International Child Custody Issues And Thai Courts.

soundman

An excellent read by the OP but I wish to point out one error! Should a father in the UK take the children and immediately apply for a custody hearing to gain full custody of the children, and not allow the mother to have any contact whatsoever with her children. The Police can't and won't do anything to the father. It will go through an extensive programme of seeing the Child court welfare officers, who's job it is to see if the children are happy with living with the father or not! By the time it goes to court the father's Barrister will implement the Status Quo (not the Band) to the judge in that he has taken good care of his children and that the Court welfare officer has no objections to the father having full custody of the children, he will win the case hands down. He took this cause of action to get back at his wife for leaving him, and it worked in his favour.

I know this to be true as it happened to my ex-wife many years ago with her own two children. My wife was a good mother and had had enough of the marriage with her husband due to physical and mental abuse. I was a good man and had a good respectful occupation, we lived in my own homed house and neither of us had any previous convictions. The only mistake my ex-wife did was not report the Domestic Violence to the Police. I was flabbergasted and so were my ex-wife and her lawyers when the judge passed his judgement, and allowed the father who had never worked in his entire life the full custody of the two kids.

The reason for our split up and divorce was the fact that her parents were from one end of the UK and we were at the other. Her mother became seriously ill and needed her daughter to be there to assist her. The journeys to see our little boy was far too long and expensive, so we sat down and agreed that a divorce would be in the best interests for all. We have remained the best of friends, my son is now grown up and regularly makes the long visit to see my mother, and when we are in the UK, myself and my Thai wife whom he loves to bits.

So I never trust nor have faith in the Law Courts of the UK.

Edited by Pitbullman1

• 10 months later...

Note that in he article the child was raised by the grand mother, not the mother. If the mother takes care of the child herself the courts will want to see more proof that the mother is unfit to raise the child and therefor you should be awarded sole costudy.

I hope you can mend things with your wife, as that is always the best solution.

Mario2008

I hope you can mend things with your wife, as that is always the best solution.

This is one of the best of the very best advices you ever give, so far.

You are definitively getting better and better as you mature. LOL