Transfer Patong - Khao Lak - Surat Thani/don Sak

bubu

hi all ...

our next trip to thailand will start in two days ... 6 weeks in paradise :o

First stop is Patong, after this we planned to go to Khao Lak for some days, but the problem: WE DON'T KNOW HOW ??

I know that there is a bus from Phuket Town to Takua Pa, but we prefer to travel a bit more comfortable.

What about minibuses from PATONG (not Phuket!) to Khao Lak (not Takua Pa)?

Are there some operators?

Or what do you think, how much is a taxi from Patong to Khao Lak? Or a minibus? Not a shared, but our "own" ...

We are three persons, travelling with all our luggage.

After Khao Lak we will go to Samui, that means to Don Sak first, after this by ferry to Nathon on Samui.

Same questions ... are there minibuses to Surat Thani?

How much is a taxi or minibus from Khao Lak to Surat Thani?

Or maybe it's the same price or cheaper to travel do Don Sak directly?

I know the Panthip bus from Surat Thani to Don Sak, but should we rent a minibus,

I guess it is cheaper to travel to Don Sak directly, isn't it?

I tried to find information on the net and here, but without success.

I only found information about the bus routes ...

Do you guys have some information for me?

That would be of great help to us ...

hi all ...

our next trip to thailand will start in two days ... 6 weeks in paradise :o

First stop is Patong, after this we planned to go to Khao Lak for some days, but the problem: WE DON'T KNOW HOW ??

I know that there is a bus from Phuket Town to Takua Pa, but we prefer to travel a bit more comfortable.

What about minibuses from PATONG (not Phuket!) to Khao Lak (not Takua Pa)?

Are there some operators?

Or what do you think, how much is a taxi from Patong to Khao Lak? Or a minibus? Not a shared, but our "own" ...

We are three persons, travelling with all our luggage.

After Khao Lak we will go to Samui, that means to Don Sak first, after this by ferry to Nathon on Samui.

Same questions ... are there minibuses to Surat Thani?

How much is a taxi or minibus from Khao Lak to Surat Thani?

Or maybe it's the same price or cheaper to travel do Don Sak directly?

I know the Panthip bus from Surat Thani to Don Sak, but should we rent a minibus,

I guess it is cheaper to travel to Don Sak directly, isn't it?

I tried to find information on the net and here, but without success.

I only found information about the bus routes ...

Do you guys have some information for me?

That would be of great help to us ...

There are a ton of tour operator shops in Patong. Without trying to create some kind of itinerary for you, best you just drop into one of those shops, tell them what you want to do, and let them handle it for you.

Really the bus from Phuket Town isn't that bad and it's only an hour and a half, maybe do that on your own and hit a tour operator in Khao Lak.

Have fun !

as i said, we are three persons ... and it doesnt make sense to take a taxi to phuket bus station, then the bus to takua pa, then again a taxi to khao lak ... or bus to khao lak (don't know if it stops in khao lak) ... i guess the minibus from patong to khao lak would cost almost the same ... or just some baht more ...

• 2 weeks later...

We live in Khao Lak and we find that its easiest to take a taxi from Patong. The cost varies, depending on your bargaining skills, but be close to 2,000-2,500 baht. They have to spend the money to get back since they won't have a fare on return. They might be able to pick up a fare at the airport on the return, so you can use that as a bargaining tool.

You can also call my dear friend that owns a new Toyota taxi (providing you don't have tons of luggage) and he charges 2,500 baht door-to-door. And he knows Khao Lak well as he lives there. We helped him buy his car following the loss of his water business in the tsunami. A lovely man with a charming and loving family. If you're intersted in his service, just PM me on this site.

Khao Lak is flourishing and you'll find it to be most relaxing and wonderfully beautiful. You won't be crowded onto the beach with hundreds of others.

Good luck!!

Johnny and Roong

as i said, we are three persons ... and it doesnt make sense to take a taxi to phuket bus station, then the bus to takua pa, then again a taxi to khao lak ... or bus to khao lak (don't know if it stops in khao lak) ... i guess the minibus from patong to khao lak would cost almost the same ... or just some baht more ...

Forgot to mention, you can take the LIGHT BLUE (most have aircon) or the ORANGE bus that goes to Surat Thani. Let the driver know you are going to Khao Lak and they will drop you off in the heart of Khao Lak (on the main highway) or 2km north at Bang Niang. Let them know which one. There will be a bus attendant that will alert you when you arrive. It's an easy and scenic ride. Not sure of the price, but likely less than 200 baht per person. Farangs and Thais pay the same price. Set fares.

Hope this helps!