Protesters Close Don Muang Airport

roamer

I know a good cure for this. The military could use my advice for once.

It's known as ASS WHOOPING! Get the Yellow to work and build their dwindling economy.

Silly impatient people clad in Yellow T-shirts holding a country at ransom just cause they want to be in power by force. I wonder where they were during the elections.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the support for the PAD stronger than the support for Somchai..........As a 50/50 UK-Thailand, I never really got involved in Politics, it would appear to the world that Thailand is going to be over-run by anti-govt protesters. Obviously this would affect the Tourism, do you think extremists are taking control..............???? :o

The longer this goes on, the more ludicrous this country must be looking to the eys of the world. Clear these prats in yellow have no idea, or just simply don't care the amount of damage that they are doing to the long term economy of this country. When the tourist industry has been completly ruined, there's going to be even more discomfort for a sixeabale portion of the population that work in tourist related industries.

As for the other bunch of idiots in red, they are no better, and it's about time the imcompetent Somchai either did something decisive about the whole mess, or he resigns, but I guess that his puppet master has already told him not to do any deals.

A total disgrace the lot of them.

Attention!

New and groundbreaking proposal to end the turmoil in Thailand and make everybody happy:

Let Somchai/Taksin govern the North from Chiang Mai while Sondhi and his Yellow People can govern the rest from Bangkok. The North can than separate and be known as Lana-land or Lalaland. Issan can join them if they wish after a referendum. The Bangkok run part may be called Krungthep-land or Moomooland.

Actually the South may split from Bangkok as well. Apart from Patani state which will surely go to Muslims the Phuket and Samui islands can perhaps became independent Farang Kingdoms. The names for them can perhaps be decided later after few drinking competitions.

This is the best solution so far.

As for the other bunch of idiots in red, they are no better, and it's about time the imcompetent Somchai either did something decisive about the whole mess, or he resigns, but I guess that his puppet master has already told him not to do any deals.

There's obviously some discussion in Thai Rak Thai circles over who should be the new Prime Minister. Maybe it will be Taksin's daughter this time... :o

Until then Somchai won't resign.

I spoke with a friend last night who is a physician at Bumrungrad. They were urgently awaiting some sort of perishable chemotherapy medicines that were couriered from the USA day before yesterday. Needless to say, it won't be arriving and his patient lies dying in hospital.

This is going far beyond loss of tourists and failing businesses when seriously sick people begin dying because of PAD's actions.

To be honest that sounds kinda dumb. If I had something that important I wouldn't send it through the mail. Someone sent me a package from England two weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived.

I was sent a package from England on the 30th Oct 08, and neither has that arrived. It usually takes 7 days max for a parcel to get here, and I live on Koh Phangan!

Attention!

New and groundbreaking proposal to end the turmoil in Thailand and make everybody happy:

Let Somchai/Taksin govern the North from Chiang Mai while Sondhi and his Yellow People can govern the rest from Bangkok. The North can than separate and be known as Lana-land or Lalaland. Issan can join them if they wish after a referendum. The Bangkok run part may be called Krungthep-land or Moomooland.

Actually the South may split from Bangkok as well. Apart from Patani state which will surely go to Muslims the Phuket and Samui islands can perhaps became independent Farang Kingdoms. The names for them can perhaps be decided later after few drinking competitions.

This is the best solution so far.

In all seriousness, this is probably the most sensible thing I have ever read on ThaiVisa.

Names for the Phuket and Samui Islands, well the possibilities are endless - how about 'Little Britain'?

Edited by mangostays

i think what they have show the world is in thailand Mob rule can take over the govement and stop the country.

Somchai should have put an end to this the 1st day they blockaded the gov house. It never showed have been allowed to escalate .

Interesting that the PM (& Defence minister) seems unable to call for military flights to move himself & the cabinet around

They have not taken control of the planes only the airports.

What amazes me is the stupdity of 50% of posters on this forum.

Intriguing. I have been accused (rightly) of many things but this is the first time I have been accused of 'stupdity'. Stupd me.

My point was that it seems amazing that at a time of national crisis the PM is unable to call upon the (non-interventionist) military for flights to allow government to meet and function. I guess this is another 'in what other country could you imagine this?' point. Maybe he knows better than to ask.

The longer this goes on, the more ludicrous this country must be looking to the eys of the world. Clear these prats in yellow have no idea, or just simply don't care the amount of damage that they are doing to the long term economy of this country. When the tourist industry has been completly ruined, there's going to be even more discomfort for a sixeabale portion of the population that work in tourist related industries.

