or am i totally wrong!!!  :o

As far as I know,

lok ling - baby monkey

ling toa lek - small bodied monkey

Ling noi - Not sure if you can use this

dek ling - monkey child

You'll have to wait for one of the experts for the definitive answer

Cheers RC

As  in  baby  monkey......look  ling    ลุก  ลิง ......or  as  in  small  bodied  ling  nawy (noi)  ลิง  น้อย  (sorry  about  the  small  Thai  font.).

On a visit to Prasat Phnom Rung, My ex Sis In Law and her friend were fooling around a bit....the Thais called them Dek Ling....Hope that helps

loog ling=a baby monkey

ling tua lek=a small monkey (can use lek lek)

ling noi=a small monkey, can only be used in certain phrases, ling tua noi (or noi noi) is more appropriate

dek ling=a monkey-like child (I think you were aiming for ling dek)

The appropriate word depends on the context. What's the phrase?

As  in  baby  monkey......look  ling    ลุก  ลิง ......or  as  in  small  bodied  ling  nawy (noi)  ลิง  น้อย  (sorry  about  the  small  Thai  font.).

You can make the font size bigger by clicking on the "size" drop-down button and hitting "large" or "largest".

As  in  baby  monkey......look  ling    ลุก  ลิง ......or  as  in  small  bodied   ling  nawy (noi)   ลิง  น้อย   (sorry  about  the  small  Thai  font.).

You can make the font size bigger by clicking on the "size" drop-down button and hitting "large" or "largest".

ขอบคุณครับ....... :D...........doesnt look any bigger :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

ขอบคุณครับ....... :D...........doesnt look any bigger :o

First, type the phrase or word in Thai. Then, highlight the word or phrase and click the arrow to the right of SIZE, then pick Largest in the list. This should do the trick.

girls around the bars.........to Farang guys......

"Hello Dek Ling (NOT hello darling)....please come inside.."

never heard?

I usually than speak to them:

"WHAT ARE YOU CALLING ME......?

I WILL MAKE YOU: TOPSO-LOPSO-LAI" (slap you left and right in the face....) than they all start laughing and find it very amusing

listen carefully next time!

a Thai speaking friend of mine told me it's called like 'the .ss of a Monkey'...

so beware of the monkey-callers

LaoPo

girls around the bars.........to Farang guys......

"Hello Dek Ling (NOT hello darling)....please come inside.."

never heard?

I usually than speak to them:

"WHAT ARE YOU CALLING ME......?

I WILL MAKE YOU: TOPSO-LOPSO-LAI" (slap you left and right in the face....) than they all start laughing and find it very amusing

listen carefully next time!

a Thai speaking friend of mine told me it's called like 'the .ss of a Monkey'...

so beware of the monkey-callers

LaoPo

The term they usually use is Nah Ling.....monkey face.......said quickly it sounds more like "darling" then dek ling does.

regards the original question the term you use depends on the circumstance....if you were looking at a monkey in the zoo then ling tua lek would be ok....If you saying little monkey as a term of endearment to a cheeky young child then dek ling would be more appropriate.

You can makeit look bigger in your browser.... View.> Text size, it just zooms in.

Which version of IE are you using? If it works for 6.0, you must have different settings to me! Fonts not enlarging is one of the unsolved problems at the forum help desk.

I'm using firefox at the moment, but I can "zoom" with IE as well, but have'nt a clue what version.