Retirement visa

Advice please,  I have a retirement visa, which will need renewing  soon, my problem is that the money i need to deposit in my Thai bank account, will not arrive from the uk, until 14 days after the expirey date of my current visa. is it possible to obtain some sort of extension , say 30 days ,to allow the money to arrive , so it can be shown on the new visa application ...? Thanks ...

• 2 weeks later...
thanks dr_pat_pong, for the info, as the money will not arrive in Thailand in time for me to apply for my second retirement visa ,   as i am married to a Thai national could i apply for a non immigrant - O - visa, at the same immigration office that issued my last retirement visa , with out the need to show any money in a Thai bank,  Then when my money arrives ( with in 90 day's ) use the non immigrant visa to apply for a new one year retirement visa ...? , the only down side to this, if its possible is that some post's say the amount required to apply for a new retirement visa is going to be 400,000 Bt, ( i had 200,000 Bt when i last applied for my retirement visa ) but also some post's say that if you had a retirement visa befor then you will only have to show the same amount in a Thai bank as you did the last time you applied ?  so if i get a non immigrant - o- visa, then i break my record for the retirement visa, and have to star again with having to show the larger amount in a bank....?   Thanks ...

I would take wife and talk with the immigration folks and ask them what you can do.  They might be able to provide an under review extension, hold the paperwork, and then check your bank account after the funds are in it.  I assume you do have proof of income for the extra 600k required for retirement visa.  

I would ask now and if they say no consider if perhaps you can speed your funds transfer, even if it may cost you some interest or whatever.

thanks lopburi3, sorry but I am a bit slow on the up take, what do you mean when you say the extra 600k..?, when i applied for my last retirement visa, as iam married to a Thai I had to only show 200,000Bt in my Thai account and did not have to show any other income. ...Thanks ..

In that case I strongly suspect you have a support visa rather than a retirement visa.  And if that is the case I would just make a visa trip to Penang and obtain a new non immigrant visa and when it is down to less than 30 days apply again for the yearly extension (your money will be here by then).  But you could plead your case with immigration first.  Nothing lost if they tell you to get a new visa.

Advice please,  I have a retirement visa, which will need renewing  soon, my problem is that the money i need to deposit in my Thai bank account, will not arrive from the uk, until 14 days after the expirey date of my current visa. is it possible to obtain some sort of extension , say 30 days ,to allow the money to arrive , so it can be shown on the new visa application ...? Thanks ...

I belive you could have it temporary extended for 30 days while your funds is on the way. Prepare ALL other documents and apply one week before current extension expires, and tell the Immigration officer a fixed date for completion (bank certificate , copy of bank book). Should not be a problem at all!

Many thanks to all who replyed, lopburi3, you said I may have a support visa and not a retirement visa, the stamp in my passport just say's I have to report every 90 days to immigration ,and it does not say any where the word "retirement." can you please explain to me the differences in a retirement visa and   a support visa...? Thanks...

Support only requires 200k to 250k in a bank account.  Retirement would require 800k (or retirement income of that amount).  Support is dependent on wife's good will and probably signing paperwork at immigration and if she dies or marriage ends the visa will not be renewed.  Retirement could be renewed and is not dependent on others.  Support will allow you to obtain a work permit if you want to work.  Retirement you can not work.  Support does not require medical certificate or income verification paper from your Embassy.  Retirement normally does.

In sum less money in the bank for support; which would be a factor down the road if you need to spend for emergency or something, and can be used for work.  Retirement is more immediate (no wait if you have the money in the bank) and is not dependent on others.