Bid To Tidy Up Bangkok Phone Booths

george

Someone in office seems to have taken note of that fruit/flower seller obstruction at Sukhumvit Soi 33. Are they reading Thai Visa?

Yesterday, I saw some guys in khaki uniforms at his shop and guess what, they made him push back his wares leaving more space for pedestrians.

I wonder how long that should last! :o

The Silom Soi 2- Soi 4 stretch has just become impossible. It was already hard to negotiate during the evening "market" hours, especially in the high season, but they extended the shops even further out into the sidewalk and in some stretches there's barely enough room for single file- much less the number of people who NEED to get through, plus all the stupid sexy-cd punks, mafia beggars, and other assorted lowlife touts.

"Steven"

Someone in office seems to have taken note of that fruit/flower seller obstruction at Sukhumvit Soi 33. Are they reading Thai Visa?

Yesterday, I saw some guys in khaki uniforms at his shop and guess what, they made him push back his wares leaving more space for pedestrians. ...

Well done the boys in brown! Lets be thankful for small mercies.... :o

Now, if they could just work their way up to soi 3.... :D

Actually, they were not the boys in Brown, their uniform was more like a Khaki Green colour. My GF told me that they are called "Tesaban" - hawker control I suppose.

:o

OK - I just asked my g/f and she said just about the same thing, that they work for the council and keep the pavements clear.