Nana Prostitute Arrested For Theft

Highwayman

Nana prostitute arrested in Bt4.5-million cash theft

Police yesterday arrested a prostitute who stole more than Bt4.5 million worth of US dollars from a Jordanian customer, a lot of which she’d already splurged out on expensive gold jewellery and a car.

Sex worker Rommanee Wisanukul, 26, was detained along with Bt2.1 million in US dollars, several gold ornaments, and a Honda Prelude, said Major Chotewat Leungwilai of Lumpini police station. Police also retrieved the businessman’s leather briefcase from the balcony of a room in Huay Kwang that Rommanee had been renting.

Chotewat said that early Saturday evening, Jordanian car-importer Saed Nazer Sulaiman Jade, 46, met Rommanee in Soi Nana and invited her to his room, where he had $117,000 (Bt4,571,000) stored in a briefcase. The next morning the Jordanian found that Rommanee was gone, along with his briefcase and the money. He called police.

On Monday police arrested Rommannee in her rented room in Soi On-Nut 17 and charged her with theft. Rommanee told police she’d stolen the briefcase after she caught a glimpse of the great amount of cash in it. Next day she converted more than Bt2 million worth of dollars and, during a spending spree, splurged out on the Honda car and expensive jewellery.

Rommanee admitted to having previously stolen as much as Bt2,000 from customers before, but said this was the first time she’d stolen such a huge amount of cash.

The Nation 08.12.2004

Chotewat said that early Saturday evening, Jordanian car-importer Saed Nazer Sulaiman Jade, 46, met Rommanee in Soi Nana and invited her to his room, where he had $117,000 (Bt4,571,000) stored in a briefcase. The next morning the Jordanian found that Rommanee was gone, along with his briefcase and the money. He called police.

The Nation 08.12.2004

Uh... considering the intelligence and good sense this gentleman has shown, I'm frankly surprised it was real money in the briefcase. :o

cv

stupid BG, why doesn't she just leave Bangkok, and go to the country side, hide out for awhile, disapear to the north our south should do, with that amount of money she should live well if she manage it.

the dude went to a whore house, he coulda been arrested.

Couple of comments due to my curiousity:

The story didn.t indicate where the Jordanian was staying. If I'm carrying a large amount of cash (which I wouldn't unless I'm doing something fishy), I would be in an upscale hotel with management's personal assurance of security for the cash.

"Police also retrieved the businessman’s leather briefcase from the balcony of a room in Huay Kwang that Rommanee had been renting. . . . On Monday police arrested Rommannee in her rented room in Soi On-Nut 17 and charged her with theft"

On-Nut is nowhere near Huay Kwang.

Nana prostitute arrested in Bt4.5-million cash theft

Police yesterday arrested a prostitute who stole more than Bt4.5 million worth of US dollars from a Jordanian customer, a lot of which she’d already splurged out on expensive gold jewellery and a car.

i always say if you take any girl back with you for the night HANDCUFF HER TO SOME IMOVABLE OBJECT . or handcuff her legs together so she cant go walkies in the night .

even in a hotel where they keep an ID card they still thieve things when you are not looking .

i had one girl who stole the TV remote control for some reason , i wasnt expecting the TV remote to go missing so wasnt watching it .

and they can still defeat a cursory hotel search by hiding a wad of money or some gold in her body cavity ! it has happened i can assure you .

The story didn.t indicate where the Jordanian was staying.  If I'm carrying a large amount of cash (which I wouldn't unless I'm doing something fishy), I would be in an upscale hotel with management's personal assurance of security for the cash.
Not unusual for Arabs dealing in import-export to carry a lot of cash and staying in ordinary hotels.

Downpayment to hide the real amount on invoices or get better deals than anybody. I've seen a few of them paying whole containers cash! They are very good at bargaining (with no shame) and get some incredible deals.

The story didn.t indicate where the Jordanian was staying.  If I'm carrying a large amount of cash (which I wouldn't unless I'm doing something fishy), I would be in an upscale hotel with management's personal assurance of security for the cash.
Not unusual for Arabs dealing in import-export to carry a lot of cash and staying in ordinary hotels.

Downpayment to hide the real amount on invoices or get better deals than anybody. I've seen a few of them paying whole containers cash! They are very good at bargaining (with no shame) and get some incredible deals.

I am reluctant to side with a BG thief, but this guy is a moron! Carries a large amount of cash in a briefcase, stays in a regular room and then brings a BG home for some entertainment! Reminds me of the 'kick me' signs kids tape to the back of a classmate. This guy had a 'rob me' sign on him. Glad she was caight by the boys in brown, but he needs to be fined for stupidity. No wonder all the BGs think we are stupid and rich. :o