Tv Usernames

TexasRanger

I use to be a chav (punk!!) but I'm toutching 40 so think a change is in order. Anyone from adimin reading?? :D

:o

Chavy, you don't look like these Chavs though.

post-31474-1228814867_thumb.jpg

My name, is because I like Toads. :D

Edited by mrtoad

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to be a chav (punk!!) but I'm toutching 40 so think a change is in order. Anyone from adimin reading?? :D

<H3 id=siteSub>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</H3>Jump to: navigation, searchChav is a slang derogatory term applied to certain young people in the United Kingdom. The stereotypical image of a chav is an aggressive white teen or young adult, of working class background, who wears branded sports and casual clothing (baseball caps are also common) who often fights and engages in petty criminality and are often assumed to be unemployed or in a low paid job. The term appeared in mainstream dictionaries in 2005

Hmmmm......not too much punk about that :o

As for mine, it means a statement of irrefutable logic, from the latin: quod erat demonstrandum

Edited by QED

<H3 id=siteSub>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</H3>Jump to: navigation, searchChav is a slang derogatory term applied to certain young people in the United Kingdom. The stereotypical image of a chav is an aggressive white teen or young adult, of working class background, who wears branded sports and casual clothing (baseball caps are also common) who often fights and engages in petty criminality and are often assumed to be unemployed or in a low paid job. The term appeared in mainstream dictionaries in 2005

Hmmmm......not too much punk about that :o

As for mine, it means a statement of irrefutable logic, from the latin: quod erat demonstrandum

And all this time I thought you were named after a ship.

^

Chav as in respect of what you are talking about is a fairly recent word. As for Chavy, he's far too old to be a Chav. :o

I reckon it comes from one of these meanings. Maybe Chavy can verify, but I got a feeling it was a cockney work mate that started calling him it.

"The origin of the word seems to have lots of possible sources. For many decades at Charterhouse, the public school boys used the word to refer to everyone who didn't go to public school.Now that British journalists have just recently discovered the word, all the papers seem to have an opinion as to its origin and are proudly announcing it as the word of the year. Hmm. One dumb hack wrote that it was a contraction of 'Chatham average', Chatham being a town in Kent, but this is certainly wrong. Another dubious source is an acronym derived from 'Council House Violent'. For decades, Chav was a traditional phrase used by Londoners 'she dropped a Chav' was used to mean 'gave birth'. In this context, 'Chavs' are simply 'kids' apparently deriving from 'Chavi' a Romany word meaning 'boy'. So we have an etymological contender that fits the bill... but used by caravan gippos." (Source: Everything2.com)

^

Chav as in respect of what you are talking about is a fairly recent word. As for Chavy, he's far too old to be a Chav. :o

I reckon it comes from one of these meanings. Maybe Chavy can verify, but I got a feeling it was a cockney work mate that started calling him it.

"The origin of the word seems to have lots of possible sources. For many decades at Charterhouse, the public school boys used the word to refer to everyone who didn't go to public school.Now that British journalists have just recently discovered the word, all the papers seem to have an opinion as to its origin and are proudly announcing it as the word of the year. Hmm. One dumb hack wrote that it was a contraction of 'Chatham average', Chatham being a town in Kent, but this is certainly wrong. Another dubious source is an acronym derived from 'Council House Violent'. For decades, Chav was a traditional phrase used by Londoners 'she dropped a Chav' was used to mean 'gave birth'. In this context, 'Chavs' are simply 'kids' apparently deriving from 'Chavi' a Romany word meaning 'boy'. So we have an etymological contender that fits the bill... but used by caravan gippos." (Source: Everything2.com)

It's CHARV !!!

From Urban Dictionary: 3. Charv

The correct spelling of chav. 'Chav' is the bastardised variation of charv, which is both in correct and stupid sounding. The word charv (short for charver, i mean come on, how can 'chav' be short for chaRver?! Some idiots on this website have defined the word 'chav' but have also made refrence to the word 'chaRver'. Don't they notice their stupid term isn't even a shortened version of the correct word?!) originated from the birth place of charv culture; Newcastle, UK. Charv culture then spread across the nation and the idiots in the south (ie, the media) started picking up on the North East's word but for some idiotic reason missed out the 'R'.

Edited by popmybubble

^

It's CHARV !!!

So you're a Geordie then?

Mine is just pure unadulterated self adoration.

(a long duration girlfriend of Polish origin nicknamed me this, and it just stuck, I'm the gift that just keeps on giving :o )

Oh, right.

Pull the other one it's got a tracking ankle thing on which is on the cat's neck as we speak

Edited by Patsycat

I tried to choose a screen name that incorporated the 3 passions I enjoy most in life which are flying, playing sports, and women. I first came up with the name 'jetjockpussy' but since that sounded like it might be a little too crude for an intellectual crowd like we have here on TV, I dedided it would be best to shorten it . :o

'Aijin' means 'mistress' or 'lover' in Japanese :o

More like a woman who is secretly seeing a married man, not outright derogatory but not very positive.

An Aijin is just a 'girl on the side', much like a mianoi...desu!

The guys at the dojo in Japan where I lived for 20yrs, put the OZ from where I was born on there as I am into martial arts.

Oz

Cindy is my nickname.

Chavy, maybe you could change yours to CindyCindyCindy. Cos you drink like a GirlGirlGirl :o

Or how about Sleepy?

:D

I have a few hobbies and characteristics in common with that character of Ch.Bukowski :o

Respect to that.

I am also a big fan of Buk.

Bukowski's Hanks hobbies = Drinking (lots of drinking), Betting on Horses, writing poetry and sleeping around with younger women.

I think you found the right town buddy (apart from the horses bit)

Mine is just pure unadulterated self adoration.

(a long duration girlfriend of Polish origin nicknamed me this, and it just stuck, I'm the gift that just keeps on giving :o )

Oh, right.

Pull the other one it's got a tracking ankle thing on which is on the cat's neck as we speak

No, honest it's true, I would never lie to you Patts.

Cindy is my nickname.

Ha!

Another tree hugger. :D

Anyway, my name comes from a movie aired long time ago when there was only black and white TV.

My mother was pregnant of me (do I say that right) and and she and my father where looking TV and discussing how to name me.

In the movie they were looking there was a character named Alex.

So they decided that if the baby turned out to be a boy it would be named Alex.

And so they did.

The amazing part of it is that this character in the movie happened to be some kind of secret agent.

And guess what I am now.

The Lah is refering to Singapore and suggested by Boo.

:o