State Of Emergency Declared

george

Ok, I cried BS when a poster said this earlier, but...

"We will not leave. We will use human shields against the police if they try to disperse us," PAD leader Suriyasai Katasila told Reuters news agency.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7752012.stm

IF this statement is actually true then they are nothing more than terrorist scum and should be dealt with accordingly.

They were calling this the "final battle". It doesn't sound like they were joking either.

hey judas...you are American right? are you a good 'ol boy from down south?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure whether to shake my head or just chuckle over how many people have this notion that Thailand's economy revolves around

Suvarnabhumi airport !

I guess they should just shut down all the ports, railways, border crossings and other airports in the country, because all of Thailand depends solely on Suvarnabhumi (or so it seems after reading a couple thousand posts over the last couple of days) !

Oh right, almost forgot. Seems some think that Thailand's economy is also entirely dependant on tourism, and these protests have "irrevocably and permanently damaged" Thailand's tourism industry.

So glad to see so many professors of Economy here sharing their knowledge with the masses.

Off to read more pearls of wisdom, whilst enjoying a head shaking chuckle. :o

I had to shake my head after reading your post.

Obviously not the entire economy revolves around one airport, but for you to deny that it's not a huge player in the economy is absurd. Do you think that if you close an international airport that only tourism will suffer? :D

Edited by tropo

"We will not leave. We will use human shields against the police if they try to disperse us," PAD leader Suriyasai Katasila told Reuters news agency.

IF this statement is actually true then they are nothing more than terrorist scum and should be dealt with accordingly.

By all accounts all tourists have left the airport.

And so by "Human shields" they will be referring to themselves, it is not as though they are using unwilling hostages to take the flack/bullets or whatever for them.

Think objectively here, even the PAD would not be so stupid as to do such a thing.

You would think, and yet...

'Human shields' is a pretty well-known term and it doesn't mean using yourself. It's been said now. No point rationalizing it or thinking up alternative meanings. It's threatening and inflammatory and there's no need to play a risky guessing game on the off-chance something else was meant. It's basically terrorism, along with their latest remarks that they will leave the airports but return the next day as well as choking up major roads in the city and ground Bangkok to a halt. These are aggressive, malicious threats.

They were calling this the "final battle". It doesn't sound like they were joking either.

NO, I'm not American. What's your point?

I'm very selfish tonight.

I just want to be able to go home and see my family!!!

I'm fed up being stuck in Tokyo.

Did you think of catching a plane into penang (if that's possible) and taking the train in? I can't think of any other way of getting into the country right now, but something like that would probably of got you in quicker.

I've been researching this to get mom out. The quickest route I can find to Bangkok is to get to either KL or Singabore and take either a Tiger, Air Asia or Malaysia Airlines flight into Phuket. There are still plenty available. figured I'd drop that in. You can also transit in through Siem Reap, Phnom Penh or Samui (and no doubt other provincial locales), but these are less convenient and more expensive because of the monopolies and limited traffic.

Bus to Hadyai, van to Penang, then Air Asia to KL, 5 times a day for ~1500 THB.

Well, I have some friends stuck in Jakarta too.I T seems all Asia flights to Phuket, Chang Mai are fully booked. Even Air Asia from KL or Singapore.

You're right, probably the only way is Penang and bus.

Early this morning, 200 people on waiting list for tomorrow on Thai from Tokyo

Another option is to fly Flireflyz (a subsidiary of Malaysian Airlines) from Kuala Lumpur To Samui. I am not sure how frequent the flights are but an option. Its quite cheap and departs from Subang Airport instead of KLIA (or LCCT). The link to the airline, http://www.fireflyz.com.my/

Good Luck

Yeah what is your point? Are you a Brit pining for the good old days of centuries past when ENgland actually meant something compared to now when it's a little island off the coast of Europe?

NO, I'm not American. What's your point?

I'm not sure whether to shake my head or just chuckle over how many people have this notion that Thailand's economy revolves around

Suvarnabhumi airport !

I guess they should just shut down all the ports, railways, border crossings and other airports in the country, because all of Thailand depends solely on Suvarnabhumi (or so it seems after reading a couple thousand posts over the last couple of days) !

Oh right, almost forgot. Seems some think that Thailand's economy is also entirely dependant on tourism, and these protests have "irrevocably and permanently damaged" Thailand's tourism industry.

So glad to see so many professors of Economy here sharing their knowledge with the masses.

well its clear that you are no expert..have you any idea how many flights are pushed in and out from how many countries, carrying how many people,cargo and essential air mail for business?..its huge...and the effect of worlwide media who beat everything out of proportion make a huge impact.I know this because my own family in Australia thinks i should come as they've heard the country is unstable!!!

Suvarnabhumi airport !

well its clear that you are no expert..have you any idea how many flights are pushed in and out from how many countries, carrying how many people,cargo and essential air mail for business?..its huge...and the effect of worlwide media who beat everything out of proportion make a huge impact.I know this because my own family in Australia thinks i should come as they've heard the country is unstable!!!

It is UNSTABLE. What planet are you living on?

