Stoke City Fc .... The Potters 1863

technocracy

Just a quick update for any Potters fans (and 'Ull) much to my surprise we are on live tonight on TrueSport 3 - not on one of the Extra channels. So very happy as we don't get TrueSport 5, Extra 1 & 2 on Lao Digital TV just 1, 2 & 3. We obviously have moved up their ranking as they've put us on 3 and Villa v Fulham on 5!

The others are Wigwam v Tesco Bags (Extra 1) & Scumderland v Bolton (Extra 2).

Obviously I meant tomorrow! For some reason I've been thinking it's Saturday all morning so far! :o

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry TP, they didn't put out the reserve team they had 6 first team regulars in the side.

Must admit I thought, along with several other Rams fans that Stoke would give us a belting, especially in light of our last 3 away games.

Came as a pleasent surprise to find that the Rub of the green had gone our way...............Still would have swapped it all for the 3 points against Forest.

Anyway all the best for the remainder of the season, and hopefully you'll manage to do what we didn't, stay up!

Cheers

MickMac

<deleted> the League Cup, it's getting something at St James on Saturday that is most important for the Stokies..

This is true. However a bit of silverware in the cabinet wouldn't of gone a miss! :D

I have concerns over the Newcastle game I have to say I hope we come out of our shell we seem to have retreated in for the past few games. But then again both Tesco Bags and Dull came purely to frustrate us and try get away with a point - so hopefully after this defeat we'll go to SJP with an attacking intent . . . I can but hope!! :o

<deleted> the League Cup, it's getting something at St James on Saturday that is most important for the Stokies..

This is true. However a bit of silverware in the cabinet wouldn't of gone a miss! :D

I have concerns over the Newcastle game I have to say I hope we come out of our shell we seem to have retreated in for the past few games. But then again both Tesco Bags and Dull came purely to frustrate us and try get away with a point - so hopefully after this defeat we'll go to SJP with an attacking intent . . . I can but hope!! :o

It's that Away form that you MUST improve on if you're gonna stay up Mate & it's Teams like Newcastle where you should be looking to pick up some points ( 3 ) in the 15 or so you'll need, Away from Home, to stay up... :D

you are dead right singh,we have to pick up at least 3 away wins this season,because we cannot keep winning our home matches,even liverpool dont do that.

good result for derby county,well done lads and hope you get to the final.great that arsenal lost,hate that bunch of scutterbugs.With the naary fixtures coming up,bloody scary,stoke have to pick up some points in dec.

have a good day stokies,and m singh

goarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn stoke

have a good day stokies,and m singh

goarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn stoke

Cheers Paklang but i'm an absolute Nightmare to be around at the moment becuase we have the Sp*ds up next & then Chelsea next week & they'r enormally pretty " delicate " Games for us Hammers... :o

Hope you at at SJP on Saturday..

Well that was certainly an 'interesting' game!

Had to give them a 2 goal lead to wake us up!

But we certainly went for it in the 2nd half and got a thoroughly deserved point . .. . we should never have conceded the 2 goals in the first place Sonko was complete asleep for both.

Fulham at the Brit next . . . 3 points certainly there for the taking given there shocking away form.

I have a feeling a draw in on the cards for the Wet Sham and Spuds boys . . . :o

Had a good friend who was a Wet Sham fan - even attended a few games down there when I lived in London (2003 I think) - the highlight of course being against Stoke when it was Gerry Taggarts debut which we promptly won 0-1! :D :D

Well that was certainly an 'interesting' game!

Had to give them a 2 goal lead to wake us up!

But we certainly went for it in the 2nd half and got a thoroughly deserved point . .. . we should never have conceded the 2 goals in the first place Sonko was complete asleep for both.

Fulham at the Brit next . . . 3 points certainly there for the taking given there shocking away form.

I have a feeling a draw in on the cards for the Wet Sham and Spuds boys . . . :D

Had a good friend who was a Wet Sham fan - even attended a few games down there when I lived in London (2003 I think) - the highlight of course being against Stoke when it was Gerry Taggarts debut which we promptly won 0-1! :D:D

I remember it well, we made Adi Akinbiye look like a World Beater that night & it was <deleted> freezing... :o

my best memory was when we were 3-0 down at west ham and bloody well won 4-3.you had sir bobby moore r.ip. amazing player,and geoff hurst and martin peters.got a bit of a kicking by a few morons in claret,cant for the life remember which club it was lol.wish i has a hammer though.

• 4 weeks later...
Word on the street in my neck of the Woods is that a certain Mr Etherington is on his way up the M1 to the Potteries within the next couple of days... :D

Do you reckon so?? Anymore news?!?!? A pacey left sided winger certainly wouldn't go a miss - even with his gambling debts! :D

I kind of forgot about this thread! :o

Whatever happens we need to get some extra depth in the squad sharpish to put a stop on the downward turn we've taken over the past few games. Name against Blackburn, West Ham and the embarassment at Hartlepool!

We need far more performances akin to the Manure game to get ourselves back up the table.

Edited by technocracy

Word on the street in my neck of the Woods is that a certain Mr Etherington is on his way up the M1 to the Potteries within the next couple of days... :D

Do you reckon so?? Anymore news?!?!? A pacey left sided winger certainly wouldn't go a miss - even with his gambling debts! :D

Whatever happens we need to get some extra depth in the squad sharpish to put a stop on the downward turn we've taken over the past few games. Name against Blackburn, West Ham and the embarassment at Hartlepool!

