Wonderful Thai Planning

farangconnection

More wonderful Thai planning.

It's November again, the Elephants are rampant. Thousands upon thousands of tourists are expected in this and next week. What have the Thai's done? They've knocked the main bus station down, to build a new one. At the moment with just a small percentage of users, chaos reigns. Still I suppose that's not as bad as four years ago, when,just before the Elephant festival, Andaman Air pulled all the flights to Surin. How do these people get away with it? I suppose it's the same the world over. Has anyone else experienced planning like this? Either in Thailand, or in their home countries.

Edited by farangconnection

Thai Planning...

see oxymoron / n. rhet. a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (pointedly foolish).

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

You mean like Sober Norwegian

Polite Australian

Generous Yorkshireman

Caring Landlord

Thin American

Clever Irishman

Right,I think I've insulted most of you :o Have a nice day

Thai Planning...

see oxymoron / n. rhet. a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (pointedly foolish).

Polite Australian

Generous Yorkshireman

Caring Landlord

Thin American

Clever Irishman

Polite Australian. First define what is an Australian exactly?

Thai Planning...

Polite Australian

Generous Yorkshireman

Caring Landlord

Thin American

Clever Irishman

I'm not sure. All I know is that I was very nearly an Australian. If my Great Grandfather had turned left not right coming out of the bank............well, you know the rest.

Thai Planning...

Polite Australian

Generous Yorkshireman

Caring Landlord

Thin American

Clever Irishman

A convict or descendant if. In the dictionary look under scouser.

P.S. Martin, I didn't know the sausage suckers sent naughty people to Australia also? Still it's better than keeping them in the cellar I suppose.

John.....

Right,I think I've insulted most of you :D Have a nice day

You missed off Honest Scouser.

What's the crack Thad ............ you can always rely on a scouser to back ye up in a problem, just don't park yer car up outside with nice alloy wheels!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note in regards to this thread............... I just took my daughter to the airport over the weekend and spent a night in Bangkok. I respect the religion, the King and much of the Buddha way...............but in our hotel there were many tourist guests that were really miffed to find all nightlife shut down for 3 days and no alcohol available, even for hotel residents in the hotel bar, the exception being room service!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a way to improve attractions to the tourist trade in this current climate!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

Right,I think I've insulted most of you :D Have a nice day

You missed off Honest Scouser.

What's the crack Thad ............ you can always rely on a scouser to back ye up in a problem, just don't park yer car up outside with nice alloy wheels!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note in regards to this thread............... I just took my daughter to the airport over the weekend and spent a night in Bangkok. I respect the religion, the King and much of the Buddha way...............but in our hotel there were many tourist guests that were really miffed to find all nightlife shut down for 3 days and no alcohol available, even for hotel residents in the hotel bar, the exception being room service!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a way to improve attractions to the tourist trade in this current climate!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

I put a notice up " No Alkyhol" but I did a great trade in frothy amber coffee.

P.S. Martin, I didn't know the sausage suckers sent naughty people to Australia also? Still it's better than keeping them in the cellar I suppose. :o

John.....

The character test by the Australian Government Dept. of Immigration & Citizenship

A person will fail the character test where:

* they have a substantial criminal record

* they have, or have had, an association with an individual, group or organisation suspected of having been, or being, involved in criminal conduct

* having regard to the person's past and present criminal conduct, the person is found not to be of good character

* having regard to the person's past and present general conduct, the person is found to be not of good character

* there is a significant risk that the person will engage in criminal conduct in Australia, harass, molest, intimidate or stalk another person in Australia, vilify a segment of the Australian community, or incite discord in the Australian community or in a segment of that community, or represent a danger to the Australian community or a segment of that community.

Obviously things have changed a little ----- a large portion of the origional settlers would not now be acceptable ---- nor, i suggest, would a large number of current TV posters !! :D

Thai Planning...

Polite Australian

Generous Yorkshireman

Caring Landlord

Thin American

Clever Irishman

P.S. Martin, I didn't know the sausage suckers sent naughty people to Australia also? Still it's better than keeping them in the cellar I suppose.

John.....

The oxymorons I liked were:-

Military Intelligence

French Resistance

and from the insurance world:-

Scottish Amicable

Liverpool Friendly