Tourists Urged To Follow National Parks' Rules

george

Tourists urged to strictly follow national parks' regulations

BANGKOK: -- Visitors of high-land national parks and recreation sites are advised to strictly follow official notices and regulations during the winter for the sake of their safety.

The chief of Khao Yai National Park, Prawat Voharndee, told TNA that a large number of tourists visit Khao Yai National Park, Phu Kra Dueng, Doi Inthanon and other high-land national parks and recreation sites during the winter to have their own touches of the charms of nature and frozen temperatures.

Most of the 'winter revellers' opt to make camping and stay in tents in the open cool air.

Mr. Prawat suggested that the tourists strictly follow official notices and regulations in warming themselves in the tents for the sake of their own safety.

"If they want to use any forms of heaters in the tents, they should seek advice from officials first to avoid fires and other undesirable incidents detrimental to their lives and assets", the senior official warned.

--TNA 2004-12-10

If they want to use any forms of heaters in the tents, they should seek advice from officials first to avoid fires and other undesirable incidents detrimental to their lives and assets", the senior official warned.

Seeking advice from officials that sounds like a joke!

And the most important national park rule..... throw your garbage out of the right side of the vehicle, so as to have a uniform band of rubbish strewn along each side of the road.

cv

Or alternatively, throw the same amount of rubbish on your way out as you see the Thais throwing on your way in :D

Or should you throw 10 times as much since you'll be paying 10 times as much to get in :o

Is this advice intended for the farang or Thai tourist?

I suspect farangs show a great deal more respect for the park, than the locals!!

We take our rubbish home.

I think we're being very unfair to Thai people here. Clearly, the original post is aimed at farang tourists as it explains to them the importance of keeping warm in the cold season. Thais already know how to do this - they wait until dusk and burn all their rubbish.

I think we're being very unfair to Thai people here. Clearly, the original post is aimed at farang tourists as it explains to them the importance of keeping warm in the cold season.

I disagree.

Most farangs come from cold climates.

If they plan on sleeping out they will be much better trained and prepared

than their Thai cousins.

BANGKOK: --  Visitors of high-land national parks and recreation sites are advised to strictly follow official notices and regulations during the winter for the sake of their safety.

...as opposed to the remainder of the year when it's perfectly fine not to follow any of the official notices and regulations? :o

I think we're being very unfair to Thai people here. Clearly, the original post is aimed at farang tourists as it explains to them the importance of keeping warm in the cold season.

I disagree.

Most farangs come from cold climates.

If they plan on sleeping out they will be much better trained and prepared

than their Thai cousins.

Sorry, mate, it was supposed to be a joke - the bit about "burning their rubbish"? :o

And the most important national park rule..... throw your garbage out of the right side of the vehicle, so as to have a uniform band of rubbish strewn along each side of the road.

cv

:D:D:D

Now very confussted by your post !!!!!!! :D

May one ask, which side of the road that you drive on “the correct side or the right side of the road” :o

We drive on the Correct Side in Thailand = Left Hand Side, so should we all take your advice the garbage would be, me think, in the middle of the road and not on the side of the road. :D

Tourists urged to strictly follow national parks' regulations 

tourists visit  Phu Kra Dueng national park during the winter.

Most of the 'winter revellers' opt to make camping and stay in tents in the open cool air.

Mr. Prawat suggested that the tourists strictly follow official notices and regulations in warming themselves in the tents for the sake of their own safety.

Will be going there next week and will be using the ever-trusty-nud_e-body-to- body heat-in-the-sleeping bag-within-a-tent method to stay warm. Purely for safety sake, mind you, just as Mr. Prawat suggested.

Is this advice intended for the farang or Thai tourist?

I suspect farangs show a great deal more respect for the park, than the locals!!

We take our rubbish home.

I think we're being very unfair to Thai people here. Clearly, the original post is aimed at farang tourists as it explains to them the importance of keeping warm in the cold season. Thais already know how to do this - they wait until dusk and burn all their rubbish.

Dear Guests, I realise some stress relief is occassionally necessary but this sneering colonial vitriol is just what upsets your hosts. Thailand along with most developing nations has a lot to learn and a short time in which to learn it and as the Thais say if its so bad why dont you go home?

Or as my girlfriend so quaintly puts it-"Why dont you put food in your mouth,instead of a gun?'

It's not "sneering colonial vitriol" - it's a joke :D . Besides, whenever was Thailand colonised?

If you get upset so quickly, please don't read too many other topics in this section :D

Correct Thailand was not colonised in the 19th century but take a look at Koh Falang today and the patronising attitudes of many of the "jokers" on this site from the comfort of the condo verandah and the chilled beer. This image is grist to Mr Thaksins overworked mill....

:o

It's not "sneering colonial vitriol" - it's a joke :D . Besides, whenever was Thailand colonised?

If you get upset so quickly, please don't read too many other topics in this section :D

Correct Thailand was not colonised in the 19th century but take a look at Koh Falang today and the patronising attitudes of many of the "jokers" on this site from the comfort of the condo verandah and the chilled beer. This image is grist to Mr Thaksins overworked mill....

:o

Sorry, don't know where Koh Falang is :D But I've been to Pak Chong several times, Pak Chong. It's just before Nakhon Ratchasima on the road from bkk. Is that place special to you - why you chose it for your nick?