.

bloody typical with ABIs (Australian Born Italians - American Born Italians) and BBIs (British Born Italians) and any other [ _ ]BIs, they can only speak an unintelligible form of Italian learnt from their parents who speak the lingo even worse :o I've seen it so often. I can't even be bother to speak in Italian to them (both parents and [ _ ]BIs), I politely ask them to switch to English ..... but even then, I need to train my ears to decipher their peculiar version of Queen's English :(

Edit: I did find a meaning for "nana" in Italian, its a feminine form for "nano", meaning dwarf.

My Italian grandma was about 4'10 LOL

Fortunately, my grandfather was 6'2", so all the men in my family are about 6' even.

so doing the average you must be 5'5" tall and barely can see over the head of Thais, or do I have wrong way round and you actually are 5'5" wide :D

This is all in good spirit ........ and puff this thread goes on top yet again :D

I haven't subjected it to the taste test yet but was pleased to see that the ingredients all appeared to be of high quality. Tops puts the Nana sauce next to a more expensive but inferior sauce which contains cotton seed oil. No self-respecting Italian food lover would touch that. Nana I believe uses olive oil.

OK, Sarge, I found a couple bottles of both Agnesi and Barilla I had leftover... unfortunately neither is Amatriciana, but I wanted to share with you what even the Italian companies engage in.

There are various languages on both lables - english, spanish, french, one I"m not familiar with (either slavic or russian?), and another that the import label covers and I can't tell what it is.

Agnesi Olive: standard ingredients, except they include rice starch :o . Heresy?

now compare these two:

Agnesi Arrabbiata: normal looking ingredients, 2.4% olive oil (good), however, they include less than 1% anchovy paste and capers. Rice starch as well ( :D ). Sounds kinda like a minimalist Putanesca.

Barilla Arrabbiata: more than 2% sunflower seed oil ( :D OMG!!), sweet peppers, less than 0.5% EVOO. No anchovy or capers.

Edit: both show a tiny fraction of a percentage of "chili" 0.18% & 0.2% (presumably hot chili) - my guess is it is powdered chili, based on the tiny amount.

So who's got it right? Neither?

What should the proper ingredients be?

Edited by ChefHeat

OK, Sarge, I found a couple bottles of both Agnesi and Barilla I had leftover... unfortunately neither is Amatriciana, but I wanted to share with you what even the Italian companies engage in.

There are various languages on both lables - english, spanish, french, one I"m not familiar with (either slavic or russian?), and another that the import label covers and I can't tell what it is.

Agnesi Olive: standard ingredients, except they include rice starch :o . Heresy?

now compare these two:

Agnesi Arrabbiata: normal looking ingredients, 2.4% olive oil (good), however, they include less than 1% anchovy paste and capers. Rice starch as well ( :D ). Sounds kinda like a minimalist Putanesca.

Barilla Arrabbiata: more than 2% sunflower seed oil ( :D OMG!!), sweet peppers, less than 0.5% EVOO. No anchovy or capers.

Edit: both show a tiny fraction of a percentage of "chili" 0.18% & 0.2% (presumably hot chili) - my guess is it is powdered chili, based on the tiny amount.

So who's got it right? Neither?

What should the proper ingredients be?

industrial made sauces (or any precooked food) have some stabilizing ingredients and processes to make them shelf stable. One has to consider that they’re shipped, sometimes for weeks, (think of Australia, 4 weeks journey plus a couple days stop over in Singapore in tropical heat, stored in sealed containers. A product that perhaps was produced in N. Italy during winter, where temperatures reach zero at times) to the four corners of the globe under totally different climate and environment. Then also you have to factor in how these products are handled and stocked by local importers before they reach the shelves of your supermarkets. Furthermore all manufacturers “play” with processes and recipe tweak sauces (as you do) to reach a middle ground in taste, where the product is not “offensive”, i.e. strong flavours or too bland. I’d like to hear your business model and supply chain.

