Buriram Get Together...

Thai Chi

After the recent impromptu, but successful meet up of Thai Visa members at the Bamboo Bar in Buriram, it has been decided to hold another get together.

The idea is to hold these get togethers on a regular basis at various venues around Buriram. All and anybody is welcome :D

The frequency of these get togethers will be discussed at the upcoming one. Not a club or a "clicky" group, just a few people getting together to chew the fat and have a couple of quite beers :o

At the last get together there were guys from Surin / Satuk / Huariat / Buriram in attendance.

Please come and meet some friendly people :D

This time the place will be the Bamboo Bar (for those that dont know where that is pls PM me) just to make it easy. On Monday 24 November starting at 1200 hrs.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea and I support your initiative.

I will be in BKK this week-end but am not planning a trip to Issan.

The credit crunch will probably result in my present contract in Sg being terminated at the end of this year and I hope to be unemployed in Buriram for a few months in the New Year. so I should be able to make one of these get-togethers soon enough.

Have a good one,

Londo

Hi

I will 'come on down' again and If TMWG wants a lift he'd better PM me (unless he wants to do a round trip and go from Satuk to Surin then onto Buriram).

The last months meeting was very enjoyable and its always gr8 to meet fellow Aliens :D:o

Dave the Dude (& Colin the Dude visiting from UK)

Edited by Dave the Dude

Great idea and I support your initiative.

I will be in BKK this week-end but am not planning a trip to Issan.

The credit crunch will probably result in my present contract in Sg being terminated at the end of this year and I hope to be unemployed in Buriram for a few months in the New Year. so I should be able to make one of these get-togethers soon enough.

Have a good one,

Londo

Sorry you will miss this one Londo. No problems, I (or someone) will post any details of the next gathering when the date venue and time can be agreed on :o

Not much wrong with being unemployed in Buriram for a few months :D I could think of worse situations to be in :D

Hi

I will 'come on down' again and If TMWG wants a lift he'd better PM me (unless he wants to do a round trip and go from Satuk to Surin then onto Buriram).

The last months meeting was very enjoyable and its always gr8 to meet fellow Aliens :D:D

It will be a pleasure to catch up again DTD / Dave #1, That Tall Bloke With Glasses :D looks like he will attend :D And thank God your friends name is Colin not Dave :o

Hi

The last months meeting was very enjoyable and its always gr8 to meet fellow Aliens :D:D

It will be a pleasure to catch up again DTD / Dave #1, That Tall Bloke With Glasses :D looks like he will attend :D And thank God your friends name is Colin not Dave :o

Count me in for the Buriram Dave Convention!

TBWG aka Dave #2

It will be a pleasure to catch up again DTD / Dave #1, And thank God your friends name is Colin not Dave :o

What I forgot to tell you is his name is actually Rodney, so we call him Dave Trotter :D:D:D

No.1 (sounds like The Prisoner)

Edited by Dave the Dude

:D will be good to see The Dude again and others who i have maybe seen but not spoken with.

Monday it is :D

Yes binnsy, it should be intresting...couple of people coming that I have spoken to on Thai Visa for more than a couple of years...but never met :o

But then again, have maybe seen them around the area and said hello, without realizing...who that was :D

It will be a pleasure to catch up again DTD / Dave #1, And thank God your friends name is Colin not Dave :o

What I forgot to tell you is his name is actually Rodney, so we call him Dave Trotter :D:D:D

Not being from the Mother country Dave...you may have to explain that one to me....I know you guys have a lot of slang language...and I can normally sort it out...but Rodney / Dave Trotter :(:D

No.1 (sounds like The Prisoner) One of the best Aussie Exports back to the Home Country.....................................NOT :D

Not being from the Mother country Dave...you may have to explain that one to me....I know you guys have a lot of slang language...and I can normally sort it out...but Rodney / Dave Trotter :(:D

Sorry mate, it from an English classic Tv prog called Only Fools and Horses. You need to see it, plonker

No.1 (sounds like The Prisoner) One of the best Aussie Exports back to the Home Country.....................................NOT :D

And I thought it was filmed in Wales???? not that other sheep sh*gging place

Well the second Buriram get together was a hit :D

About 15 in attendance with another couple of people flitering in and out.

We where well looked after by the very friendly staff at the Bamboo Bar. I heard no complaints about the food / service / cost etc etc.

I am pretty sure nobody had their bin padded :o

It was great to put a face to a couple of names at last :D

Good company and lively chatting soon saw the clock to 4 pm and few had to leave. About half of us continued on to Paddys Irish bar. (wish i hadnt) for another couple of hours.

It has been suggested to hold the next on in Surin sometime after Xmas. I am sure more info will be posted about that at alater date.

Many thanks for all those that turned up. And if you did miss it, try for the next one if you want a very pleasnt afternoon in good company :D

Edited by Thai Chi

It has been suggested to hold the next on in Surin sometime after Xmas. I am sure more info will be posted about that at alater date.

Many thanks for all those that turned up. And if you did miss it, try for the next one if you want a very pleasnt afternoon in good company :o

Hi Dave's

It was mentioned that Nobby's German bar might be an idea as a few hav'nt tried it. Parking is good, its in Soi Kola Entertainment Street next to the Thong Tarin Hotel. European/German food is available and good German bottled/draft beer is also avialable.

Early January would suit me better and I look forward to meeting up.

Dave

Many thanks for all those that turned up. And if you did miss it, try for the next one if you want a very pleasnt afternoon in good company :o

Hi Dave's

It was mentioned that Nobby's German bar might be an idea as a few hav'nt tried it. Parking is good, its in Soi Kola Entertainment Street next to the Thong Tarin Hotel. European/German food is available and good German bottled/draft beer is also avialable.

