Stoke City Fc .... The Potters 1863

technocracy

Ahhhhhhhhhh I think panic over . . I've just flick around to see that Ch110 is the Arsenal Club channel . . . and that ain't listed in there Schedule so that must be where it is!

Better bloody be anyway or I'll just have to make do with watching the blarting around the country! :D:)

Edited by technocracy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's been nearly 2 months since I last posted on this thread! :)

Anyway - a nice opener for the season with Burrrrrrrrrnley at the Brit.

On the transfer gossip front:

Crouch is currently doing the rounds

Ashton is a definate bid made

Mbia pissed us about as he did Everton then fuc_ked off to Marseilles (however it's spelt) then promptly told them he'll only be there for 1 year!

Cisse was an almost

Other whispers include - Dean Whitehead (why?), Aruna Dindane (yes please!), Benjani (no thanks!), Beye (yes please) and Ledley is still being mentioned (not for the money being mentioned - thank you!)

So MSingh have you heard anything more about the Ashton saga - apparently he's had to have 2 medicals but we ain't heard much else . .

• 1 month later...

and so Fortress Britannia continues to rule . . . :D

Burnley look like that could be in for a long old season if they don't sort out that defence! With a touch more luck we could of had 4 or 5.

They certainly gave it a go in the 2nd half as we sat back and countered but didn't even force anything more than a routine save from Sorensen.

Ever onwards and looking forward to Liverpool on Wednesday . . . wonder if we'll get our usual point :)

well done stoke, you showed us how inexperienced our defence was and kept your exelent home record, i think probably the toughest opener we could have had.

good luck for the season

www.claretsinthailand.com

Mbia pissed us about as he did Everton then fuc_ked off to Marseilles (however it's spelt) then promptly told them he'll only be there for 1 year!

Cisse was an almost

Other whispers include - Dean Whitehead (why?), Aruna Dindane (yes please!), Benjani (no thanks!), Beye (yes please) and Ledley is still being mentioned (not for the money being mentioned - thank you!)

So MSingh have you heard anything more about the Ashton saga - apparently he's had to have 2 medicals but we ain't heard much else . .

Sorry Tech, only juist seen this Mate..

I said about Ashton in the West Ham Thread, apparently he failed or didn't even have a Medical because of how so badly out of shape he currently is..

Word is that Zola was absolutely fuming & could not work at all what him & the personal Trainer had been doing since March/April & then throughout the Summer Months as he actually was fit back in April but Zola wanted him to get right with a Personaly Trainer then come back for a strong Pre Season, he went the other way, Zola wants to get rid because of it & Ashton can't even pass Medical's because of hos drastically out of shape he actually is..

That would kind of all make sense to me..

Cisse was an almost

I said about Ashton in the West Ham Thread, apparently he failed or didn't even have a Medical because of how so badly out of shape he currently is..

Word is that Zola was absolutely fuming & could not work at all what him & the personal Trainer had been doing since March/April & then throughout the Summer Months as he actually was fit back in April but Zola wanted him to get right with a Personaly Trainer then come back for a strong Pre Season, he went the other way, Zola wants to get rid because of it & Ashton can't even pass Medical's because of hos drastically out of shape he actually is..

Singer, I was reading (yes, consider the source) the Zola is ready to walk because of your board?

Singh . . me ole'china . . .all sounds pretty plausible and ties in with the bits of gossip doing the rounds. :D What is being reported now is the other delay is agreeing personal terms basically he wants more money than we'll give him! :)

Alant . . yeah you boys really need sort out that defence and sharpish or it's gonna be a very long season! You need a solid prem experienced organiser in there and also you were really pushing the lucky with the high offside trap as well. It'd be absolute suicide to play those kind of tactics against Manure on Wed even at home!

I reckon as long as he's fit I think Owen will start against you boys and be playing off the last man . . . as TP said in the post man interviews you've gotta take the punches on the chin and get on with it. Last season we got written off by everyman and his dog even with Paddy tosser paying out on bets of us being relegated after our first game and 3-1 defeat at Bolton. You WILL get a thrashing here and there but I hope your boys put up a decent fight and stay up, hopefully condemning Brum, Dingles and Dull to the drop! :D

Also after Sat I now see why TP wanted Whitehead - he just doesn't stop working! A 100% grafter with a fair bit of skill to go with it, fits in with our work ethic nicely. :D

Edited by technocracy

Cisse was an almost

Singer, I was reading (yes, consider the source) the Zola is ready to walk because of your board?

Yeah i was reading last Year that Man City were gonna sign Kaka but that was never gonna happen..