Just a couple of comments on the ingredients (as I said earlier, professional advices, recipe development and ideas how to better run your business cost money), you failed to mention tomato paste, and the percentage of it in those sauces. Do you use paste in your sauces and in what percentage? If you do, is that something you make or buy off the shelves from somebody else? If you don’t, why not? Chilli, of course they use powder version in industrial processes, what do you expect? an army of chilli choppers working alongside production lines? lines that run millions of jars

Now, Kirk please offer some guidance and help to your customers (me included, as I will purchase your sauces); any manufacturer worth its salt should advice on how best to use their products thus giving the best possible experience. When I buy your sauces, lets say, Amatriciana, Ricotta & Parmesan. What should I do with them? I like Italian food but I don’t really know how to use these sauce, I have poor cooking skills. Also, where to store and how long for. Help us out. Here some points that you can offer guidance:

1. Are your sauces intended for pasta only?

2. Can you recommend me what shape of pasta for a particular sauce?

3. How do I use your sauces?

4. Do I need to boil, stew, simmer, grill, poach, pour them? What’s the recommended process?

5. Can I add extra ingredients to your sauces? Which one you recommend for which sauce?

6. How many people will your standard jar feed?

7. How much pasta do I need to cook?

8. How long should I cook the pasta for? Can you recommend the correct process?

9. Once opened do I have to use all the sauce?

10. If I don’t use it all immediately, where and how should I store/keep the remaining sauce?

11. How long for?

12. Any health and safety advice?

13. I have a problem with your product (my child got bouts of diarrhea after eating - it badly stained my shirt/trousers - I got halitosis and flatulence after eating your Ricotta & Parmesan cheese sauce - there is a suspect particle inside - smell badly - rotten & rusty lid - sauce separates & becomes runny when warmed up - strange, unusual taste - etc...), what do I do? Do you have a customer complaint phone number/mail address? Do I take it back to the store I purchased from?

14. Do you have a customer help line for suggestion, recipe ideas, news about forthcoming new products, nutritional information etc..?

I used my second jar of Amatriciana today. THe first time, it was just me, so there was plenty. THis time, there were tow other people over, and instead of making putenesca for them as I usually do, I decided to throw your sauce at them.

I generally make penne, and that seems to eat up more sauce. So my one jar really did not have quite enough sauce for the three of us (I also make a loaf of galric bread to mush around in the penne and sauce, so that uses up sauce as well.).

I kow I can use 2 jars, but a little bigger jar would be nice.

Just tried the sauce with olives - delicious, by far the nicest sauce I've ever had out of a bottle, and very reasonably priced. You can really taste the olives and the tomatos. My wife also enjoyed it, it took us back to our holiday in Italy earlier this year. We shall be trying the other flavours soon.

Glad to hear it.

Thanks so much for your comments. :o

Putnesca is quick by its nature. I melt the anchovies in olive oil, then add fresh tomatoes, canned romas from Italy, olives (I use Kalmatas), capers (lots of them), salt, and pepper. The only things I add any different are one dried red chile, marinated artichoke hearts, a splash of wine, and a spoon of condensed demi glace. I bring all the ingredients with me from the US, and the sauce is done far sooner than the pasta (I like penne) and costs about $2 for the meal with enough left over to freeze for another meal.
You could possibly make a quick Putanesca sauce from our olive flavor... just add some anchovies and some chili if you like it spicy. We do have capers in the sauce, but if you like a lot, you might want to add more as well. Our olive flavor is available at Food Hall and Villa Market (Rimping if you're in CM).

expanding on this classic sauce, Puttanesca which is one of my favourite, I wonder if you guys actually know the etymology of the name and the colourful legend behind it

post-7932-1225569609_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sarge

industrial made sauces (or any precooked food) have some stabilizing ingredients and processes to make them shelf stable.....

True... and rice starch can be both a thickener and a binder... my guess is they are employing it as the latter to prevent separation during shipment. So I'd give them a pass on that one. However, no excuse for sunflower oil.

Just a couple of comments on the ingredients (as I said earlier, professional advices, recipe development and ideas how to better run your business cost money), you failed to mention tomato paste, and the percentage of it in those sauces. Do you use paste in your sauces and in what percentage? If you do, is that something you make or buy off the shelves from somebody else? If you don't, why not?

I only listed the ingredients that stood out as different from the other brand -- too lazy to list them all.

