Drilling For Water Near Phimai

Andyfez

Has anyone any idea whether it is feasable to bring up any realistic quantity of water from a deep well?

I've read one or two comments on this forum, as well as the 'water wells' question.

Is the water salty, or can you get reasonable quality/ quantity for irrigation purposes?

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but would like to hear any experiences

Andy :o

Edited by Andyfez

Has anyone any idea whether it is feasable to bring up any realistic quantity of water from a deep well?

I've read one or two comments on this forum, but no detailed answer.

Is the water salty, or can you get reasonable quality/ quantity for irrigation purposes?

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but would like to hear any experiences

Yes it is feasable, but....... depends very much on the local conditions, for example a house a few hundred meters from me has their own bore hole, they had to go down 20 meters, we had to go down 50 plus. Always drill in the dry season, when the water table is at its lowest.

We've got a one and a half inch bore, with a 1 hp submersible pump and a 10,000+Liter tank. I recom we pump about 5000L a day, which is ample for any house (we have a dairy farm). If you are looking to irrigate land, you need to think carefuly about what you will be growing as you have to pay to pump the water up and this would cut into profits. Also you would need at least 2 inch with a 2 hp pump to handle the quantities.

Ours cost about 80,000bht with the pump,control box (manual- you just turn it off when water comes out of the top of the tank). The holding tank was extra, about 10,000 bht and I think auto switches are about 10,000 to put in.

Ours is gravity fed, as its on a hill (thats why we had to go down so far) if it's not you will have to build a tower, or have a pumped system.

I've seen post here quoting much cheaper, just depends where you are, and what the drilling is like, oh and whats included, we haed about 4 quotes 80,000 was the cheapest

hope this helps

Cheers RC

Oh forgot

Water quality depends where you are I recon we could drink ours (I dont though but we cook with it) i

Edited by RamdomChances