Protesters Close Don Muang Airport

roamer

Breakingnews - The Nation

ASTV office and PAD protedsters at Don Muang are attacked.

Published on November 28, 2008;November 28, 2008 : Last updated 02:03 am

ASTV office on Tha Phra-athit Road was attacked at around 1.50am. The broadcast of ASTV programme stopped for almost 10 minutes before resuming to normal broadcast.

There was a sound of gunfire and talks of ASTV staff when the screen was turning blank. There was no injury. At about the same time, a gunfire was hot at anti-government protesters at the Don Muang Airport. It is reported that the direction might be from the Don Muang toll way.

-The Nation

LaoPo

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's PAD thinking with doing this? How will shutting down the airports get them what they want? Do they think if they piss off enough people by driving the tourists away and making it hard to do international business more people will join their cause?

Join "their cause"?... So you too are an "Us vs. Them" person? How weak... HELLO! The PAD are acting in the interests of everyone who lives in this real Land of the Free (sorry all you flag waving americans, the USA is anything but free. I left there for that very reason). An old saying comes to mind, "the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few". In this case meaning that for the good of the nation, this corrupt, sociopathic hoard of power & money mongers called the Thai "Government" needs to be expelled, extinguished and exterminated at all costs. My business is suffering tremendous blows because of this situation, but I happily take the knock & will brave the storm in the interest of having a better future here, free of the likes of a that moron & madman Toxin and his extended network ruling the country. Having a year of hardship is a small price to pay in the name of long term HEALTHY growth for the country. There will never be growth or progress with a band of thieves and scumbags in charge. I admire, support & applaud what the PAD are doing. At least they've got the balls to stand up and act on what they believe. These pea brained nit-wit "red shirts" don't seem to understand that the PAD are not against them, they're acting in the name of ALL Thais, for King and country for a better future. If you love this country half as much as I do & plan on calling it home for any length of time now or the foreseeable future, then I suggest you quit crying like a baby, bite the bullet & suffer the inconvenience of fighting for a better government with some integrity, rather than this pack of thieving clowns and madmen that have dealt the Thai citizens nothing but empty promises & lies while robbing the country blind. You can also blame the ignorance of the upcountry & rural uneducated for instilling this insanity to begin with by electing these bandits to begin with. Yeah, let's sell our country down the tubes for 30 baht health insurance and 500 baht gifts... c'mon... that's hillbilly thinking & it's time to try and shove some education into their thought deficient skulls.

Right....

You see Al Kaida also claims to be fighting for the better of all the muslims. So should we all go support it now and send Bin Laden all our savings?

WOW! What an AMAZINGLY ACCURATE simile Einstein! Why didn't I think of that!!!

Apparently you have not a clue the difference between suicidal religious fanatics and blind political GREED! I suggest you go don your red shirt, head to Chiang Mai & stand in line with all of the other lemmings. (Jeez, unbelievable!...)

You didn't think of that cause PAD didn't tell you to think, so only thing you know how to do is repeating evermore violent messages trumpeted at the PAD rallies.

For the comparison - how do you call someone who storms the airport, breaks into control tower, keeps hostages with threats of their security if they left and takes over airspace of one country without a clue what they are doing there, endangering lives of innocent people flying in the planes over the country? Terrorists. In any country.

Just seems in Thailand, when a terrorist comes with a mob dressed in yellow, none of the laws apply to them.

Quit assuming things Bozo... I have no idea what goes on or is said at PAD rallies, I've never been to one... but apparently you do. I also believe in standing up for what's right and not being pushed around. When someone pushes me, I push back! The PAD aren't pussies nor are they terrorists, as they're not instilling terror and taking lives, unlike this screwed up group of thugs called the Thai Government is. So who ARE the terrorists then? Who is threatening who? I do believe it's your insane money-boy, TOXIN! He's the one who started all this crap. You can thank him for being the GREEDY PIG that he is & making threats in trying to get his ill-gotten money back you blind fool. You can also thank all of the idiots who voted Samak in a year ago. If this "Government" is so wonderful, then please tell me ONE frikkn thing they've (or rather Toxin has) done for the people since taking office a year ago???! If TOXIN is so frikkn' great, why the hel_l isn't he helping the poor people in the country he "loves" now that he's not PM? hel_l no... he'd rather spend his money on a goddamn football team! Wow... now there's a philanthropist for ya! Nothing like spending or rather investing in guilty pleasures while the poor starve. Oh but I forgot... that's HIS money spent on the team, and he refuses to use any of HIS money to help the poor... only Thai Government money is to be used for that. What a venemous SNAKE! And you know what you do with venemous snakes... CUT THEIR HEADS OFF!