Yes, both use tomato paste (listed as tomato semiconcentrate) - depending on the flavor anywhere from 5% up to 12% per my memory. We use tomato paste as well in similar qtys, perhaps 1-2 points higher, depending on the flavor.

At the moment, no, we don't make our own paste, as we don't have the equipment for large-pack. Something for future growth....

Now, Kirk please offer some guidance and help to your customers (me included, as I will purchase your sauces); any manufacturer worth its salt should advice on how best to use their products thus giving the best possible experience. When I buy your sauces, lets say, Amatriciana, Ricotta & Parmesan. What should I do with them? I like Italian food but I don't really know how to use these sauce, I have poor cooking skills. Also, where to store and how long for. Help us out. Here some points that you can offer guidance:

1. Are your sauces intended for pasta only?

2. Can you recommend me what shape of pasta for a particular sauce?

3. How do I use your sauces?

4. Do I need to boil, stew, simmer, grill, poach, pour them? What's the recommended process?

5. Can I add extra ingredients to your sauces? Which one you recommend for which sauce?

6. How many people will your standard jar feed?

7. How much pasta do I need to cook?

8. How long should I cook the pasta for? Can you recommend the correct process?

9. Once opened do I have to use all the sauce?

10. If I don't use it all immediately, where and how should I store/keep the remaining sauce?

11. How long for?

12. Any health and safety advice?

13. I have a problem with your product (my child got bouts of diarrhea after eating - it badly stained my shirt/trousers - I got halitosis and flatulence after eating your Ricotta & Parmesan cheese sauce - there is a suspect particle inside - smell badly - rotten & rusty lid - sauce separates & becomes runny when warmed up - strange, unusual taste - etc...), what do I do? Do you have a customer complaint phone number/mail address? Do I take it back to the store I purchased from?

14. Do you have a customer help line for suggestion, recipe ideas, news about forthcoming new products, nutritional information etc..?

Many of these questions are answered by either our recipe page on our website, or on the jar label itself.

6. -- Our current 360ml jar serves two adult portions. We have other size capability but we're too new for that kind of demand as of yet.

9,10,11 -- Refrigerate after opening (on the jar lid) - should keep 10-days to 2-weeks in a well-cooled fridge, or can be frozen for months.

12,13,14 -- I haven;t set up a help line specifically, but have contact information on our website.

I am allowed 5 pages on my current website plan, and do have an extra page for addressing more services like this. Currently the extra page is being used as a "feature recipe", but I can rearrange that easily. Thanks for the ideas. :o

Edited by ChefHeat

I used my second jar of Amatriciana today. THe first time, it was just me, so there was plenty. THis time, there were tow other people over, and instead of making putenesca for them as I usually do, I decided to throw your sauce at them.

I generally make penne, and that seems to eat up more sauce. So my one jar really did not have quite enough sauce for the three of us (I also make a loaf of galric bread to mush around in the penne and sauce, so that uses up sauce as well.).

I kow I can use 2 jars, but a little bigger jar would be nice.

Yeah, its about 2 servings per 360ml jar.

We have capability to make 480ml and 720ml jars, probably 1-ltr as well, but at the moment demand favors the smaller size as the market in general is still in an evaluation phase for our new brand. Perhaps in due time....

I always have garlic bread with my pasta as well - such a nice compliment - and I love LOTS of garlic!! :o

I always have garlic bread with my pasta as well - such a nice compliment - and I love LOTS of garlic!! :o

I love the batard they have at the Mall Bang Khae. This is outstanding bread.

I cook the garlic in butter, olive oil, and white wine, then reduce the mixture down somewhat. I sprinkle in a little oregano before taking it off the heat.

I cut the bread lengthwise in half (top and bottom), then cut each half into chunks two to three inches wide. Dip the exposed side opposite the crust (what used to be the middle of the loaf) into the garlic mixture, then broil over high heat until the edges start turning brown.

To be honest, almost all of my guests like the bread dipped in the sauce better than the pasta itself (and maybe I like it better, too!)

Yes, both use tomato paste (listed as tomato semiconcentrate) - depending on the flavor anywhere from 5% up to 12% per my memory. We use tomato paste as well in similar qtys, perhaps 1-2 points higher, depending on the flavor.

At the moment, no, we don't make our own paste, as we don't have the equipment for large-pack. Something for future growth....

