State Of Emergency Declared

george

They should do it at the begining already. They wait to long to act. Every day they wait, more difficult i's gonna be. Democracy not works in such cases. It's bad to say, but true: In the US or im "Dritten Reich" (old Germany in the past) or even in Irak under Saddams Rules, a air port occupation like this would or could never happen.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the live TV stream from Suvarnabhumi, it appears that there are significantly fewer people in the audience today, and most of them are no longer wearing yellow.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/

Wasn't there the rumor that 18:00 hrs. - Friday, Nov. 28th it's all over and by Saturday things are back to normal?

But then the PAD set target hasn't been achieved "little Somchai" sits tough, so does his Government.

If Chiang Mai Town Hall get's occupied, I wonder where they would set up "Emergency Meetings" next?

The big speech date is actually on Dec 4, less than a week away, but why don't we figure out how to sort the mess ourselves for once?

I disagree with Bendix premise - there are lots of people onr the govt/red side that won't be persuaded by anything coming from the top, and these people are in charge of formulating govt policies and response to the situation.

There is no magic solution.

It is UNSTABLE. What planet are you living on?

Unstable in political terms...Yes..but does that mean the PAD is going to break down my hotel door and and strangle me with a yellow shirt..should i and every other farang leave the country by train??

If you want to live in a country that respects democracy, personal freedom and the rule of law you should leave any way you can. None of those three items apply to Thailand. And if you have children here, do you want them to live in a place with no sunshine laws, where information to the public from ALL public agencies is restricted and where they can't go more than five years without a coup? Get on that train brutha! I'm leaving by plane in the next few weeks when flights start running. I started packing today. NO KIDDING.

Are you having a garage sale?

yeah buddy. I'll be selling my desktop Dell that I bought in December, my Honda City (three years old) a TV and other sundries. You can mail me if you're interested.

actually old mate,since there are no flights, how much do you want for that honda?..will it get me to loas?...id prefer to have a thai style of holiday as it was 50 years ago

I offer 80.000 for everything together.

Not only the supporter of a terrorist organization, now also a war profiteur, are we?

Reports from hotels are saying the airport is clear and flights will resume today if not tonight. Guests are packing ready to go home... anyone heard more

As the airport is still full of demonstrators, no security sweep has happened and no airplanes are there, this seems a really weird statement. Another one living in some parallel universe.

any experts? how difficult is it to take the airport without guns considering that PAD may has some basic anti tear gas gear and may brake in all offices to hide there. As well some might be armed with guns.

What they can do else in the worst case, destroy essentiell computers to ensure no normal operations for a while.

Fortunately they are not kamikaze. They'll run and will sue the police if one of them broke a nail.

They are cowards but I do not blame them.

It's better to be a coward than a hero.

AND SUE THE POLICE .... what planet are you from?

It is UNSTABLE. What planet are you living on?

Unstable in political terms...Yes..but does that mean the PAD is going to break down my hotel door and and strangle me with a yellow shirt..should i and every other farang leave the country by train??

If you want to live in a country that respects democracy, personal freedom and the rule of law you should leave any way you can. None of those three items apply to Thailand. And if you have children here, do you want them to live in a place with no sunshine laws, where information to the public from ALL public agencies is restricted and where they can't go more than five years without a coup? Get on that train brutha! I'm leaving by plane in the next few weeks when flights start running. I started packing today. NO KIDDING.

Are you having a garage sale?

yeah buddy. I'll be selling my desktop Dell that I bought in December, my Honda City (three years old) a TV and other sundries. You can mail me if you're interested.

actually old mate,since there are no flights, how much do you want for that honda?..will it get me to loas?...id prefer to have a thai style of holiday as it was 50 years ago

I offer 80.000 for everything together.

Not only the supporter of a terrorist organization, now also a war profiteur, are we?

How about 1,000 Baht for every day the current government stays in power.... I'll setup a direct payment on the 1st of each month, starting December 1st just to get you going....

Edited by scratt

It is truly amazing to me that so many people from democratic nations are for a coup.

Obviously you people are not the smarter and educated among your own people. HAA HAA

I read that poor stupid people get their votes bought so democracy cannot work here. But I think logically that the other side can and does try to pay the poor more but the poor still vote for the same party under a new name.

So I think that argument is nonsense.

Has it occurred to most of you that this is a cultural and geographic fight?

Issan people and the people in Bangkok do not like each other.

They do not even speak the same language at home.

The problem facing the Thai Elite who have done 20 coups in the past is that the world community will no longer tolerate the nonsense. One or two more coups by thie elite here and Thailand will be turned into a Burma like wreck by world trade sanctions against it.

As far as tourism here goes, it is near dead now and will be killed by a long fight combined with a world recession.

The Thai economy likely goes to negative GDP growth this quarter or next.

Crime will increase drastically,

Many wealthy Thais are leaving.

The foreign tourists will leave soon too.

Either Thailand becomes a real democracy or it will become a real wreck--as in Burma.

From the live TV stream from Suvarnabhumi, it appears that there are significantly fewer people in the audience today, and most of them are no longer wearing yellow.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/

foreign sitesare reporting MORE not fewer protesters at the airport, ta leastb the asian channels. nothing on wesetrn channels of course

That might be what the foreign sites are reporting, but have a look yourself at the TV stream the next time they go live from Suvarnabhumi. There are FAR fewer people than last night. The audience area looks to be only slightly more than half full, and it was jammed early evening yesterday (before Somchai's speech).

any experts? how difficult is it to take the airport without guns considering that PAD may has some basic anti tear gas gear and may brake in all offices to hide there. As well some might be armed with guns.

What they can do else in the worst case, destroy essentiell computers to ensure no normal operations for a while.

Fortunately they are not kamikaze. They'll run and will sue the police if one of them broke a nail.

