Retiring To Chaing From Las Vegas

prz

:o No answer below, but an actual phone call I heard my wife make (translated to English by me):

"Hello Improved Residences Co. ?"

[...]

"Yes, I'm calling about the house for rent in Koolpunt Ville 7, I already rent a house just 2 houses further up but am looking to rent it to move my office to. What does it rent for?"

[...]

"20,000 BAHT !? You're kidding? The house is completely the same type as the one I'm already renting, 2 floors, 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms... and I think the space around it is actuall a bit less than mine. I pay 5000 baht in rent!"

[.............]

"Oh.. you rent mostly to Farangs.. Yes I guess they don't mind to pay that. Well, good luck then. "

-----------------

All answers as well as some suggestions are hidden in the actual phone call transcription above. :D

Good luck to you too.

Oh by the way, there is no company called 'Improved Residences". I changed it from their actual name; it's a well known one that advertises in all the magazines and has a nice website. I didn't put in the actual name because all these agencies are pretty much the same; highlighting this one might give you the false impression that you should steer clear of any one in particular rather than all of them, unless your expense account reaches sky-high and/or you just don't care what you pay. :D

Oh yes, 500 US$ should rent you a palace in Chiang Mai.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Not all agencies are bad or overpriced- In fact, I've had exellent experience with one of them, Chiang Mai Habitat.

Your experience may vary. Nothing is as black and white as some might try to present. Plenty of Thais paying more than 20,000 a month in mortgages, so it stands to reason that if they were to rent it out, they would sure want to cover their bank payments at least. Besides, there aren't any new houses anywhere of that size for 5,000 baht rent (more like 20,000), but quite a few older ones for that price or even less if you look around.

Can one rent a pretty decent home (3 to 4 baedrooms) almost new condition, close to the city for $500/mo US on a very long term lease.

Thanks

prz

Dear sir,

We are real estate, we have many houses for rent with good condition ! for more information please contact me here www.rungsilphousing.com or my personal

e-mail : [email protected]

regards

methanee

:-) Me and my other 1/2 have been looking at buying 2 houses on the hill just outside of Chiang Mai. We found a new development that is selling decent places CHEAP. total investment is 441,000 (approx 11kUSD) each. They look nice on paper. inculde fruit trees that are tended by the builder for 2 years etc. We are going up to look next week. We'll let you know. However the anser is YES you can find places for 20k a month that are nice, it just depends on where you want to be in town etc. The last place I rented in Hua Hin was 7,500 a month for a 2 br place.