I trust you are aware if your Thai supplier/s produced the paste using hot break at 100 °C to retain full pectin, so not to "doctor it" using artificial thickeners or worst starch. Still your percentage is too high. Something to look into it

Yeah, its about 2 servings per 360ml jar.

We have capability to make 480ml and 720ml jars, probably 1-ltr as well, but at the moment demand favors the smaller size as the market in general is still in an evaluation phase for our new brand. Perhaps in due time....

I find your current 360g size odd, any particular reason for the smaller than the international standard size of 400g? Also I found that the really large size (700g plus) only work in USA, we did try in Australia but without much success. Again something you should consider carefully.

I always have garlic bread with my pasta as well - such a nice compliment - and I love LOTS of garlic!! :D

typical Kanos (as in AmeriKanos, a term used in Phils for Americans but now widely used to describe any westerners, similar to farang in Thailand), trust them to screw up anything about food. Pasta is intended as an appetizers, a small portion starter before tucking in the main course (either fish or meat) and not as a standalone full main course. Plus one shouldn't really eat bread with pasta as it's a double intake of starch, resulting bloated belly and flatulence if eaten regularly in large portions (pasta & bruschetta). :o

I find your current 360g size odd, any particular reason for the smaller than the international standard size of 400g? Also I found that the really large size (700g plus) only work in USA, we did try in Australia but without much success. Again something you should consider carefully.

Other brands do come in at about the same size, such as Waitrose... some even smaller.

The thing in Thailand, it seems, is that it is usually 1 farang eating with their significant other (a Thai), who may, or may not, enjoy Western food.

Thais, and other Asians, usually eat smaller portions than a Westerner. The Thais I've spoke to like the current size and can get two healthy portions amongst themselves, or three for the kids.

Funny, I do see large sized jars selling in Thailand as well, here and there, but not everywhere.

Usually Prego.

Other brands do come in at about the same size, such as Waitrose... some even smaller.

The thing in Thailand, it seems, is that it is usually 1 farang eating with their significant other (a Thai), who may, or may not, enjoy Western food.

Thais, and other Asians, usually eat smaller portions than a Westerner. The Thais I've spoke to like the current size and can get two healthy portions amongst themselves, or three for the kids.

Funny, I do see large sized jars selling in Thailand as well, here and there, but not everywhere.

Usually Prego.

I tried the 'traditional' last night and thought it was pretty good overall. Over the years here I drifted towards making my own beginning with the imported canned Italian tomatoes but this sauce is fine if one doesn't want to go the the extra effort.

Only thing I would add (yes its personal taste) is a few more chunky bits of tomato to give it a bit more body. The flavour was rich and balanced and neutral enough to customise to one's own taste.

Re the size, fine for 2 people as mentioned in the previous post.

I always have garlic bread with my pasta as well - such a nice compliment - and I love LOTS of garlic!! :D

typical Kanos (as in AmeriKanos, a term used in Phils for Americans but now widely used to describe any westerners, similar to farang in Thailand), trust them to screw up anything about food. Pasta is intended as an appetizers, a small portion starter before tucking in the main course (either fish or meat) and not as a standalone full main course. Plus one shouldn't really eat bread with pasta as it's a double intake of starch, resulting bloated belly and flatulence if eaten regularly in large portions (pasta & bruschetta). :o

To each his own.

Pasta is not an appetizer in Italy, but rather the primi piatto. Antipasto is the "appetizer," if one is served.   Pasta comes next in the primo piatto, followed by a main course in the secondi piatto (pardon my Italian spelling if I remember the terms incorrectly.)

But I do not eat for any regions' culinary accuracy. I eat to make me happy or to please my guests.  If that means a pinot noir with chicken, mangos and sticky rice with pot roast, or garlic bread (even that made with French bread) with pasta, well, so be it.  It tastes good, and both my guests and I like it.

As far as "Kanos" screwing up everthing culinary, well, to be blunt, there is no better country in the world that the US in which to eat. I love Italy and the food there, for example, but the US offers a much larger variety of high-quality food.

(Sorry ChefHeat, for taking your thread off-topic here.)

To each his own.