What's PAD thinking with doing this? How will shutting down the airports get them what they want? Do they think if they piss off enough people by driving the tourists away and making it hard to do international business more people will join their cause?

Join "their cause"?... So you too are an "Us vs. Them" person? How weak... HELLO! The PAD are acting in the interests of everyone who lives in this real Land of the Free (sorry all you flag waving americans, the USA is anything but free. I left there for that very reason). An old saying comes to mind, "the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few". In this case meaning that for the good of the nation, this corrupt, sociopathic hoard of power & money mongers called the Thai "Government" needs to be expelled, extinguished and exterminated at all costs. My business is suffering tremendous blows because of this situation, but I happily take the knock & will brave the storm in the interest of having a better future here, free of the likes of a that moron & madman Toxin and his extended network ruling the country. Having a year of hardship is a small price to pay in the name of long term HEALTHY growth for the country. There will never be growth or progress with a band of thieves and scumbags in charge. I admire, support & applaud what the PAD are doing. At least they've got the balls to stand up and act on what they believe. These pea brained nit-wit "red shirts" don't seem to understand that the PAD are not against them, they're acting in the name of ALL Thais, for King and country for a better future. If you love this country half as much as I do & plan on calling it home for any length of time now or the foreseeable future, then I suggest you quit crying like a baby, bite the bullet & suffer the inconvenience of fighting for a better government with some integrity, rather than this pack of thieving clowns and madmen that have dealt the Thai citizens nothing but empty promises & lies while robbing the country blind. You can also blame the ignorance of the upcountry & rural uneducated for instilling this insanity to begin with by electing these bandits to begin with. Yeah, let's sell our country down the tubes for 30 baht health insurance and 500 baht gifts... c'mon... that's hillbilly thinking & it's time to try and shove some education into their thought deficient skulls.

Right....

You see Al Kaida also claims to be fighting for the better of all the muslims. So should we all go support it now and send Bin Laden all our savings?

WOW! What an AMAZINGLY ACCURATE simile Einstein! Why didn't I think of that!!!

Apparently you have not a clue the difference between suicidal religious fanatics and blind political GREED! I suggest you go don your red shirt, head to Chiang Mai & stand in line with all of the other lemmings. (Jeez, unbelievable!...)

You didn't think of that cause PAD didn't tell you to think, so only thing you know how to do is repeating evermore violent messages trumpeted at the PAD rallies.

For the comparison - how do you call someone who storms the airport, breaks into control tower, keeps hostages with threats of their security if they left and takes over airspace of one country without a clue what they are doing there, endangering lives of innocent people flying in the planes over the country? Terrorists. In any country.

Just seems in Thailand, when a terrorist comes with a mob dressed in yellow, none of the laws apply to them.

Quit assuming things Bozo... I have no idea what goes on or is said at PAD rallies, I've never been to one... but apparently you do. I also believe in standing up for what's right and not being pushed around. When someone pushes me, I push back! The PAD aren't pussies nor are they terrorists, as they're not instilling terror and taking lives, unlike this screwed up group of thugs called the Thai Government is. So who ARE the terrorists then? Who is threatening who? I do believe it's your insane money-boy, TOXIN! He's the one who started all this crap. You can thank him for being the GREEDY PIG that he is & making threats in trying to get his ill-gotten money back you blind fool. You can also thank all of the idiots who voted Samak in a year ago. If this "Government" is so wonderful, then please tell me ONE frikkn thing they've (or rather Toxin has) done for the people since taking office a year ago???! If TOXIN is so frikkn' great, why the hel_l isn't he helping the poor people in the country he "loves" now that he's not PM? hel_l no... he'd rather spend his money on a goddamn football team! Wow... now there's a philanthropist for ya! Nothing like spending or rather investing in guilty pleasures while the poor starve. Oh but I forgot... that's HIS money spent on the team, and he refuses to use any of HIS money to help the poor... only Thai Government money is to be used for that. What a venemous SNAKE! And you know what you do with venemous snakes... CUT THEIR HEADS OFF!