Zola might go, he might not, if he does i wouldn't necessarily blame him to be honest as we're in a horrifc state & need to be bought out by someone with ambition to turn us into a competetive Football Club or we'll be in League 1 within 3 Years..

Anyway, Stokies, it seems one of my favourite Players is heading to the Brit, James Collins, <deleted> fantastic Defender & i'll be a bit gutted if he goes but trust me, he is in my opinion a superb Defender & will only get better too..

Looks like 5m & money well spent for Stoke..

Only minus to him is that he is possibly a bit Injury prone..

Well last night wasn't how the script was supposed to play out!!!

But then again I think we got a bit of a backlash from the Scouser after there beating at the weekend and probably some payback for last season! :D

Good to see Burnley win - I said from the start Burnley will be a tough place for any teams to visit.

As for Shawcross, TP has gone on the record saying he is under no pressure to sell him and Shawcross himself has said as long as TP wants him at Stoke he will be at Stoke. With all the rumours of offers being made Peter Coates (Stoke owner/chairman) said in the local Stoke rag that he's received no bids.

Although apparent one thing TP has said that is in Shawcross contract was that if he is sold Man U have first refusal if the match the offered amount. So even if Liverpool offered 8 million - Man U could offer 8 million and have first refusal.

He'll be playing for England sometime soon - that I am very certain - however he is far from the finished article and one of the main reasons why he currently looks as assured as he does is that he is playing along side Abdy Faye.

Even if we signed Collins I would just consider him as better competition for the places as at the moment the only competition is Cort and Sonko are nowhere near Premier League quality. If we do end up signing Collins I'd highly expect Cort to be leaving.

Well after the beating last night we need to put our winning head back on and thrash Brum on Saturday - I highly expect a very volatile atmosphere at that game as there is a long history of bad blood between us. I won't be surprised if the game hits the headlines for all the wrong reasons! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well a dull bore draw with Brum and a nice 1-0 victory over the mackems and we're 5th in the table and ticking over nicely (sorry to annoy all you haters)! :D

Even better we've signed Tuncay (! :D ), Huth, Arismendi (a hard nut 21 year old midfielder Uraguayan whose nickname is the Destroyer!) and this morning Danny Collins (another ex-mackem!).

There is still rumours we have another 1 or 2 to go - possible Zigic from Valencia - a 6ft 7in serbian striker . . . just imagine Rory Delap and a 6ft 7in striker. . . . :) If that one goes through I can see many a defender visiting the Fortress Britannia shitting themselves!! :D

Dull seem to be trying there best to sign the worst crock of crap signings they possibly can whilst selling off the family heirloom to the Mackems. If they are bang on odds to go down I don't know who is!

Talking of favourites for the drop - I see Burnley STILL haven't signed anyone of note and after the showing against Chelsea I can see their season might be a very long one!

Brum where quite possibly the worst team we've played in our short time in the premier league and I have to say we should of beat them and quite comfortably with it. But we seem to just have a very off day with nothing falling for us . . . ahh well at least we didn't lose.

:D

Stoke City = <deleted> football ... however, they will stay up.

It's become a retirement home for ex-Sunderland players. Please come back in January and sign Daryl Murphy and Nyron Nosworthy. They're really class!!

Bitter . . . I think so.

The fact is and the one you can't accept not only did we beat you but we beat you with relative ease, also we didn't just beat you with long balls we constantly out passed and played you. We didn't have 67% possession in the 2nd half by punting the ball long.

The point most mackems seem to be highly bitter about is that the ex-mackem players are performing to at a better level than any mackem boss got from them. I look forward to seeing you player of the past two seasons in a Stoke shirt and see how he performs with a decent manager.

Nice move palming off Sonko to Hull for a year !!!

I've just got up and read this!!!!!! :):D :D Unreal! Dull are on the high speed elevator to the Fizzy pop league!!! Sell Turner get Sonko on loan!! We now have two Stoke agents assisting in there decline - the utter toss and we are still in shock that they paid us 3 mill for him Olofinjana and now Sonko! :D

It's become a retirement home for ex-Sunderland players. Please come back in January and sign Daryl Murphy and Nyron Nosworthy. They're really class!!

i've been having this argument with a liverpool fan at work who insists stoke don't deserve to stay up because of the style of football we play.

The point of the game is to score points - which makes quite a few teams shiter than us at the moment!

I think if the big clubs have their way, it would be more like figure-skating and we'd all get scores out of 10 for how poncy we can play football. Anyway, that might suit the suits supporting the big four...

i've been having this argument with a liverpool fan at work who insists stoke don't deserve to stay up because of the style of football we play.

