Crime Rising In Chiang Mai ?

toopeekaa 1

My wife has informed me that she read in the local Thai Language, 'Chiang Mai News' of 3 bag snatchings in one day, this past week.

On the 4th reportedly a foreign tourist crossing the Nakornping Bridge had a bag containing a 35,000 baht Camera and approximately 1500 Baht in cash, literally ripped off.

On the same day there was also reported a snatching on Chiang Moi and another in the Muang Mai Market. All 3 are within a close proximity.

If memory serves me correctly, it was approximately a week ago that there was a knife wounding of two American female tourists, returning to their guest house from the night market. The women fought back with the would be thieves and were then assisted by several other tourists and a tuk tuk driver. In this instance I think I remember the wannabe robber left sans his shorts which were in turn ripped off. "The would-be ripperoffer gets ripped off himself.

I think it was also reported at that time that another tourist was stabbed in the Night Market, a week earlier, while trying to fend of another group of 3 muggers.

I believe in the latest incidents, that there was a suspect apprehended, for which the police believe was responsibe for that days crime spree. He was reported to be a assistant at a garlic selling stall in The Worrorot Market

Somehow this doesn't seem to be "Happiness on Earth" or whatever the new TAT slogan . This is not only a serious problem for tourism and national security, but more importantly could hurt us financially.

Perhaps we could all make some oragami bricks and throw them from the roof of the Rimping Condo which would no doubt help in solving the problem. Or maybe oragami spears