My wifes mother lives in Bangkok. She was given 2000 thb (500 thb per member of the household) to don a red shirt and join the fight. This happened yesterday.

She says that every time somthing like this happens, a little man comes round all the houses in her area (Yusid) and hands out cash for support.

It's repoted WORLDWIDE............ that there are political problems in Thailand......... why is my asking how, is being removed from this thread......????

We are trying to keep these news threads as politically free as possible, and just concentrate on news updates to keep people informed of developments.

There are 2 other threads in the News Forum where you can read and post your political comments:

PAD leaders to announce new politics

Pm Somchai Address Nation Live On Tv

PAD cancels plan to besiege Don Mueang military airport

DON MUANG: -- Protesters led by the People's Alliance for Democracy cancelled their plan to block the entrance to the Don Mueang military airport Thursday morning.

They cancelled the plan at 8:10 am after hearing that Cabinet members would not gather there for flying to attend a Cabinet meeting in Chiang Mai.

Earlier, a PAD leader on the stage at the Don Mueang rally ground told protesters block the military airport to prevent Cabinet members from boarding a plane there.

But reports came that Cabinet members would separately travel to Chiang Mai instead of travelling in group.

-- The Nation 2008-11-27

I agree.

I am discusted with the Yellow Shirts and the way they are exploiting a view held by all Thais - a love of the King, as a moral highground that they believe

1. reliquinshes them of any responsibility for their disrupive actions, and:

2. attempts to riddle any non Yellow Shirt supporter with guilt for not loving the King enough, which of course every Thai national does.

The Red Shirts are simply a consequence and not the cause, of the shambolic capabilities of the Thai political system.

Incidentally, as I'm sure you all know, the Yellow Shirts want to remove the vote from the individual and instead bestow the responsibility onto 'appointed experts'.

Come on, give me a break.

The airports being closed is utter <deleted> and plainly demonstrates to the rest of the sane planet either how little the PAD cares for it's country or monarchy's international image or more likely, how stupid and short sighted they really are. PAD as a flash in the pan and it is simply a matter of time before they get a severe kicking.

There's a distinct possibility that Somchai, even though he's famous for being indecisive and feeble, will order the military to drive protesters from one or both airports. Let's hope if such shows of force were to take place that there will be minimum injuries. Thailand's history of such things in recent decades doesn't give one a lot of hope for the best. Armed intervention in demonstrations often result in deaths - which in turn aren't investigated. In some cases (Samak's recollection, for example) the deaths aren't even acknowledged to have happened.

Much better resolution would be for Somchai and his inept cabinet appointees to step down.

Attention!

:o Excellent !!!

------ Your only post was about a stupid military airbase.
Duh! :o No comment your words definitely NOT mine
PAD is about disruption, the military aren't going to intervene.
You may well be eating you words before this week is out! I rest my case.

According to what I've been told by a ThaiVisa member who is also a main sponsor of the PAD. the whole thing is only a setup to keep lots of fahrangs stranded at the airport and then fine them a lot of money for overstaying their VISA as the country needs money to recover the loss of tourists.

------ Your only post was about a stupid military airbase.
Duh! :o No comment your words definitely NOT mine
PAD is about disruption, the military aren't going to intervene.
You may well be eating you words before this week is out! I rest my case.

I spoke with a friend last night who is a physician at Bumrungrad. They were urgently awaiting some sort of perishable chemotherapy medicines that were couriered from the USA day before yesterday. Needless to say, it won't be arriving and his patient lies dying in hospital.

This is going far beyond loss of tourists and failing businesses when seriously sick people begin dying because of PAD's actions.

To be honest that sounds kinda dumb. If I had something that important I wouldn't send it through the mail. Someone sent me a package from England two weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived.

Doesn't this type of thread bring out the stupidity in some people? The guy said 'Couriered' nothing to do with mail.---- Go back to bed so as we can keep this topic on track! :o

thailand will have very little tourists next year ...........

Incidentally, as I'm sure you all know, the Yellow Shirts want to remove the vote from the individual and instead bestow the responsibility onto 'appointed experts'.

Come on, give me a break.

The airports being closed is utter <deleted> and plainly demonstrates to the rest of the sane planet either how little the PAD cares for it's country or monarchy's international image or more likely, how stupid and short sighted they really are. PAD as a flash in the pan and it is simply a matter of time before they get a severe kicking.