The point of the game is to score points - which makes quite a few teams shiter than us at the moment!

I think if the big clubs have their way, it would be more like figure-skating and we'd all get scores out of 10 for how poncy we can play football. Anyway, that might suit the suits supporting the big four...

In short fuc_k'em! It's all jealousy regardless of who it comes from - basically no one likes to play us especially at the Brit as they know they are going to be in for a hard game unlike many others who have been promoted all to often just roll over. I REALLY cannot wait for the Chelsea game. They are gonna be in for a shock last season at the Brit we didn't have Rory - sure we had him at Stamford Bridge and even then Terry and Cech were all over the place with the throws. Then throw Tuncay into the mix who'll hopefully play although giving his WC Qualifier exploits I think it might be from the sub bench.

We really owe Chelski one after THAT loss last season - I ain't been so depressed after a game of footie for a long time!! :)

Also I have to it is really good to Kitson actually producing the kind of form we were expecting from him last season! I was a big critic last season and as I said on this thread I was hoping Reading got promoted and he left permanently - however now his off field problems (whatever they of been) seem to be resolved and he is putting in a Stoke City style of shift on the field he is turning in the player I hoped he would be, his performance against the Mackems was fantastic not just for the goal but for the work rate and intelligent short passes and off the ball movement. This season he seems to be genuinely enjoying himself at the Britannia and playing for Stoke which makes a huge difference to last season where he just seemed to be sulking and generally arguing with team mates.

He even apparently refused to sign some player cards at training the other days as the pictures had him in a Reading kit - which is a stark difference to last season to say the least!!

I also have to mention Arismendi a 21 year old Uraguian International who is ball playing defensive midfield enforcer that we've signed from Nacional - a signing that came from completely left field. He certainly seems to have the pedigree and attributes (and yellow cards tally!) to playing in the english league will be interesting to see how he develops and how much time he get on the field.

Roll on Sat'dee! This weekend dragged by without proper footie! :D

In short fuc_k'em! It's all jealousy regardless of who it comes from - basically no one likes to play us especially at the Brit as they know they are going to be in for a hard game unlike many others who have been promoted all to often just roll over. I REALLY cannot wait for the Chelsea game. They are gonna be in for a shock last season at the Brit we didn't have Rory - sure we had him at Stamford Bridge and even then Terry and Cech were all over the place with the throws. Then throw Tuncay into the mix who'll hopefully play although giving his WC Qualifier exploits I think it might be from the sub bench.

We really owe Chelski one after THAT loss last season - I ain't been so depressed after a game of footie for a long time!! :)

Also I have to it is really good to Kitson actually producing the kind of form we were expecting from him last season! I was a big critic last season and as I said on this thread I was hoping Reading got promoted and he left permanently - however now his off field problems (whatever they of been) seem to be resolved and he is putting in a Stoke City style of shift on the field he is turning in the player I hoped he would be, his performance against the Mackems was fantastic not just for the goal but for the work rate and intelligent short passes and off the ball movement. This season he seems to be genuinely enjoying himself at the Britannia and playing for Stoke which makes a huge difference to last season where he just seemed to be sulking and generally arguing with team mates.

He even apparently refused to sign some player cards at training the other days as the pictures had him in a Reading kit - which is a stark difference to last season to say the least!!

I also have to mention Arismendi a 21 year old Uraguian International who is ball playing defensive midfield enforcer that we've signed from Nacional - a signing that came from completely left field. He certainly seems to have the pedigree and attributes (and yellow cards tally!) to playing in the english league will be interesting to see how he develops and how much time he get on the field.

Why is it that Blunderland fans are very childish.My Blunder mate wouldnt speak to me for 3 days after we comfortably beat them,and he was mardaresing about us buying their players too.He is always harping on about pushing on and challenging the Spurs,Villas of the league,and with the money they have spent in the last 2 seasons they bloody well should be but a crap manager in Keane knackered them for a couple of seasons.Grow up Blunderland and except we have the better squad of players,y i man

Why is it that Blunderland fans are very childish.My Blunder mate wouldnt speak to me for 3 days after we comfortably beat them,and he was mardaresing about us buying their players too.He is always harping on about pushing on and challenging the Spurs,Villas of the league,and with the money they have spent in the last 2 seasons they bloody well should be but a crap manager in Keane knackered them for a couple of seasons.Grow up Blunderland and except we have the better squad of players,y i man

'Gan' back to school, bonny lad! :D