Thai consulate birmingham uk

The dealings I've just had with the Consulate in Birmingham, from my first phone call asking for advice, to receiving my visa has been trouble free. They couldn't have been more helpful and obliging.

I was advised to submit the application before the 22nd Aug to avoid the increased fees. This I did but put a covering letter asking them to date it from 22nd so that I could get the maximum time from it at the old fee of £30. They have obliged and I received a multiple entry non-immigrant 'O' type visa today. I would thouroughly recommend using them. All this was done by registered post.

My intention is to use this to obtain a retirement visa when I get to Bangkok. However due to the recent posts about the increase in the deposit required for retirees and the Philippines being an alternative I may forgoe that and take a trip over there after the 90 days, and if I like it stay there.

I know that the visa that I have allows me to stay for up to 90 days but what does the multiple entry condition allow me to do? Can anyone tell me please?

???

Thanks

Gammy      :o

You can enter Thailand for up to 90 days as many times as you wish during the time that the visa is valid (one year?).

AFAIK there is no increase in deposit required yet and suspect that if it does increase in the future those who are already in the system will continue with the same requirements they entered with.

You can enter Thailand for up to 90 days as many times as you wish during the time that the visa is valid (one year?).

AFAIK there is no increase in deposit required yet and suspect that if it does increase in the future those who are already in the system will continue with the same requirements they entered with.

Thanks for the info Lopburi

Is that from date of issue or date of entry?

Gammy have you ever visited thailand or the philippines ?

If not then you are looking for problems making a move to this part of the world.

I luv the place, have done since i first came over twenty years ago for my first trip.

Ya need to know the disadvantages, the heat, humidity and the whole THAI WAY of life.

They do things their way, Not better, not worse, just different.

jon

Between date of issue and expiration of the visa you can enter as many times as you wish.  Each entry will have a 90 day permit to stay in Thailand.  You can make last entry on the last day of visa and stay another 90 days.

As I read you post you as asking if the 90 days starts from day you enter or date visa issued.  It is from the day you enter.

Jon has valid point that if you have not experienced life in the Far East as more than a tourist you may wish to take the time to decide if it is for you before you cut all ties.

Thanks for the advice jonwilly and lopburi.

I spent a year teaching in Korea and three weeks in Thailand on the way back home.

I am aware of the cultural differences and know you have to adapt to their ways and stick with it.

The humidity is something that I can do without but will persevere and try to live with it. I'm told that in time it gets easier.

After I left Thailand I was sure that when I retired I would live there.

If the worst happens then I have a return ticket to the UK.

Hi Roguetrader

Because it is my intention to apply for a retirement visa when I get to Thailand I applied by post to the Birmingham Consulate for a multi entry Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa. This allows you to stay in Thailand for a maximum of 90 days and allows you to leave and re-enter for as many times as you want within a period of 12 months from the date of issue. I think I've got that right.

Fortunately I got mine at the old cost of £30 but it's gone up and is now £90.

To obtain this I had to send a completed application form, my passport valid for at least 6 months, 2 recent passport sized photographs, a postal order for the appropriate fee(they don't accept cheques), a pre paid registered letter, a copy of a recent bank statement showing that you have enough funds to support yourself while you are there(no minimum deposits or proof of income required), and a covering letter stating the reason you require that type of visa i.e. to apply for a retirement visa in Thailand. It's advisable to send this via registered mail.

The address is Royal Thai Consulate, Exchange Buildings, Stephenson Place, Birmingham, B2 4NN. The telephone No is 0121 6439481 and the fax is 0121 4493334.

I would advise you to give them a ring. They're most helpful.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Luv the poem!

Gammy