2009 Asia Cup

MSingh

Yeah Baby, yeah !!! :o

I'll be there..

From the BBC..

Tigers to play in the Asia Trophy

Hull City are set to to take part in the Asia Trophy pre-season tournament next summer.

And Tigers chairman Paul Duffen has said they have been invited along with two other Premier League clubs, Chelsea and West Ham United.

"It's massive and we qualify because of our league position as of 4 November," he told BBC Radio Humberside.

"We were sixth and were top of the block of teams positioned sixth to 10th at the time, it's fantastic."

The Tigers are playing their first ever season in the top flight of English football and their impressive start to life in the Premier League has brought a quick reward for the club.

A venue for the Asia Trophy has yet to be decided but it is likely to be staged in Hong Kong, China or South Korea. And Duffen added: "It's an enormous thing for us, to think that some people, tongue in cheek, have been talking about our chances of qualifying for Europe this season and to think we've actually qualified for Asia this season is fantastic."

Edited by MSingh

Hull obviously & apart from that, i think i remember the past couple of Seasons when the likes of Liverpool & Pompey played in it ( is that the same Competition ?? ) i think one or two local sides normally enter..

The last one was in HK i think so fingers crossed this one will be too..

Will combine it with Disney aswell to keep everyone happy in their Summer Holiday, especially Dad... :o

COYI

Hull obviously & apart from that, i think i remember the past couple of Seasons when the likes of Liverpool & Pompey played in it ( is that the same Competition ?? ) i think one or two local sides normally enter..

Will combine it with Disney aswell to keep everyone happy in their Summer Holiday, especially Dad... :o

COYI

Dedicated Hammers fan I know, but you would really travel to HK or China for this, I mean its not like they field many first team players? But have fun!

Will combine it with Disney aswell to keep everyone happy in their Summer Holiday, especially Dad... :D

COYI

Dedicated Hammers fan I know, but you would really travel to HK or China for this, I mean its not like they field many first team players? But have fun!

I went to our N American Tour in the US & Canada ( Columbus & Toronto V MLS All Stars ) for last Pre Season James & flew from BKK so this one will be a lot closer & easier, plus i'd possibly be able to keep everyone happy & have a couple of days at Ocean World & Disney with the little one if it's in HK too, with Dad slipping off with the Boys for a bit of Football aswell, everyone's a winner... :o

Any Chelsea or West Ham from TV thinking about it ??

When you support any team other then a successful ones, you go to away games purely for a good day out and the laugh and piss up with your mates, the actual football usually ruins what would have otherwise been a great day out, apart from once or twice a season when you win and it makes the day out and the 100s of pounds spent seem worth while.

Edited by spiderman2

When you support any team other then a successful ones, you go to away games purely for a good day out and the laugh and piss up with your mates, the actual football usually ruins what would have otherwise been a great day out, apart from once or twice a season when you win and it makes the day out and the 100s of pounds spent seem worth while.

Spiderman2, let us not be naive to believe that a self confessed Glory Hunter would have even the faintest idea of anything resembling what a " real " Football Fan would go through following his Club through thick & thin, over Land & Sea, Win, Lose or Draw.. :o

The said " Fan " also confessed to not being able to work out why anyone would support a " losing Team " irrespective of the reasons why we do..

& before the delightfully intelligent redrus or James get on their high Horses about " Who gives a <deleted> what anyone does ", i'm only pulling your Chain James, hence the :D ..

Spiderman2, let us not be naive to believe that a self confessed Glory Hunter would have even the faintest idea of anything resembling what a " real " Football Fan would go through following his Club through thick & thin, over Land & Sea, Win, Lose or Draw.. :o

The said " Fan " also confessed to not being able to work out why anyone would support a " losing Team " irrespective of the reasons why we do..

But if i could have chosen to be born to a rich family instead of my own i would, same kind of thing.

