Ban On Entertainment Venues Near Schools

george

Ban on entertainment venues near schools

BANGKOK: -- The government is preparing to ban the opening of entertainment venues in the vicinity of schools, following His Majesty the King's recent expression of concern over the future of the nation's youths, Public Health Minister Sudarat Keyuraphan revealed today.

Mrs. Sudarat said that Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra had ordered the enforcement of strict controls on entertainment venues, which will be barred from opening up near schools and in shopping malls.

The public health minister has also ordered the Department of Medical Sciences to prepare equipment to measure decibel levels in entertainment venues, which will be directly linked to the nearest police station.

Targeted areas will include Ratchada Soi 4, where several entertainment venues are thought to be violating noise regulations.

His Majesty the King recently warned of the health risks posed by entertainment venues, saying that loud music was causing premature hearing problems among the nation's youths.

--TNA 2004-12-10

I wonder if this rule will be retroactive. I know a school that's walking distance from a brothel. And they plan to open a kindergarden right next door! I guess the ladies can earn extra income during the day, coming over to supervise the lil' tots. :/