Pasta is not an appetizer in Italy, but rather the primi piatto. Antipasto is the "appetizer," if one is served.   Pasta comes next in the primo piatto, followed by a main course in the secondi piatto (pardon my Italian spelling if I remember the terms incorrectly.)

But I do not eat for any regions' culinary accuracy. I eat to make me happy or to please my guests.  If that means a pinot noir with chicken, mangos and sticky rice with pot roast, or garlic bread (even that made with French bread) with pasta, well, so be it.  It tastes good, and both my guests and I like it.

As far as "Kanos" screwing up everthing culinary, well, to be blunt, there is no better country in the world that the US in which to eat. I love Italy and the food there, for example, but the US offers a much larger variety of high-quality food.

while you're correct in acknowledging that pasta is originally intended as an introduction to the main course, I couldn't disagree more in your last paragraph. Without going too much into details, as this is Kirk's Promotional Thread, there isn't such thing as "American Food", if you intend it to mean, own grown cuisine. You're correct in saying that there is a number of world's cuisines there, which is typical of all Anglo-Saxon countries, but only because you don't have a cuisine of your own, a tradition to pass on to subsequent generations. A void of culinary culture which has, and still is being filled by foreigners coming to America and bringing their foods, tradition & cultural habits with them. This thread is the very example. Bar a few rare cases (some notable restaurants in NY & LA), I wouldn't associate the term, "high-quality" next to "American Food", "high-quantity" would be nearer the mark.

btw, your spelling is almost correct, very good. In Italian language, unlike English, you have to use plural in both words (or both singular): hence, secondi piatt(o) i (i being the plural)

To each his own.

while you're correct in acknowledging that pasta is originally intended as an introduction to the main course, I couldn't disagree more in your last paragraph. Without going too much into details, as this is Kirk's Promotional Thread, there isn't such thing as "American Food", if you intend it to mean, own grown cuisine. You're correct in saying that there is a number of world's cuisines there, which is typical of all Anglo-Saxon countries, but only because you don't have a cuisine of your own, a tradition to pass on to subsequent generations. A void of culinary culture which has, and still is being filled by foreigners coming to America and bringing their foods, tradition & cultural habits with them. This thread is the very example. Bar a few rare cases (some notable restaurants in NY & LA), I wouldn't associate the term, "high-quality" next to "American Food", "high-quantity" would be nearer the mark.

btw, your spelling is almost correct, very good. In Italian language, unlike English, you have to use plural in both words (or both singular): hence, secondi piatt(o) i (i being the plural)

Guys, this thread is about the TV's sponsors products and not a debate about American vs Italian food, values, spelling etc. If you don't mind, start your own thread or get a room. :o

Usually Prego.

Waitrose is out there? mmhh interesting .... do you know the range?

You'd be surprised to know that Thai actually enjoy pasta, mainly spaghetti and eat large amounts of it. There's always a big party when I cook Spaghetti al sugo con polpette in my muban in Mahasarakham.

Top of your head, what percentage of Thais purchase your products?

You'd be surprised to know that Thai actually enjoy pasta, mainly spaghetti and eat large amounts of it. There's always a big party when I cook Spaghetti al sugo con polpette in my muban in Mahasarakham.

I've seen a number of different flavors by Waitrose, all are quite expensive... close to 200 baht.

Thais like pasta alright, but from what I've seen in the smaller cities, most seem make it the Thai way.

The larger cities appear to have more Thais who like pasta in a more Italian style.

Hard to know the exact percentage of Thais who buy our sauce... it varies greatly depending on the town demographics and their taste for foreign food.

We've tried various small towns with very few farang, if any, - some have worked out, some not. Bangkok, as you know has a large number of farang living there, and the stores we are in cater to them, so I estimate our sales are mostly to farang there.

I've seen a number of different flavors by Waitrose, all are quite expensive... close to 200 baht.

Thais like pasta alright, but from what I've seen in the smaller cities, most seem make it the Thai way.

The larger cities appear to have more Thais who like pasta in a more Italian style.

Hard to know the exact percentage of Thais who buy our sauce... it varies greatly depending on the town demographics and their taste for foreign food.

