Project Help

nokmdk

Hey all:

Reached Learning Outcome #2 Mental Health

argggggg

So i have taught the M3 students the basics about Stress ect... now i am at the point of needing a project of some type to keep them busy for 4 classes. Any ideas what type or how to make a project in Mental Health??? Thank you.

Ummm, I know this is from the Ministry's "Anguish" translation of the curriculum, but I'm not a health teacher.  If you want advice, could you give us more detail on what the goals, components, whatever it is they're calling it now are for that topic?

"Steven"

Topic is Health

learning outcome #2 Using English in everyday life ie: Hospitals, clinics ect....

The goal (laughing now) Letting the students practice (in class) using the English language.

I have taken this right from the objectives sheet i am given every term.

So what i have done so far on this subject is talking and given worksheets about stress. Such as a little stress is good, makes us hyper and productive. Then the flip flop side of being burned out, at wits end ect..... Now i would like to make a project that would make them use all the nice fancy words (they will never use again) into some sort of perhaps essay or project. Hard to figure out a project on Health thats for sure. Thanks again.

I always cringe when I'm given a job and a Thai says to me "Let me tell you the objectives". I want to butt in at that very moment and shout "To teach them English". What's even funnier is when the quite complex objectives far exceed anything possible. They basically say in a really indirect way the objectives are for their below average students to become fluent in English within one school term.

Should say something like:

Students should be able to

a: Remember the names of 10 fruits by the end of the year.

b: Remember the names of 10 animals by the end of the year.

It's a staple of basic conversational English classes to do a lesson on "going to the doctor"- nurse asks you to wait, doctor asks you what's the matter, you answer (and then have a big menu of possible symptoms in English), doctor gives you diagnosis (simple things) and some medicine and dosage instructions- would that kind of thing be sufficient for your topic?

"Steven"

"A big menu of possible symptoms in English"

Steven i think that would work out very well. Thank you for your suggestion and help. The School seems to have alot of activities rather than lessons, so this should last for a while. :o