Chinese Pancakes For Crispy Duck

icequeen

Does anyone have any idea where I can buy chinese pancakes, I want to make crispy duck for some friends but cannot find the pancakes anywhere, surely somewhere must have them - pleeease help!

Have been looking for over a year with no luck. Even difficult to find Hosein sauce. Can make pancakes but far from easy. Decided to get crispy duck meal at a restaurant, but cannot find one that serves it

Hey, hey, hey!! Here's a thread I can help with!

They have the rice pancakes you seek at Villa Market on Sukhumvit Soi 11. They're sort of hidden.....on a shelf just behind where their fresh breads are located (very near the dairy section).

Hope that helps!

CHEERS!

D

Hey, hey, hey!! Here's a thread I can help with!

They have the rice pancakes you seek at Villa Market on Sukhumvit Soi 11. They're sort of hidden.....on a shelf just behind where their fresh breads are located (very near the dairy section).

Hope that helps!

CHEERS!

D

if you guys are looking for a good restaurant selling crispy duck, there is one that i like to go to at Charoen Nakhon Rd, can't remember which soi but its along the road with big neon sign. thai chinese restaurant

Rice? I've seen those in the bakery section at Villa Pattaya, and those are Vietnamese spring roll wrappers. You get them wet, and roll up your vegetables in them. If they don't carry the duck pancakes at Villa, and you don't want to make the Chinese flour pancakes, you can buy tortillas at Villa, instead.

Galettes-de-riz.jpg

vietspringrolls1.jpgvietspringrolls2.jpg

2254049840_637e00c5eb.jpg

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any idea where I can buy chinese pancakes, I want to make crispy duck for some friends but cannot find the pancakes anywhere, surely somewhere must have them - pleeease help!

I made the pancakes once and they came out pretty good, but I don't seem to have the recipe. It wasn't that hard to do. I would look for mu (or moo) shu pork pancake recipes because where I am from they serve a steamed layered bun for peking duck instead of the pancake that you are describing.

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, anyone know the restaurant name who have Goose instead of duck for ' peking duck '

Pancake( peking duck receipt )

230 of plain flour

250 boiling water

Makes a dough with water + flour let rest for 15 minutes.

Form the dough in a roll 5-cm diameter and cut it in 1.5-cm slice.

Roll the slice into 15-cm diameter pancakes.

Brush each pancake one side only with sesame oil and place one pancake on top of another, the oiled sides facing each other.

Sandwich the remaining pancakes in the same way.

Place a heavy, ungreased frying pane over a moderate heat, when hot place a double –pancake in the pane and heat for about 3 minutes on each side (some brown spots will appear and some of the pancake will start to bubble)

When cook pull the pancake apart into two, fold each one across the centre, on the greased side.

Steam for 10 minutes before serving.

I done a peking duck once, said I am a pro at food, been working to a few 3* Michelin places before.

The complicated food I ever cook was ‘ le lievre a la royal ‘

My duck turn up good, but my pancake was still to sick***

My suggestion you really need to have a laminoir or a heavy rolling pin, a wood one will not be good enough