Briton Arrested In Drugs Bust

george

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normal intelligent people don't start using drugs just because they are cheap. If you want drugs you use them regardless of price.

We're obviously not going to agree about this so how about we just agree to disagree?

Now we agree.... :D .....normal intelligent people dont....unfortunately some people who havent used but have been curious may just start to use if it was cheaper or legal. the only people who gain from cheap legal drugs are the addicts who can inject more for less cost.

Do we disagree again..... :o

Update on my view of druggies just top em.

What defines a 'drug', and more specifically, a 'druggie'. Who are those that dictate what and what are not drugs? Sorry, again I become infuriated when I hear this narrow minded nonsense. Were we not here today in this 'modern' world if were not for drugs of all natural and pharmaceutical derived forms. Caffeine, Opiates, Amphetamines, Valium, Lysergic Acid Diethylamide - early forms....moving onto 5-MeO-AMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 2-CB and numerous other drugs all your governments are currently trying out in order to find new powers of social order. Please, people, open your eyes.

[/quot

Drugs are a waste of time - beleive me - you'll grow out of them.

Which one of us were you referring to me or the Chemist fellow :o

The biggest drug problem most countries have is alcohol.

It is a major factor in most crimes related with violence, the cause of many deaths via motor vehicle accidents , the cause of many health realted problems, the cause of many family and relationship problems and the list goes on.

The we have prescription drugs.

The results of dependency on many of these substances is very well hidden in our society but they too extract an enormous social cost.

In fact if you look at the statistics you would see that most of our western countries are full of people with substance abuse problems.

Now i haven't mentioned illicit drugs.

These are certainly a problem as well but they are even more of a problem because they are illegal and there are no controls over their manufacture ie purity, dosage etc

I believe that these illicit drugs should be made legal.

Firstly they should be make legal so that there is some control over their manufacture.

Secondly the profit motive needs to be removed for the profits from illicit drugs corrupt all layers of our society. Politicians lawyers, bankers, policemen, and accountants are being corrupted by illegal money.

Our present drug laws have proven ineffective.

Supply is present because the profit incentive is so great.

All the busts in the world have not stopped or slowed the drug trade and they won't.

By legalising illicit substances there should be a corresponding drop in many property crimes as the drugs will not be so expensive.

Drug problems should be treated as health issues and those that have them should not be further marginalised by society because their choice of drug happens to be an illegal one. THey should be provided with the necessary health facilities to help deal with their problems.

Locking people up with drug problems serves no one any good cept those self serving smug types who like to think that they are so much better than the drug addict whilst they sip on their gins smoke their fags and down their tranquilisers when they can't sleep at night.

-- TNA 2004-12-07

Dont quite understand how Mr anderson and Mrs yupin could be implicated in the narcotics offenses when it states that '

A police raid on the house of Mrs. Yupin and Mr. Anderson netted 8,000 valium tablets'(which are not narcotics and availible without pescription in LOS)....

Where have you been hiding? Valium is now a perscription only drug, and only available wih a medical perscription. Yes you could buy it over the counter, but not now. There are quite a few other "medications" that have also been placed on the restricted list. Any Pharmacy found selling these over the counter without a perscription will loose their licence.

So the worst they can be charged with is posession with intent to distribute a perscribed drug. UNLESS they can be tied in with the brother, which no doubt the authorities will manage to do somehow :o

Since when is valium a prescription drug? I can tell you that you can get valium and similar OTC in most pharmacies in Pattaya, including the most farang frequented.

Since when have you seen a prescription in Thailand? Any drug you need prescribed is usually only avialable in the hospital prescribing it to you.

Perscriptions are issued by many clinics that don't keep, or can't afford to keep a full range of restricted medications. At least in the part of Thailand that I live. ( A larger city than Pattaya)

If you want to self perscribe your own medication "som nam nah"

Next time you are in one of your cute little '"farang friendly pharmacies" down Pattaya way, just out of interest, ask the owner why he selling Valium or Codein (both habit forming) over the counter, and see what he says by way of an explanation. Then ask him if they are restricted drugs. Then ask him again why he is selling them......He'll probably grin and wink saying, "this is Thailand"

All I was saying was, that they are restricted drugs, not whether you can buy them or not. Why should pharmacies obey the law, when others ignore it and get rich?? :D

It is a major factor in most crimes related with violence, the cause of many deaths via motor vehicle accidents , the cause of many health realted problems, the cause of many family and relationship problems and the list goes on.

