Transfer Of Stamps Into Passport

If you have a new British passport you do not get a letter. You must take with you the receipt for the money you paid the British Embassy for the passport. It's looks just like a receipt from a 7/11 shop.

The visas are transferred for free and you will be asked to fill in a simple form stating why you are doing this. "Previous passport expired" or something like that is the reason.

Poipet I don't know about, mine was done at Nong Khai two months ago.

Lung Bing

Could someone please advise how I get the last entry stamp from my old passport put into my new passport?

Do immigration in Bangkok do this and at what cost or will they do it at the Poipet border if I take both passports?

Thanks

jj.

you can do it at immigration in bangkok - i think it's on the second floor, but check with information at the front. it's free and they ask for no further documentation, just the two passports, but you do have to fill in form, which can be found outside the office.

don't know about doing at the border, but i would get it done before you go at immigration.

You're exactly in the same position I was in last month jauntyjohn.

Take both old and new passports to the 4th floor, Room 402 of the Immigration Bureau and they will help you there. Basically, you just complete a form, hand your passports in to the Immigration clerk then after about a 5 minute wait they return both passports duly processed.

At that time you will be asked to go to the 2nd floor, Room 206 for final processing action. That's it. If you're lucky (like perhaps I was) you'll be in and out within 15 minutes! :o There is NO CHARGE for this service by the way; not 1 baht. :D

When you go to Poipet...simply take both passports with you and when summoned by the incoming Thai Immigration clerk hand them both passports (old & new), with the old passport opened at the still valid visa page. :D

Have a very safe and enjoyable trip.