Usb Audio Transmitter - Where ?

sibeymai

I'd like to play streaming audio from my PC through my hi-fi but don't want to cable the two together physically.

I've seen wireless USB audio transmitters/receivers on the net and was wondering if anyone knows a shop where I can buy in Bangkok.

Essentially the transmitter (usually 2.4Ghz) plugs into a USB port on the PC while the receiver provides signal to the hi-fi amplifier (could be RCA type connectors, some do digital or optical).

• 11 months later...

Apple's Airport Express

buy at Mac dealer

I'd like to play streaming audio from my PC through my hi-fi but don't want to cable the two together physically.

I've seen wireless USB audio transmitters/receivers on the net and was wondering if anyone knows a shop where I can buy in Bangkok.

Essentially the transmitter (usually 2.4Ghz) plugs into a USB port on the PC while the receiver provides signal to the hi-fi amplifier (could be RCA type connectors, some do digital or optical).

• 2 months later...

I'm also looking to add a music server as a new audio source to my sound system and have been considering Ayre's QB-9, a USB DAC to connect as a "bridge" between my sound system and the PC (MacBook Pro) but like the OP, I don't have a space on my rack for laptop and my work desk where I use my laptop is about 5 meters away from the AV rack, too far for wired connection. Apple's Airport Express does provide USB port but it seems its usage is limited to printers and audio out seems to be provided only through TRS headphone jack. Has anyone actually used Airport Express as wireless solution to transmit audio signal via USB for PC audio?

http://stereophile.com/digitalprocessors/a..._qb-9_usb_dac/#

Edited by Nordlys