Youhouuu a new mobile phone market in town :D

Regarding the lady, I couldn't resist to laugh, it reminds me a cartoon when I was young named "M.A.S.K." :o

Do you think she will stay until the end of this "final battle"? :D

Hey, lay off the Educated Bangkok elite will you. Anybody got anymore pics? Espesiclly ones with Falang PAD in them.

for the reason you used the words "terrorist scum"..sounds like an American term...to me "terrorist scum" are such as the bali bombers ect..these people may be a little ignorant..maybe a bit "challenged" but they are ordinary Thai people and most thai people from my experience are basically good natured...and terrorist scum usually have exremist religious beliefs

I'm very selfish tonight.

I just want to be able to go home and see my family!!!

I'm fed up being stuck in Tokyo.

Did you think of catching a plane into penang (if that's possible) and taking the train in? I can't think of any other way of getting into the country right now, but something like that would probably of got you in quicker.

I've been researching this to get mom out. The quickest route I can find to Bangkok is to get to either KL or Singabore and take either a Tiger, Air Asia or Malaysia Airlines flight into Phuket. There are still plenty available. figured I'd drop that in. You can also transit in through Siem Reap, Phnom Penh or Samui (and no doubt other provincial locales), but these are less convenient and more expensive because of the monopolies and limited traffic.

Bus to Hadyai, van to Penang, then Air Asia to KL, 5 times a day for ~1500 THB.

Well, I have some friends stuck in Jakarta too.I T seems all Asia flights to Phuket, Chang Mai are fully booked. Even Air Asia from KL or Singapore.

You're right, probably the only way is Penang and bus.

Early this morning, 200 people on waiting list for tomorrow on Thai from Tokyo

Another option is to fly Flireflyz (a subsidiary of Malaysian Airlines) from Kuala Lumpur To Samui. I am not sure how frequent the flights are but an option. Its quite cheap and departs from Subang Airport instead of KLIA (or LCCT). The link to the airline, http://www.fireflyz.com.my/

Good Luck

twice a week each way Jaiaya Air

for the reason you used the words "terrorist scum"..sounds like an American term...to me "terrorist scum" are such as the bali bombers ect..these people may be a little ignorant..maybe a bit "challenged" but they are ordinary Thai people and most thai people from my experience are basically good natured...and terrorist scum usually have exremist religious beliefs

Have there or have there not been people killed as a direct result of situations created by PAD supporters over the past few weeks/months?

Youhouuu a new mobile phone market in town :D

Regarding the lady, I couldn't resist to laugh, it reminds me a cartoon when I was young named "M.A.S.K." :o

Do you think she will stay until the end of this "final battle"? :D

Hey, lay off the Educated Bangkok elite will you. Anybody got anymore pics? Espesiclly ones with Falang PAD in them.

Bangkok elite? I don't like that word, Sir... Nobody is an elite, everybody are human being

Here is your "farang" (I don't like that word too, chinese are chinese, korean are korean, but white skinned are farang... bull****)

post-63731-1227808017_thumb.jpg

Ok, it wasn't my post you were referring to, however I do agree that any PAD protestor willing to use another person as a human shield is as good as "terrorist scum"...and that's coming from a non-American. Surprised?

24:00pm Thai Rath reports that Democrat MP and PAD Leader Somkiart has threatened to block 50 intersections in Bangkok and surround the city halls in the 16 southern provinces as well as close the highway in Chumpon (I assume them blocking off the route to Bangkok. Also, the court has ordered PAD out of Don Muang airport immediately.

It looks like their next target is to create total traffic congestion in Bangkok so that nobody can go to work anymore tomorrow morning.

Oh PAD, how much you must love Thailand.

post-67611-1227808094_thumb.jpg

Another for translation. This one is cute, it has a heart. :o

I think it says we want a car(ride) to pick up our relative who has taken up residence in Suvarnabhumi. It's not clear if the person is stuck at Suvarnabhumi or willingly there.

Edited by wasabi

For all of you who seem to confuse PAD with terrorists, I would think that yesterday's terrorist attacks in Mumbai should have reminded you what real terrorism is. PAD are political protesters, not terrorists. PAD has been on the receiving end of government sponsored attacks, trumpeted by that Seh Daeng madman. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think PAD has not killed anyone so far.

It is UNSTABLE. What planet are you living on?

Unstable in political terms...Yes..but does that mean the PAD is going to break down my hotel door and and strangle me with a yellow shirt..should i and every other farang leave the country by train??

If you want to live in a country that respects democracy, personal freedom and the rule of law you should leave any way you can. None of those three items apply to Thailand. And if you have children here, do you want them to live in a place with no sunshine laws, where information to the public from ALL public agencies is restricted and where they can't go more than five years without a coup? Get on that train brutha! I'm leaving by plane in the next few weeks when flights start running. I started packing today. NO KIDDING.

By all accounts all tourists have left the airport.

And so by "Human shields" they will be referring to themselves, it is not as though they are using unwilling hostages to take the flack/bullets or whatever for them.

Think objectively here, even the PAD would not be so stupid as to do such a thing.

You would think, and yet...

'Human shields' is a pretty well-known term and it doesn't mean using yourself. It's been said now. No point rationalizing it or thinking up alternative meanings. It's threatening and inflammatory and there's no need to play a risky guessing game on the off-chance something else was meant. It's basically terrorism, along with their latest remarks that they will leave the airports but return the next day as well as choking up major roads in the city and ground Bangkok to a halt. These are aggressive, malicious threats.

For Christs sake

THEY WHERE USING AN ANALOGY.