Obama Victory Party - Yes, He's Gonna Win

zaphodbeeblebrox

There will be a TV member celebration of Obama's election victory at the Vegas Club, starting at 5pm, on Wednesday, November 5.

The Vegas Club is located on Ratbamrung (Soi Fire), on the north side of the street, near the Rayong Orchid Hotel.

Oh the horror!!!! :o On the bright side, the stock market has already tanked so he can't hurt that too much more. But still, I will at least wait until after election day before calling the race. That could be a pretty long party if things get dragged out in Ohio, Florida and Pensylvania. You may have to stay there waiting for days to celebrate (or mourn) the outcome. Good luck with your party, but not your hopes.

There will be a TV member celebration of Obama's election victory at the Vegas Club, starting at 5pm, on Wednesday, November 5.

The Vegas Club is located on Ratbamrung (Soi Fire), on the north side of the street, near the Rayong Orchid Hotel.

Oh the horror!!!! :o On the bright side, the stock market has already tanked so he can't hurt that too much more. But still, I will at least wait until after election day before calling the race. That could be a pretty long party if things get dragged out in Ohio, Florida and Pensylvania. You may have to stay there waiting for days to celebrate (or mourn) the outcome. Good luck with your party, but not your hopes.

5pm Wednesday in Thailand is 2am Nov. 5 on the west coast. The polls on the west coast will have been closed for 9 hours. The latest an election predicted result was announced in modern times was 8:15 p.m. pacific time, Nov. 4 in 2000. The pacific time zone states, with the exception of Nevada, are not battleground states this election. I'm expecting the predicted winner to be announced around 10am on Wednesday, Thailand time.

You know, I am very happy that Obama gets the chance to show what hes got, but I still think it is a shame that the republican party didnt present their best candidate: Ron Paul.

McCain/Palin would be funny if it wasnt so dam_n sad.

You know, I am very happy that Obama gets the chance to show what hes got, but I still think it is a shame that the republican party didnt present their best candidate: Ron Paul.

McCain/Palin would be funny if it wasnt so dam_n sad.

Ron Paul is weird, but his political views were closest to mine. However, I can't get past his stand on illegal immigration. No libertarian supports a 100% deportation platform. Too much sucking up to his Texan constituency.

4 years from now all you G.W. Bush haters will be O'man critics

I doubt it will take 4 years.

He may be able to escape/deflect a lot of criticism in his first year. I'm sure his camp will be able to make all sorts of excuses ("we inherited a mess", "change takes time", "steep learning curve", "economic requirements", yadda yadda yadda).

It wouldn't be long into year 2 though, that if things haven't made a dramatic improvement, the knives will come out. I suspect he has a lot of "favours" out there, and those holding the markers will want to see a return sooner than later. If those "favours" aren't returned in kind (with interest), a lot of those supporting him now will be calling for his blood.

4 years from now all you G.W. Bush haters will be O'man critics

I doubt it will take 4 years.

He may be able to escape/deflect a lot of criticism in his first year. I'm sure his camp will be able to make all sorts of excuses ("we inherited a mess", "change takes time", "steep learning curve", "economic requirements", yadda yadda yadda).

It wouldn't be long into year 2 though, that if things haven't made a dramatic improvement, the knives will come out. I suspect he has a lot of "favours" out there, and those holding the markers will want to see a return sooner than later. If those "favours" aren't returned in kind (with interest), a lot of those supporting him now will be calling for his blood.

It is clear that the US will be in for at least two years of misery. By my calculations Obama has promised over 1.3 Trillion dollars of new programs which he has no money to pay for. Whenever he is asked he always says that every thing will be paid for by ending the war. Even if the war ended today and we didn't have to spend anything to move the troops and equipment to their new assignments that would provide only 120 Billion dollars (10 Billion dollars X 12 Months). That still leaves Obama 1.18 Trillion Dollars short. Get ready! The House Finance Committee has a proposal ready that would 1. Tax 401K income 2. Limit investment options for 401k's to Government Bonds only. So much for allowing workers to manage part of the retirement. That's gone. These changes will give Obama another 80 Billion Dollars to spend. Assuming Obama doesn't come up with any new give-a-ways, that means Obama will then only be short by 1.1 Trillion Dollars to pay for the programs he has promised.

This is all Fantasy. As soon as he is sworn in he'll start telling us about how Bush has made it impossible between November 4, 2008 and January 20, 2009. (I have this nice bridge in the desert that I will sell you for a good price.)

Take this financial stupidity and add to it that Obama has delusions that he can just fly over to France, Germany, UK, Japan, Koreas, Balkans and others and say I want this and he'll get it. More likely he will do like Clinton did and send a trade delegation to say, Japan and negotiate a deal so that US can sell 10 Cadilacs in Japan (instead of the 13 today) and Japan can sell an unlimited number of cars in the US. The guy is brain dead and the rest of the world loves him for now. The US's only hope is that he doesn't destroy the US before the first 2 years are over. At that time all his cronies in Congress facing election will be thrown out and he will no longer have a veto-proof Congress. Then the bleeding will stop.

The problem is that many of the programs will not be reversabile by then. We're in for a rough 2 years.

Pray for us.

I have never voted,but 4 years ago i stayed up all night to watch the american elections as it involves ALL our lives,the idiot somehow one.I will stay up again in london UK,please vote Obama America,because it affects the rest of the world how you act.We dont want WW3 .We want peace.

In all this hullaballoo we've heard all about McCain/Palin and all the hype about Obama but who the hel_l is his running mate?

Maybe it's just me not paying attention but who is going to be Obama's VP (assuming he does win and the latest poll results show the gap narrowing). I sure hope he is up to the job as I have a sneaking suspicion that one way or another he'll be in the Oval office sooner than anyone could predict.

In all this hullaballoo we've heard all about McCain/Palin and all the hype about Obama but who the hel_l is his running mate?

Maybe it's just me not paying attention but who is going to be Obama's VP (assuming he does win and the latest poll results show the gap narrowing). I sure hope he is up to the job as I have a sneaking suspicion that one way or another he'll be in the Oval office sooner than anyone could predict.

LOL

Joe Biden is his VP. He is currently sequestered due to putting his foot in his mouth repeatedly. His most resent gem was along the lines of " Soon after taking over, Obama will be tested by our enemies manufacturing criseses. It will apear that we are not handling it well but you should bear wit us". He also slipped and said under $150,000 would be the cutoff where your taxes won't go up.

It was also his bright idea to split Iraq into 3 countries.

I actually like the guy but he is not someone you want to trust with any secrets nor has his take on foreign policy been very astute. He loves to talk and forgets when to stop.

LOL

Joe Biden is his VP. He is currently sequestered due to putting his foot in his mouth repeatedly. His most resent gem was along the lines of " Soon after taking over, Obama will be tested by our enemies manufacturing criseses. It will apear that we are not handling it well but you should bear wit us". He also slipped and said under $150,000 would be the cutoff where your taxes won't go up.

It was also his bright idea to split Iraq into 3 countries.

I actually like the guy but he is not someone you want to trust with any secrets nor has his take on foreign policy been very astute. He loves to talk and forgets when to stop.

Thanks for that, couldn't find any mention in the recent press and now I know why.

It's good to hear that we can look forward to a new generation of Bushisms but worrying that such a character is a heartbeat away from the presidency.

<edit to remove unwanted quote>

Edited by PhilHarries