New York City Consulate Info?

My first post to this forum. I swear, I first searched the forum for an answer to my question: no luck.

I live in Boston, Ma., and might be leaving for Thailand sooner than I originally expected, too late to get a multiple entry visa by mail, especially this time of year. Does the New York Consulate offer "walk-in" one day service for multiple entry, tourist visas? Do I need to have my airline ticket in hand before I can apply for the visa??

Thanks

David

My first post to this forum.  I swear, I first searched the forum for an answer to my question: no luck.

I live in Boston, Ma., and might be leaving for Thailand sooner than I originally expected, too late to get a multiple entry visa by mail, especially this time of year. Does the New York Consulate offer "walk-in" one day service for multiple entry, tourist visas?  Do I need to have my airline ticket in hand before I can apply for the visa??

Thanks

David

Even easier than that, and a bit closer to home, is the Royal Thai Consulate-General 41 Union Street, Boston

( 617 ) 720 THAI

My first post to this forum.  I swear, I first searched the forum for an answer to my question: no luck.

I live in Boston, Ma., and might be leaving for Thailand sooner than I originally expected, too late to get a multiple entry visa by mail, especially this time of year. Does the New York Consulate offer "walk-in" one day service for multiple entry, tourist visas?  Do I need to have my airline ticket in hand before I can apply for the visa??

Thanks

David

Even easier than that, and a bit closer to home, is the Royal Thai Consulate-General 41 Union Street, Boston

( 617 ) 720 THAI

Dr PP

Three years of Bos/Bkk trips and I never knew there was a consulate here, so much for local knowledge. Thanks for your quick response. Hmmm, maybe I'll stop off for a bowl of oyster stew at the Union Oyster House when I'm finished.

David

I doubt they will do same day service.

The norm is apply one day, usually in the morning,

collect the passport and visa the next day, usually afternoon.

Watch for holidays. The next one is 10th Dec, Coronation day.

Thanks

David

( 617 ) 720 THAI

Dr PP

Three years of Bos/Bkk trips and I never knew there was a consulate here, so much for local knowledge. Thanks for your quick response. Hmmm, maybe I'll stop off for a bowl of oyster stew at the Union Oyster House when I'm finished.

David

:D Your local knowledge is greatly improving. Joseph Milano, the Consul-General, owns the Oyster House restaurant ( which he claims is the oldest restaurant in America. ) Enjoy. He is a retired BGEN US Army ( I'm a mine of useless information :o )