Split the "expat community" forum?

george

On another subject, it appears people are getting increasingly confused about the fact there is the Bangkok Expats Club and the Bangkok Edxpats Association, with the head of the other giving sometimes sharp responses to confused inquirers.  Would it be a good idea to make 2 separate threads? -- one for his (Bangkok Expats Club) and one for ours (Bangkok Expats Assocaition).

I have no idea what the difficulties are in doing this, and if they take more than a few moments of your time, please forget the inquiry, by all means.

Without regard to your decision regarding that, I do want to let you know how deeply we at The Bangkok Expats Association appreciate your support over there at www.Tahivisa.com.

Sincerely,

Kurt Francis

Edit: This off topic post moved to here from discussion about webradio.

At first I thought this was such a ridiculous saga that unfolded - two expat 'organisations' (note my use of a neutral word). But then I thought - hang on, healthy competition. Could only be good for everyone. Only problem now is to decide which one to join!

How about changing one of the names to SFA (Siam Farang Association).

:o

To Senior members...

Thanks for ideas.

Since I am the guy who started the whole thing out, what would you two "seniors" suggest me (us) to do. I started the ORIGINAL Bangkoks Expats' CLUB at the "Office" location. I left for some personal reason and for reasons provided by our present members of the Bangkok Expats' CLUB.

I moved Bangkok Expats' Club to our present location at the SUBWAY / COFFEE WORLD. The "Association" (which they are not legally, association I mean) is a 100 percent COPYCAT of the Bangkok Expats' Club. Without me, the people presently putting negative things on me on this forum, would NEVER, and I mean NEVER have had the ability to open up a club of their own... I taught these people everything, all their ideas are MY ideas they have copied.

So who should change name? The Bangkok Expats Club, which runs the original concept, (in Bangkok)  or the COPYCAT Association?

And again, not to forget.. the concept of the Bangkok Expats' Club comes from Pattaya, and I have dutifully recognized this, and in my newsletters, on my Blog and on this forum, always given Pattaya Expats Club my full recognition, including that of Pete Mills, the original "idea originator" of this whole "expats helping expats" club concept (and I doubt any of the people of the "Association" have ever heard about Pete Mills)

Joern

ExpatsClub

Bangkok Expats' Club

Bangkok Expats' Business Club

I started the ORIGINAL Bangkoks Expats' CLUB at the "Office" location. I left for some personal reason and for reasons provided by our present members.

I've read your post twice and I'm still confused. I distrust breakaway outfits..they are usually run by misfits. Why not include 'breakway' in your name so everyone knows where he stands.

I moved Bangkok Expats' Club to our present location at the SUBWAY / COFFEE WORLD. The "Association" (which they are not legally, association I mean) is a 100 percent COPYCAT of the Bangkok Expats' Club. Without me, the people presently putting negative things on me on this forum, would NEVER, and I mean NEVER have had the ability to open up a club of their own...

This is the bit I don't understand. By the looks of it there are two outfits, with similar names. You left because of a difference of opinion, and I assume took some members with you...right? At the very least you seem unhappy about people in the association, the other outfit, even though you say they copied your idea.

Michael Rentoul

Let me make this clearer:

I am NOT UNHAPPY about the association for one minute. They have exactly the same right as anybody else to open up a club/association, and call it whatever they like. I wish them well, why is it that everybody seem to think that I "hate" these guys...I don't... and I don't have any problem with them whatsoever. This is a past thing, why continue to post on this, get on with the life and work.

But I AM NOT HAPPY that the people representing the Association continue to post negatively about me and the Bangkok Expats' Club, because they have no reason to. I taught them everything they know. They should appreciate that.

So please, could we end these discussions. I have posted a note about all expats clubs in Thailand. Go take a look at each club in each city, join what club you like, but stop making all these comments which just create more confusion.

Joern

Bangkok Expats' Club

Bangkok Expats' Business club

Thank-you for your post. I think a little confusion on or part can be forgiven..we have two associations popping up here at the same time, with similar names.

And the distinction you make here:

I am NOT UNHAPPY about the association for one minute. They have exactly the same right as anybody else to open up a club/association, and call it whatever they like. But I AM NOT HAPPY that the people representing the Association continue to post negatively about me

...was lost on me. You gave me the clear impression that you were not happy about the association. If I'm wrong, please forgive me. Let normal hostilities - oops, relations - resume.

Michael

Everything okay ...(no hurt feelings from my side)

Can we be friends now...

Try to help George (fester, Dr. PatPong, etc) make www.thaivisa.com a great website, where everybody can post their opinion and questions in a polite and mature way. And hopefully get some great, helpful, positive answers too.

Joern

Bangkok Expats Club

I would like to announce that I am President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurers, Medical Officer and Chief Bottle Washer of the newly formed "Can't We All Get Along in Bangkok Club," (CWAGABC) not to be confused with a new organization which will start tomorrow called the "Can't We All Get Along in Bangkok Association" (CWAGABA).

Our meetings will be held Thursdays at 1 a.m. in the basement of the UBCII Building on Sukhumvit Soi 33 while the CWAGABA will be meeting Thursdays at 1:03 a.m. in the first floor Mens Toilet of the UBC II Building.

Sorry to be tongue in both cheeks but this is starting to get ridiculous. I attend both groups because I want to get to know people in Bangkok and socialize while also getting some useful information. There are some nice people at both meetings.

Enough already with the hostility. I am soon going to charge you all double for therapy!    :o