Retsina (greek Wine) In Bangkok

BangkokBP

Anyone know where i can get some Greek Retsina wine in Bangkok?

I know its not to everyone's taste but i love a good Retsina, so if anyone have any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

/bp

there is a greek restaurant on ekkamai that may have it.

I havn't been there for a few years, and heard they closed down.

Either way, they didn't have Retsina at that time, maybe I should check with them again.

Thanks for the reminder!

/bp

Now this buffle's me, never knew this was actually drunk and called "wine", always thought Retsina is greek type turpentine.

OK, I know, It's an acquired taste.

In Greece we were told "Seven times Retsina, always Retsina!" and apparently it worked on me.

If you dont like it, send the Greeks an email about it or something, If you know where to find some in Bangkok, let me know. :o

Cheers,

/bp

Now this buffle's me, never knew this was actually drunk and called "wine", always thought Retsina is greek type turpentine.

Is it better or worse than Zivarnia?

Thought this was a mosquito repellent! :o

OK, I know, It's an acquired taste.

In Greece we were told "Seven times Retsina, always Retsina!" and apparently it worked on me.

If you dont like it, send the Greeks an email about it or something, If you know where to find some in Bangkok, let me know. :D

Cheers,

/bp!

Well, I get your point, my point even it was a bit around the "corner" was to be honest: why bother?

I know it's up 2 u... and it certainly is...

One can find all sorts of wines, beers and spirits in the big mango but it has to be retsina - well.... I suggest the Greek Chamber of Commerce or the Embassy...

But I understand it's about if there is Ricard, people want Pernod, if there is Ouzo, people want Raki...

If you find it let me know if they sell Mavrodaphne too

Edited by Samuian

Anyone know where i can get some Greek Retsina wine in Bangkok?

I know its not to everyone's taste but i love a good Retsina, so if anyone have any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

/bp

That Greek Restaurant is long gone... replaced by some pastry training school...

• 10 years later...
On 10/24/2008 at 4:26 AM, Samuian said:

My Dad gave me a bottle of Retsina once.  I liked it.  But I do like the smell of turpentine (Pine) and Juniper.