You should have stopped before this, instead you've gone on to confuse and distort the facts and blame the PAD for everything. By the I mean you seem to have missed the part where the government should have done their jobs and resolved this issue months ago before it exploded into the situation we have now.

I don't agree with the PAD however I know they don't want to remove people's votes this is a lie often reported by their opponents.

Also, yesterday it was reported that the PAD had broken into the control tower at Suvarnabhumi. Turns out to be wrong, they've only ever been in the terminal building.

I understand your frustrations, but is this outbreak of civil disobedience, a good or a bad thing for Thailand, most importantly, has the immenent arrival of ex PM Thaksin in Thailand prompted this escalation of violence......????

great point, without emperor taksin no problems. He is the cause of all this shit.

Doesn't this type of thread bring out the stupidity in some people? The guy said 'Couriered' nothing to do with mail.---- Go back to bed so as we can keep this topic on track! :o

thailand will have very little tourists next year ...........

Have a look at this poll that was posted on the main CNN site:

Would you still travel to Thailand despite protests?

Yes: 29%

No: 71%

Besides the wanke_rs that can't keep on topic, the most upsetting thing is how little 'official' info is coming out from AOT or Thai Airways...People are told to check the websites and they are still listing flights as leaving and on time. Just shows how reliable this information is. ThaiVisa points to the same flight info site

No one is operating international flight, not FEDEX not anyone. We are besieged by national terrorists, a group of people who wipe their asses with court orders. One law for you and me and one for the PAD. If there are still dummies left who believe that the PAD has something to offer to Thailand they are just as brain dead as the PAD itself. There offer of negotiations when the government has stepped down is deceptive. As soon as they smell that one of their demands is met, they will stay on till the entire electoral system has ben changed. And than the masses have to march on Bangkok in the millions and need to mount a revolution. It is that simple. We are talking terrorists overhere.

What's PAD thinking with doing this? How will shutting down the airports get them what they want? Do they think if they piss off enough people by driving the tourists away and making it hard to do international business more people will join their cause?

Thai economists predicted approx. 1,000,000 more people unemployed next year. These people probably all wear a yellow t-shirt :o

The people wearing the yellow shirts probably believe they're insulated from any economic downturns, and don't care about those who aren't.

While they'll be impacted by a world-wide depression, they're correct that they'll be the last ones in Thailand to feel it.

I understand your frustrations, but is this outbreak of civil disobedience, a good or a bad thing for Thailand, most importantly, has the immenent arrival of ex PM Thaksin in Thailand prompted this escalation of violence......????

great point, without emperor taksin no problems. He is the cause of all this shit.

Koos de Boer has very little knowledge about the background, it is not Thaksin, it is a handful of people who refuses to form a political party knowing that they will get no support from the majority. You must be enormous frustrated to see that your friends of the PAD simply want to push their agenda. It is in a matter of fact all to blame on Sondhi the man who has billions in baht in unpaid debt and in assets frozen by asset management companies. He asked his than friend Thaksin to help him get his assets back (screw the taxpayer) when Thaksin refused he became personal. Let Sondhi pay his debt, sue him for the remainder of the money that he has left for causing the country enormous damage. Luckily mister de Boer is a minority. Look at the comments in the Bangkokpost. Just one out of every 50 posts is supportive of the PAD nowadays.

Besides the wanke_rs that can't keep on topic, the most upsetting thing is how little 'official' info is coming out from AOT or Thai Airways...People are told to check the websites and they are still listing flights as leaving and on time. Just shows how reliable this information is. ThaiVisa points to the same flight info site

I assume it is a "loss of face" kind of thing. The authorities possess all the information we can use but for those of us that live here we know that the Thais will try to ignore the facts until the situation gets out of hand. TIT is an excuse we all here too often. It appeared to me that the airlines and TOT just abandoned their posts and took the approach most favored by the French army and fled.

The airports being closed is utter <deleted> and plainly demonstrates to the rest of the sane planet either how little the PAD cares for it's country or monarchy's international image or more likely, how stupid and short sighted they really are.

It demonstrates that, but it demonstrates so much more.

The closing of BKK's airports demonstrates incompetence on the part of the Thai government and weak rule of law, as well as how little the PAD cares for its country.

Pull this stunt in any country with rule of law and a strong centralized government and you'll only be able to shut the airport down for a matter of hours, and only once, since you'll be in jail long enough to reconsider doing something that stupid again. These days, with terrorism laws, you may be in prison for years for such an act.

PAD has successfully shown that neither side is capable of leading Thailand.