We need far more performances akin to the Manure game to get ourselves back up the table.

Haven't heard any more Mate but he is fit again & was on the Bench against Barnsley on Saturday..

Would be one of the Players that we would certainly sell if there is any truth to it, & not for bundles of $$ either..

Haven't heard any more Mate but he is fit again & was on the Bench against Barnsley on Saturday..

Would be one of the Players that we would certainly sell if there is any truth to it, & not for bundles of $$ either..

Well this looks like it's true as apparently he was at the Britannia yesterday having a medical and agree terms - rumoured to have signed a 3 year deal. :D

Amongst other rumours yesterday we are supposedly signing Harewood, Ledley (Cardiff) and Owusu-Abeyie who was on loan at Brum from Spartak Moscow. . . . I can believe Harewood and Owusu-Abeyie but Ledley the kind of money being mentioned is silly (7.5m!)

:D

Well this looks like it's true as apparently he was at the Britannia yesterday having a medical and agree terms - rumoured to have signed a 3 year deal. :D

Amongst other rumours yesterday we are supposedly signing Harewood, Ledley (Cardiff) and Owusu-Abeyie who was on loan at Brum from Spartak Moscow. . . . I can believe Harewood and Owusu-Abeyie but Ledley the kind of money being mentioned is silly (7.5m!)

:wai:

Ah well if that's the case, the most important question is, is MSingh Thai Visa's Football Forum ITK ( In the Know ) ?? :P

Harewood apparently seems like another one heading your way, pretty much a dead cert from what my " Sources " understand... :D

Done deal Stokies... :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7814510.stm

Etherington completes Stoke move

Stoke City have signed winger Matthew Etherington from West Ham United for a fee of £2m.

The 27-year-old, who joined the Hammers from Tottenham Hotspur in 2003, has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal at the Britannia Stadium.

He told BBC Radio Stoke: "I think there was some interest in the summer but nothing came of it. "I had a few conversations with Tony Pulis and he was brilliant. He made me realise this was the right move."

Good signing in my opinion and judging from Stoke forums most other Stokies think similar.

Hopefully we can get him back to his best - getting out of London can only help him when it comes to his gambling problem.

We've been crying out for a left winger for god knows how long!

Suddenly looking forward to the visit of the scousers this weekend - even more so if Kitson and Lawrence start!!! :o

Good signing in my opinion and judging from Stoke forums most other Stokies think similar.

Hopefully we can get him back to his best - getting out of London can only help him when it comes to his gambling problem.

We've been crying out for a left winger for god knows how long!

Suddenly looking forward to the visit of the scousers this weekend - even more so if Kitson and Lawrence start!!! :o

He's alright, nothing more than that cos he's troo inconsistent..

But when he does play well, West Ham generally played well..

Very inconsistent though & be prepared to get very infuriated at him pulling out/bottling out of Tackles regulary..

looks like kitson is ready for a full game.lawrence should be back to start,dont know about griffin,diao,mam def out,cresswell back after 1 match suspension and of course etherington is with the mighty potters.

i bet ethers is sub and tony pullis picks cresswell wide,i can see this happening.

what's this all about? didn't make the mainstream media i don't think?

Police probe United vandals

7/ 1/2009

POLICE have launched an investigation after videos of Manchester United fans trashing parts of the Britannia Stadium in Stoke were posted on the internet.

Mobile phone footage shows United fans throwing rubbish bins and plastic bottles during the half time break of their match against Stoke City on Boxing Day.

Clips have been posted on the YouTube website and officials at Stoke City have downloaded the films and passed them to Staffordshire Police.

Some of the footage can be seen in our video player on the right. The film includes swearing and abusive chants by fans.

Stoke City also claim that around 100 seats were ripped out of the away section during the visit of 3,000 United fans for the match.

Stadium safety manager John Alcock said: "We were aware of the behaviour of a certain section of Manchester United fans during the match, but were not aware it had been posted on the internet.

"We tend to get quite a few supporters from different teams coming to the Britannia Stadium and damaging the facilities in the away end.

"The internet footage has been put on a CD and handed to police."

Superintendent Andy Franks, of Staffordshire Police, who was match commander for the Boxing Day fixture, said: "We will conduct a thorough investigation into the footage to try to identify those responsible for this disorder.

"It was limited to the section of the South Stand concourse area where Manchester United fans were housed."

Bryan Shaw, chairman of Stoke City Supporters' Club, said he was not surprised to hear of the trouble.

He said: "I saw a couple of skirmishes on the way to the ground but they were dealt with by police.

"It would be nice if United coughed up and paid for the damage, but I doubt they will.

"If Stoke did this kind of thing at Old Trafford and ripped up 100 seats we would be highlighted as being the biggest thugs in the country, but just like their football team, United fans get away with everything."

No-one at Manchester United or the Independent Manchester United Supporters' Association was available for comment.

Man Evening News

stretching a bit today stevie? game got you nervous?

nah, just surprised i'd not read that anywhere else.

that said, absolutely i'm nervous about stoke away, it's a classic banana skin. plus they drew with us at anfield so deserve respect.

stretching a bit today stevie? game got you nervous?

nah, just surprised i'd not read that anywhere else.

that said, absolutely i'm nervous about stoke away, it's a classic banana skin. plus they drew with us at anfield so deserve respect.

you have the late game i see, hate to say it but these have a habit of turning into 0-0 1-1 affairs