We've tried various small towns with very few farang, if any, - some have worked out, some not. Bangkok, as you know has a large number of farang living there, and the stores we are in cater to them, so I estimate our sales are mostly to farang there.

Out of curiousity, how are your sales at Tops in Pin Klao?  There are not many farangs there when compared to Sukhumvhit and the like.

I've noticed that Thais do tend to like their pasta in a more Italian style than Japanese, who like it sweeter, and of course Filipinos, who basically like catsup with sugar as their sauce of choice (try Jollibees spaghetti if you want to sample that combination.)

expanding on your sauces concept, I noticed in your featured recipe webpage that you recommend using the artichoke sauce as base for a chicken bake over a bed of spaghetti. The message is that your sauces are quite versatile and can be used in more ways than one. Do you plan to give your customers more recipe ideas? It'd be of interest if you can expand on the concept.

and of course Filipinos, who basically like catsup with sugar as their sauce of choice (try Jollibees spaghetti if you want to sample that combination.)

Some Thais like it that way as well. I've seen plenty of them in the chain restaurants pour ketchup on to their spaghetti, and most of them put it on their pizza. There is a reason when you order take away pasta or pizza from the chain places they throw in packets of ketchup, lots of Thai people use them.

expanding on your sauces concept, I noticed in your featured recipe webpage that you recommend using the artichoke sauce as base for a chicken bake over a bed of spaghetti. The message is that your sauces are quite versatile and can be used in more ways than one. Do you plan to give your customers more recipe ideas? It'd be of interest if you can expand on the concept.

Well, I'm always on the lookout for easy-to-prepare recipes that can be adapted to using our sauces - while considering local availability of any relatively "exotic" ingredients.

Edit: Oh, and as we release the new flavors, that will give us fodder to add more variety of recipes and perhaps simplify some of the current ones.

Edited by ChefHeat

wot, almost two days and no update on Nana products? tut tut your customers feel withdrawal symptoms :o

I noticed Arancini in your recipe webpage, is that something you supply? if you do where do you sell them at? deli counters / food stores, restaurants? It's one of my favourites, along with supplì

wot, almost two days and no update on Nana products? tut tut your customers feel withdrawal symptoms :o

I noticed Arancini in your recipe webpage, is that something you supply? if you do where do you sell them at? deli counters / food stores, restaurants? It's one of my favourites, along with supplì

My internet service has been down for a couple days. :D

RE Arancini - We only make pasta sauce at the moment, although I have thought much about future expansion into frozen foods... but we need an anchor first, so that's a bit far off.

BTW, I finally found my empty jar of Agnesi Amatriciana.... It seems there is no English on the jar... but as I suspected (and probably for the very reason of supply assurance) they have listed in Italian, "pancetta affumicata" - smoked bacon - in the ingredients, and not guanciale. :D

BTW, I finally found my empty jar of Agnesi Amatriciana.... It seems there is no English on the jar... but as I suspected (and probably for the very reason of supply assurance) they have listed in Italian, "pancetta affumicata" - smoked bacon - in the ingredients, and not guanciale. :o

there you are, toldya guys not to eat prepared sauces in jars :D lol on a serious note, again Bacon is something different altogether, Pancetta is a cured pork belly, season with spices and dried for a few months. It can be smoked but people prefer it unsmoked. I'm surprised that Agnesi ships products meant for the Italian market (no English label) and shoddy work from the Thai importer not to provide one locally. If word goes to the Thai Food & Safety Authority they can face fines and product recall from stores.

My internet service has been down for a couple days.

RE Arancini - We only make pasta sauce at the moment, although I have thought much about future expansion into frozen foods... but we need an anchor first, so that's a bit far off.

Ok, we can discuss that later in more details. Btw, I've seen you have in store demo booths, can you explains how do they work?

- customers get to sample / taste sauce off the jar

- could you get permission for a cook up from the stores? - pasta + sauce cooked at set times in front of customers

- is there any promotion for the day / demo booths duration?

- where and which stores these booths are located?

- is the staff behind the booth employed by the food stores or ad hoc trained people from temp agency?

- any literature / recipe booklets provided?

Also can you tell us if your sauces are going to be listed in new extra stores (not yet listed in your webpage). Which is the best selling stores, that displays the full range?

Edited by Sarge