& before the delightfully intelligent redrus or James get on their high Horses about " Who gives a <deleted> what anyone does ", i'm only pulling your Chain James, hence the :D ..

Fair play to BKKJames he's a Septic or Canadian from my reading into his writing, its like admitting your a puff admitting you like soccer to their family and friends, would you go that far?

He was born with the infliction of not being born near a sh7t football team that never wins <deleted> all, that infliction leads seems to ManU lets be honest they are good to watch.....see for yourself-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dK4wFKYtipo

• 6 months later...

Depending on work commitments I may well take a jolly up to China and watch United and also some of the Asia Cup games.

I even have tickets for the Liverpool game. :)

Chelsea pull out & the STD takes their place...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/8516516

I'm umming & arring about going but will probably end up going..

Should be fun... :D

what ever happened to Mr. Happy go luck Spiderman?

what's this Singer, you may not go now? what kind of Hammer supporter are you? :)

I already have my Summer Hoiliday booked to the US where i'll be taking in some NFL Games in Chicago & Seattle ( GO BEARS ) so we'll see, it'd be rude of me not to be in Beijing... :D

Chelsea pull out & the STD takes their place...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/8516516

I'm umming & arring about going but will probably end up going..

Should be fun... :D

what ever happened to Mr. Happy go luck Spiderman?

what's this Singer, you may not go now? what kind of Hammer supporter are you? :)

I already have my Summer Hoiliday booked to the US where i'll be taking in some NFL Games in Chicago & Seattle ( GO BEARS ) so we'll see, it'd be rude of me not to be in Beijing... :D

MS - are you old money? Do you have a sister?

Just name the date Jimbo & we'll start preparing... :)

If I had a dog that ugly I would shave his ass and teach him to walk backwards. Guess poor isn't sooo bad afterall.

If I had a dog that ugly I would shave his ass and teach him to walk backwards. Guess poor isn't sooo bad afterall.

She's got s brilliant Personality though Jimbo ?? :D

Come on you Irons..

Come on you Irons..

Great, and she also has radio looks mate. No offense but I hope for your sake - that the postman was more handsome than your daddy.

Come on you Irons..

Great, and she also has radio looks mate. No offense but I hope for your sake - that the postman was more handsome than your daddy.

He's not sadly Jimbo, that's why i live in Thailand... :D

You're a Bears fan, Msingh? Well, now we have a team we both support. That's been my team since childhood. If you're going in summer you must mean in August and it will be preseason. I would never pay for a preseason NFL game, myself, but have fun. Love the Bears. Da Bears.

As for this tournament, bet the organizers are mightily relieved Hull beat the drop. What kind of Premier League Asia Trophy would it be with a Championship side? :) Craziness, they should think twice about inviting the playoff promotion winner again (which means West Ham a few years back, right? ha ha, but they're solid now, though).

Edited by Jimjim

You're a Bears fan, Msingh? Well, now we have a team we both support. That's been my team since childhood. If you're going in summer you must mean in August and it will be preseason. I would never pay for a preseason NFL game, myself, but have fun. Love the Bears. Da Bears.

As for this tournament, bet the organizers are mightily relieved Hull beat the drop. What kind of Premier League Asia Trophy would it be with a Championship side? :) Craziness, they should think twice about inviting the playoff promotion winner again (which means West Ham a few years back, right? ha ha, but they're solid now, though).

Yes Jim, big Bears Fan..

I had the pleasure of living in Chicago for nearly 2 Years in 2000 - 2002 although i did like Da Bears previously..Big Cubs Fan too as i lived on the Northside not too far from Wrigley Field..

I'm actually going in September & have Tix for Pittsburgh at Soldier Field then we're off to Seattle ( I just subscibed to the Seahawks Ticket Alert & i have to get Tickets in August ) & Safeco Field before i fly back here..