You're a true marvel to talk to. Surprised you're not at the airport offering your body as a shield from bullets for the wonderful protest leaders who haven't ever committed a sin in their entire lives, God forbid.

My personal opinion still remains both sides are populistic pigs who only care for their own agendas and use brainwashed sheep in yellow and red to do their dirty work. There is no choice between good and bad here. It's between terrible and awful. Some choice.

And that's the biggest tragedy of it all.

and apparently, you care nothing about the future of Thailand or who runs it... that's a very admirable attitude. and i'm sure in the 60's you were watching the kids protesting their bullying government on tv at while eating a hot dog. your a real mover & shaker. that's the problem with the world... everyone is too lazy to take action against atrocities perpetrated against them. it's not convenient, is it. well let me tell ya, change never comes to the lazy. and if you don't think there's something wrong with the government in power right now & wish to sit on your apathetic arse, then you and all those like you are destined to a life of being bullied and wallowing in mediocrity... it's pathetic.

Why did no one come up with the best solution :o

Yellow and red are fighting so why not use an internediate. For the next 4 years have a coalition of unity rule (a few brits, dutchies, french, german, american, japanese ........)

We can get rid of the farang unfriendly policies and we are the enemy of all thias so the thais can reunite

End of the problem

I might just be daydreaming here

Breakingnews -The Nation

Gunshots heard near Don Mueang Airport

Published on November 28, 2008;November 28, 2008 : Last updated 07:38 am

A series of gunshots were heard near Don Muean Airport where protesters led by the People's Alliance for Democracy were occupying early Friday.

Over ten gunshots were heard at about 4:50 am in an area in front of the airport.

PAD guards said they saw a man in a black pick-up truck firing into the air.

Then at 6:30 am, dozens of gunshots were heard again, sending PAD guards to run around to check the incident.

-The Nation

LaoPo

Attention!

New and groundbreaking proposal to end the turmoil in Thailand and make everybody happy:

Let Somchai/Taksin govern the North from Chiang Mai while Sondhi and his Yellow People can govern the rest from Bangkok. The North can than separate and be known as Lana-land or Lalaland. Issan can join them if they wish after a referendum. The Bangkok run part may be called Krungthep-land or Moomooland.

Actually the South may split from Bangkok as well. Apart from Patani state which will surely go to Muslims the Phuket and Samui islands can perhaps became independent Farang Kingdoms. The names for them can perhaps be decided later after few drinking competitions.

Notime, If only by saying this you could make it so :D To just imagine a country like Chiang Mai-Issan-Rayong not only with its vast agriculture resources, but also its beauty both in landscape as well as people would be great, and the best part is that the corrupt thai-chinese power brokers in BKK would be cut off from any further raping of the people and the landscape of this great region! In the coming years with agriculture resources becoming a more and more valuable commodity, this new Lanna-Issan-Rayong country will be known as the breadbasket of Asia. The PAD are welcome to the cesspools of BKK and Pattaya, and with their share of the money from the sale of Phuket and sumui to the hedge fund operators and investment bankers that will be fleeing prosecution in the U.S. and Europe, and the sale of the far southern provinces to Malaysia, they can begin building a massive sea wall to protect BKK from the rising oceans :o

Except Rayong and Trat are not in the PPP column. It would be a Northern and Isaan landlocked state with large population, lots of agriculture, little industry and no ports and hence would almost certainly see its wealth gap compared to the other half decline on a yearly basis. Landlocked states face difficulties.

Hammered, you couldn't be more wrong! My wife and I have many friends in the Rayong area and we have traveled extensively throughout Rayong-Klaeng-Chanthaburi-Trat and have found overwhelming support for Thaksin :D The boundry lines for the new country would be the deep sea port at Utapao and both countries would have access to this port area. Of course while this is a very intersting excercise for us to engage in it will never occur, because without Issan-Rayong those in the BKK metro area and south would starve to death!!!

Take a look at the last election results. They were fairly clear cut.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30089664

Chamlong warns police of people's uprising if protesters forcefully dispersed

Chamlong Srimuang, a co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, Friday warned police that the people nationwide will rise up against the police and government if police use force to break up demonstrations.

Chamlong said the PAD has prepared the third set of leaders to lead the protesters if the firs and second sets of leaders were arrested.

If all leaders were arrested, the people would rise up against the government and no one would be there to control the angry crowds, he said.

The Nation

Wishful thinking at best. Most Thai's just want this problem to go away so they can get back to business as usual.