The results of dependency on many of these substances is very well hidden in our society but they too extract an enormous social cost.

In fact if you look at the statistics you would see that most of our western countries are full of people with substance abuse problems.

These are certainly a problem as well but they are even more of a problem because they are illegal and there are no controls over their manufacture ie purity, dosage etc

Firstly they should be make legal so that there is some control over their manufacture.

Secondly the profit motive needs to be removed for the profits from illicit drugs corrupt all layers of our society. Politicians lawyers,  bankers, policemen, and accountants are being corrupted by illegal money.

All the busts in the world have not stopped or slowed the drug trade and they won't.

By legalising illicit substances there should be a corresponding drop in many property crimes as the drugs will not be so expensive.

Drug problems should be treated as health issues and those that have them should not be further marginalised by society because their choice of drug happens to be an illegal one. THey should be provided with the necessary health facilities to help deal with their problems.

Locking people up with drug problems serves no one any good cept those self serving smug types who like to think that they are so much better than the drug addict whilst they sip on their gins smoke their fags and down their tranquilisers when they can't sleep at night.

I have known a number of drug users (Crack Cocain and heroin) All were prostitutes and pimps and thieves. Paranoia reigned supreme in their lives but when locked up they still contrived to get their drug smuggled in. Those who were weaned off in drug abuse programmes came out looking so much better transforming their ematiated bodies into healthy beings but before not too long they were back on the drugs their bodies wrecked again from lack of food. They started again on their crime waves to pay for their habit. Around them come the suppliers, the buyers of stolen goods, the sex pests, hangers on, the pimps and prostitutes the petty thieves and shopplifters. the bad drivers without driving licences and insurance or MOT . The drug world is a nightmare of corruption and degradation and fear for user for family and for those who live near the abusers, the shop managers and those who just walk along the same streets.

Secondly the profit motive needs to be removed for the profits from illicit drugs corrupt all layers of our society. Politicians lawyers,  bankers, policemen, and accountants are being corrupted by illegal money.

I have known a number of drug users (Crack Cocain and heroin) All were prostitutes and pimps and thieves. Paranoia reigned supreme in their lives but when locked up they still contrived to get their drug smuggled in. Those who were weaned off in drug abuse programmes came out looking so much better transforming their ematiated bodies into healthy beings but before not too long they were back on the drugs their bodies wrecked again from lack of food. They started again on their crime waves to pay for their habit. Around them come the suppliers, the buyers of stolen goods, the sex pests, hangers on, the pimps and prostitutes the petty thieves and shopplifters. the bad drivers without driving licences and insurance or MOT . The drug world is a nightmare of corruption and degradation and fear for user for family and for those who live near the abusers, the shop managers and those who just walk along the same streets.

Making the drugs more available at cheap prices would remove the impetus for crime for most of the users.

What we would have is similar to what we have now with drunkards or alcoholics who sit on park benches or wander the streets. We would have a group of people who cannot and don't want to be helped with their problem but at least we could free up all the resources wasted on imprisoning drug users and also remove a lot of corruption that flows from all the illegal money garnered from the drugs trade.

BTW

You might be surprised but not all illicit drug users are pimps, pros and thieves.

Rather illicit drug use crosses all spectrums of society.

Rock stars , film stars , sportsmen and women, middle class families, university professors , school kids etc

I think you are rather naive if you believe that only certain class of people take and/or abuse illicit drugs....

No smoke without fire, just send them to court in a couple of years time then sentence them to a vast amount of years in jail. At least he will be able to speak fluent Thai when he gets out more than he would have been able to do in Pattaya. :o

Are you a first year law student who missed all his lectures because you were playing football or are you just normally stupid?

I think I send you to jail for unforgivable stupidity. Let's say twenty years.

And then of course you have to be cut in peaces which have to be fed to monkeys and so on and so on. Take an animal of your choice.

Goh, idiot, move out of our sight!

My excuses to the moderators, I know this went too far, but at a certain moment it gets too much. I solemnly promise to ignore this kind of postings in the future.