Early January would suit me better and I look forward to meeting up.

Dave

A lunchtime booze up is not everyones cup of tea. As well as changing the venues how about staggering the times also. Late afternoon/early evening might see more turn out.

Nick

A lunchtime booze up is not everyones cup of tea. As well as changing the venues how about staggering the times also. Late afternoon/early evening might see more turn out.

Nick

Hi

I have no problem with that idea Nick but some (not me BTW) might like to travel in daylight especially when the next gathering of BuriramExpats (Website of same name BTW) is in Surin.

Dave

It was great to meet up on Monday, a good laugh for sure.

Meeting in Buriram is easy as I live just a few km out of town but for Surin I'll have to think about transport. Therefore I understand Dave's comments about the timing but if you meet at night then how can someone from one place go to another realistically ? I guess some could come along later if they wanted. I suppose some could argue about weekday versus weekend. I just don't know how much that affects guys.

If meeting at the same sort of time and I have to drive myself then I'll maybe just stay over !

It was great to meet up on Monday, a good laugh for sure.

Meeting in Buriram is easy as I live just a few km out of town but for Surin I'll have to think about transport. Therefore I understand Dave's comments about the timing but if you meet at night then how can someone from one place go to another realistically ? I guess some could come along later if they wanted. I suppose some could argue about weekday versus weekend. I just don't know how much that affects guys.

If meeting at the same sort of time and I have to drive myself then I'll maybe just stay over !

Hi Torres

Thats true what you say and If the suggestion of Nobby's German bar in Surin is agreed for January, its within crawling distance from the Thong Tarin Hotel (its not expensive BTW).

What about you 'Rambo's chipping-in to get some Thai minicab driver to ferry you all over to the town that has all the good bars that stay open (Surin)

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

I never drink (alcohol) and drive :D ................so if this goes in the direction of an afternoon/evening session with a sleepover, I might join you guys. :o

It would be good to see you Bergen and Im sure the www.Buriramexpats would feel the same way about meeting a real life Viking(Horns &all)

Dave

I never drink and drive either so it would be either a cab and either stay over or come back or drive and definitely stay over.

By the way, anyone up for a few some day before an "official" meet in January ? I don't mind some travelling. Perhaps post a thread of where people live so others know what distances are involved for people. I'm in near central Buriram but don't mind travelling.

I never drink and drive either so it would be either a cab and either stay over or come back or drive and definitely stay over.

By the way, anyone up for a few some day before an "official" meet in January ? I don't mind some travelling. Perhaps post a thread of where people live so others know what distances are involved for people. I'm in near central Buriram but don't mind travelling.

Hi Dave

Many of us are all meeting at the Ferang Correction, Surin for xmas dinner on the 25th 12.00 to ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The owner, Mountain(sic) has places spare still.

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

• 1 month later...
Thats true what you say and If the suggestion of Nobby's German bar in Surin is agreed for January, its within crawling distance from the Thong Tarin Hotel (its not expensive BTW).

What about you 'Rambo's chipping-in to get some Thai minicab driver to ferry you all over to the town that has all the good bars that stay open (Surin)

Dave

:o

Just a little 'bump' :D as a few good men have been talking about another 'meet up' on FRIDAY 6th FEBRUARY at Norbies Bar in Soi Kola, Surin

Come on guys, you are all over with that Xmas malarkey now so lets get this moving again as the last two meet-ups were good fun!

:D

Dave

Dave

Just a little 'bump' :wai: as a few good men have been talking about another 'meet up' on FRIDAY 6th FEBRUARY at Norbies Bar in Soi Kola, Surin

Come on guys, you are all over with that Xmas malarkey now so lets get this moving again as the last two meet-ups were good fun!

Dave

Huh

Would not like to be in your shoe's DtD when you have to tell Mountain why it is at Norbies! :D

Anyway see you there, as you know mines an Archa! :D

TBWG :D

Huh

Would not like to be in your shoe's DtD when you have to tell Mountain why it is at Norbies! :o

TBWG :burp:

That sounds sensible, going to a German bar with fine ales and drinking Archa! :D

I don't forsee any problems with BFG, I think I have already mentioned it to him.

My only worry is that Norbie can cope with the Buriram Bums :D AKA The Dave's. :D:wai::P :jerk: :burp:

Huh

Would not like to be in your shoe's DtD when you have to tell Mountain why it is at Norbies! :o

TBWG :jerk:

That sounds sensible, going to a German bar with fine ales and drinking Archa! :D

I don't forsee any problems with BFG, I think I have already mentioned it to him.

My only worry is that Norbie can cope with the Buriram Bums :D AKA The Dave's. :D:wai::P Dave:

German Beer ... = Eurofizz aka Lager!

TBWG :burp:

German Beer ... = Eurofizz aka Lager!

TBWG :D

You will be pleasantly surprised by the range of 'Dark' & 'White' Wheat beers plus he has draft HB from Munchen.

Its much better than Archa, but then again most other beers are too! :o

Dave

You must be talking about the same dark and white wheat beers that I do, as well as the bottled HB from Muenchen. Cept I have London Pride, Guinness, John Smiths, and a lot of others to boot. Didn't think he did'Archa'

Dave

Just a little 'bump' :D as a few good men have been talking about another 'meet up' on FRIDAY 6th FEBRUARY at Norbies Bar in Soi Kola, Surin

Dave

I'm in Dave and will be bring at least a couple of others :D

Possibly will have room for a couple more if they dont want to drive and want to get back to Buriram the same day :D

I hope all the "BUMS" that attended the last one can show up :wai: Guarenteed good afternoon / night :P