World Exclusive

TBWG

Well folks

The XXXL Farang Dragon Boat (Thai Tanic) has had a successful maiden voyage unlike its first namesake, fortunately icebergs are few and far between in Mun river!

The Thai test crew announce that being fibre glass it is a lot lighter than the usual Thai dragon boats so it might go someway to offsetting the Farang self imposed weight penalty!

If any of you miserable buggers want to get off your a***s and join the current international crew there may be an odd vacancy if you are quick!

TBWG :o

post-24662-1225290582_thumb.jpg

Well folks

The XXXL Farang Dragon Boat (Thai Tanic) has had a successful maiden voyage unlike its first namesake, fortunately icebergs are few and far between in Mun river!

The Thai test crew announce that being fibre glass it is a lot lighter than the usual Thai dragon boats so it might go someway to offsetting the Farang self imposed weight penalty!

If any of you miserable buggers want to get off your a***s and join the current international crew there may be an odd vacancy if you are quick!

As promised here are a few first pics of the Mueanfun II during the launching ceremony Thai style and the testing afterwards. The maiden trip was made with a 10 HP longtail engine behind the centre section (rear section removed) from Ban Yang Chum where she was launched in Mae Nam Moon to the River Raft Restaurant in Satuek. Was a great trip along the flooded banks with a crew of 6 on board. The vast mass of water made it difficult to navigate by following the current. Good I had 2 older Isarn men on board who seemed to have been up and down that river quite a few times in their days. The test results showed, that it would be better if the seats were lowered a fraction, so I have a lot of work to do tomorrow morning to get her ready for tomorrows training session.

More to come

longboat__Ceremoni1.bmp

longboat_ceremony2.bmp

Well folks

Congratulations to all those involved, but when are the ferangs going to get wet?

That bit being attached to the front looks like it may have been borrowed from Heather McCartney

Good luck you guys and I hope I can make it over to see it all for myself(hangover permitting)

Dave

p.s TMWG, I have pattented that name and every time its used, its one large bottle of Leo for me,OK

Edited by Dave the Dude

Well folks

As promised here are a few first pics of the Mueanfun II during the launching ceremony Thai style and the testing afterwards. The maiden trip was made with a 10 HP longtail engine behind the centre section (rear section removed) from Ban Yang Chum where she was launched in Mae Nam Moon to the River Raft Restaurant in Satuek. Was a great trip along the flooded banks with a crew of 6 on board. The vast mass of water made it difficult to navigate by following the current. Good I had 2 older Isarn men on board who seemed to have been up and down that river quite a few times in their days. The test results showed, that it would be better if the seats were lowered a fraction, so I have a lot of work to do tomorrow morning to get her ready for tomorrows training session.

More to come

TBWG :D

Here is Mueanfun crew for boat races against Thai tomorrow...GOOD LUCK :o

post-59822-1225453505_thumb.jpg

post-59822-1225453558_thumb.jpg

What a fine looking bunch of super athlete's :o

Surprised that nobody has commented on the fact that we have a celebrity line up for the crew spot .. Bob Hoskins, Freddie Mercury & Yul Brynner. :D

Photos of the fine Team just after the race in the White boat which did NOT tip over. Plus the team prior to enjoying a meal and libations at the Moon River Floating Restaurant. That floating restaurant has RECENTLY changed ownership and wait-staff. A huge and welcome improvement, even my Thai wife enjoyed the food. The remodel of the restaurant is not quite complete, but the wood floors seem much more solid than previous years.

post-20604-1225526894_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1225526908_thumb.jpg

post-8857-1225531376_thumb.jpg

What..?? No beer ?? :D

totster :D

Hi Totster

It was taken at 8.00am in the morning prior to practice! Strong coffee was called for! After all we are professionals and will not compromise our performance!

The piss up came later! :o

Hi Totster

It was taken at 8.00am in the morning prior to practice! Strong coffee was called for! After all we are professionals and will not compromise our performance!

Thank you for Mueanfun team...you guys did great

post-59822-1225551798_thumb.jpg

post-59822-1225551875_thumb.jpg

Hi Totster

Here come more picture time was 17 : 00 :D Moon River trip

post-59822-1225552396_thumb.jpg

totster :P

Hi Totster

Here come more picture time was 17 : 00 :D Moon River trip

and more picture 17:05 ... 5 minutes after!!!!......oh no.....see what happen :D:D:(

post-59822-1225552746_thumb.jpg

Wow!! so much for the Unsinkable Meuanfun! :o

Hi TBWG

I am sorry that the journalist concerned was not very accurate on both pictures. Or too lazy to run after the shipwrecked. Otherwise the pictures would not only have explained the cause of the capsize, but also the fact that the Mueanfun II is indeed unsinkable. If she wasn't we would never have been able to recover her so fast with the heavy engine mounted.

On pic one you can see that the Mueanfun II was perfectly stable and the captain was ready to set sail. Not knowing that the crew were still too busy with their darlings and forgot the basic rules. i.e. sit on the lower seats, don't hold the sides for balance and when she rocks just keep you balance by moving the gravity of your body to the other side. The old rule is herewith proven again!!!! Don't let women on a ship, because they drive the sailors mad. On pic 2 you see part of the result of breaking that rule. The Mueanfun II shook off her crew, but stayed afloat. Even after capsize she's got enough bouyance to both stay afloat herself and resque her crew.

What a fine ship she is. If again the journalist had not been struck with panic you could have seen this with your own eyes. Now you will have to do with the captains log.

To be able to let also unskilled sailors enjoy a trip on the Mueanfun II the ship will be modified shortly.

Arthur