"true" Incompetence

Zodiac

Last night it took the cable channel TRUE more than 20-30 minutes to start to show the "live" Arsenal match at West Ham, and the respective broadcast of the matches at Wigan and Spurs were delayed from being shown for much of the first half of each match and all we got was a screen advert when we should of had the games being shown.

Anyone know why?

Or just more total uselessness from the Thai broadcast company?

Edited by Zodiac

In typical True form, I would exept a letter to the Bangkok Post letters section in the coming days from disgruntled folk, followed by a statement from True like...

Due to circumstances beyond our control with the originator of the feed from the UK, we experienced a delay in being able to broadcast the games as promised. The problem originated in the UK so it's not our fault.

As Thailand's Premier sports provider, we look forward to your continued support.

Monopolies are great - <deleted> service, charge what you want and if you don't like it - too bad.

Edited by bkkjames

Also I am unable to watch any of the games on True Sport Extra 1 or 2, despite paying for Platinum, as my signal comes from a communal dish in my condo block. If you want to get a channel above 65 then you need an individual dish. Seemed to be fine until they moved the channels around the other month. I will e-mail them a suggestion that they move the channels to below 65 or reduce my monthly charge. Won't be holding my breath though.

Here in Saudi we have Showsports, which is Dubai based. And we have Supersports which is South African.

The Man City game was on Showsports and started with a 5 minute delay. But the Spurs game and the Villa game started about 30 - 40 minutes into the games.

Apparently, they have to re-align the satelite dishes (or transmitters) for matches that are not part of the standard sky screening.

Don't know if it is bulls1t or not. But all the games that sky in the uk screened live, seemed ok and on time but the 3 o'clock kick off's that sky weren't showing, seemed to be the ones with the problems.

Maybe True etc. suffer the same. Don't know :o