Jim, i'll get you a Souveneir & will post it when i get back to Thailand.. :D

I'm actually from the Northwest so have been to Seattle many times, but far enough away that I wasn't an automatic Seahawks fan. I cheer for them but not a huge fan like I am the Bears. So you're going to a Mariners game as well? I've probably been to 3 or 4 of those, great stadium.

Wow, I didn't realize the Bears were coming to Seattle. I was planning on heading back to Thailand mid-September but now I may have to delay, if I could get a ticket, that is. Ha ha, wow, that's awesome.

I'm actually from the Northwest so have been to Seattle many times, but far enough away that I wasn't an automatic Seahawks fan. I cheer for them but not a huge fan like I am the Bears. So you're going to a Mariners game as well? I've probably been to 3 or 4 of those, great stadium.

Wow, I didn't realize the Bears were coming to Seattle. I was planning on heading back to Thailand mid-September but now I may have to delay, if I could get a ticket, that is. Ha ha, wow, that's awesome.

Sorry Jim, i got my " Quest's " & " Safeco " mixed up, i'm going to Quest Field for the Seahawks V Bears Game, that's what i meant.. :)

But if the Mariners are at Home, i'd happily go to Safeco Field also..

Where you from Jim out of curiosity ??

Will combine it with Disney aswell to keep everyone happy in their Summer Holiday, especially Dad... :)

COYI

Iv'e just heard that are playing the tournament in Pakistan

Will combine it with Disney aswell to keep everyone happy in their Summer Holiday, especially Dad... :)

COYI

Iv'e just heard that are playing the tournament in Pakistan

& i just heard that Joanna Lumley fancies a Night with me all Baby Oiled up but then again, we can all write sh*t at times & try to be funny can't we ??

Beijing it is for anyone that's interested & the Games go a little something like this..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html

Wed 29 West Ham Utd v T*ttenham (5.45pm - local time) TBC Asia Trophy

Wed 29 Hull City v Beijing Guoan (8.30pm - local time) TBC Asia Trophy

Fri 31 3rd place playoff (5.45pm - local time) TBC Asia Trophy

Fri 31 Final (8.30pm - local time) TBC Asia Trophy

COYI

• 1 month later...

Little update from a travelling Singh..

Beijing is a fabulous City, thoroughly enjoying it although it's incredibly hot..

West Ham look smiles behind in their Pre Season, looked very unfit against the Pond Life on Wednesday..

LBM was in agony & we could hear him screaming in pain from where we were sitting..

Bars are great, Hull have been a credit to theor City, absolutely superb both their Fans & Management..

Bumped into Phil Brown last nigth too & he had a Game of Pool with us which he certainly didn't have to & had a good chin wag..

Asked him about the Mna City thing, Fabregas & also abou Zamora who he said wants to double his money that he's on at the moment to move North & he hadn't even met him yet, this was all over the Phone, i told him he'd have to triple my money to move to Hull & he had a giggle, top Fella & massively appreciated his time.. :D

We was the only West Ham in there ( 2 of us ) as we met a few Hull the night before & got half Pally with them so it was a Hull night in that Boozer & he seemed to make a b-line for us as he probably sensed we weren't from East Yorkshire as we didn't have Footbnall Shirts on & actually looked quite smart.. :)

Here'[s a couple of Pics anyway, one of my Pals with Tony Gale, couple of the Game & one of the Bar that is frequented more than the Hotel Room... :D

COYI

post-55211-1249013995_thumb.jpg

post-55211-1249014018_thumb.jpg

post-55211-1249014043_thumb.jpg

post-55211-1249014057_thumb.jpg

Sounds fun. So you were really hanging out with the Hull manager?

Yeah, top Guy in my opinion especially i had a previous misconception about him being a right flash B*stard but as i said, he made a b=line to us as he realised that we were Londoners & not from Yorkshire i thought & didn't have to do it, had a Guiness & a Game of Pool & was probably the highlight of our Trip to be honest, the Football certainly wasn't anyway.. :)