AND SUE THE POLICE .... what planet are you from?

Of course they will. As well the court already issued some prohibitions to some tear gas (I don't know the details) for the October 7 crackdown.

Waiting for blood to be spilled more like, the attitude behind some of these posts is beyond a joke. Thai people will deal with thier Thai problem in a Thai way, stop bitching about it and go and play golf or something......

Solent01, you're the only one bitching here. I'm just waiting patiently for news.

It is truly amazing to me that so many people from democratic nations are for a coup.

Obviously you people are not the smarter and educated among your own people. HAA HAA

I read that poor stupid people get their votes bought so democracy cannot work here. But I think logically that the other side can and does try to pay the poor more but the poor still vote for the same party under a new name.

The problem facing the Thai Elite who have done 20 coups in the past is that the world community will no longer tolerate the nonsense. One or two more coups by thie elite here and Thailand will be turned into a Burma like wreck by world trade sanctions against it.

As far as tourism here goes, it is near dead now and will be killed by a long fight combined with a world recession.

Either Thailand becomes a real democracy or it will become a real wreck--as in Burma.

Very true. For claiming to be a Buddhist country, Thailand is one of the most dishonest, scam ridden countries on the planet where rule of law never has existed. Pay off the police, and the corruption is from the restaurant, taxi driver all the way to the top. Thailand is the only country where dishonesty is ingrained in children as being OK as long as you save face...by the way, "saving face" and self serving ego's are also non-Buddhist principles. The nation of double standards, lies, deceit all the while claiming they're a religious, Buddhist country (the #1 prostitution country on the planet...oh, but prostitution is illegal in Thailand)! ...Gee, I forgot...they do anything for money, steal the government, pull over cars or bring you to the police station for a bribe, turn off the taxi meter, turn a blind eye to hundreds of tourists murdered...what an amazing country! I want to live there right now!

No wonder Thai news isn't even a blip on the news on my country...no one cares because Thailand is one of the lowest on the respect scale...copyrights? What are those? Let's copy everything, steal everything, sell our family members and lie about it.

Sad because it could be such a successful country but even Thais are pilfering Thailand...anything for personal gain, ethics and morals out the door (oops, I forgot, they teach the kids to lie, cheat and steal when they're young).

My 4 trips there this year and months staying revealed Thailand is also one of the most prejudice countries on the planet, as well. My wife has endured some NASTY treatment from ethnic Thais only because of where she's born and her lack of money to become educated....if they had it their way, she wouldn't be able to vote solely because of her lack of resources when she was young. What nice Buddhists they truly are! By the way, there's no such thing as a pure blood Thai any more than there is a pure blooded UK, American, German, etc. Go far enough back and there was mixing...if there wasn't, we'd all look the same as the first humans on the planet.

It's so sad the good hearted poor suffer from the "my sh don't stink" wealthy dictator mongering class loving stuck up self absorbed, materialistic conceited idiots claiming they have Thailand in their best interest.

They need to take the kid gloves off and quash this crap asap for hijacking the airports and government buildings--It's terrorism! Real democratic nations wouldn't stand for this crap...nail em all, put the rest in jail and be done with it. Let them know if they want to hang around for this life, leave and don't infringe upon other's rights, then deal with the rest swiftly while they commit treason! If they want to protest, let them go to Benja Selee Park or apply for a protest permit and give them a location where it won't disrupt innocent businesses and tourists. Stupidity runs deep, far and wide!

Edited by HYENA

Just wondering, how many Swampy workers, security, what ever are PAD sympathisers.

Bet there are quite a few, no problem to take over the airport.

Did they take over, "The Magic Food Point"?

Edited by Zpete

This just in via Nation breaking news SMS:

Chamlong warns of massive uprising by PAD supporters if group leaders are arrested; says 3rd generation leaders have been appointed to carry on.

So this thing doesn't end if the airports are liberated and the PAD leaders arrested.....

Very true. For claiming to be a Buddhist country, Thailand is one of the most dishonest, scam ridden countries on the planet where rule of law never has existed. Pay off the police, and the corruption is from the restaurant, taxi driver all the way to the top. Thailand is the only country where dishonesty is ingrained in children as being OK as long as you save face...by the way, "saving face" and self serving ego's are also non-Buddhist principles. The nation of double standards, lies, deceit all the while claiming they're a religious, Buddhist country (the #1 prostitution country on the planet...oh, but prostitution is illegal in Thailand)! ...Gee, I forgot...they do anything for money, steal the government, pull over cars or bring you to the police station for a bribe, turn off the taxi meter, turn a blind eye to hundreds of tourists murdered...what an amazing country! I want to live there right now!

No wonder Thai news isn't even a blip on the news on my country...no one cares because Thailand is one of the lowest on the respect scale...copyrights? What are those? Let's copy everything, steal everything, sell our family members and lie about it.

Sad because it could be such a successful country but even Thais are pilfering Thailand...anything for personal gain, ethics and morals out the door (oops, I forgot, they teach the kids to lie, cheat and steal when they're young).

My 4 trips there this year and months staying revealed Thailand is also one of the most prejudice countries on the planet, as well. My wife has endured some NASTY treatment from ethnic Thais only because of where she's born and her lack of money to become educated....if they had it their way, she wouldn't be able to vote solely because of her lack of resources when she was young. What nice Buddhists they truly are! By the way, there's no such thing as a pure blood Thai any more than there is a pure blooded UK, American, German, etc. Go far enough back and there was mixing...if there wasn't, we'd all look the same as the first humans on the planet.

It's so sad the good hearted poor suffer from the "my sh don't stink" wealthy dictator mongering class loving stuck up self absorbed, materialistic conceited idiots claiming they have Thailand in their best interest.

They need to take the kid gloves off and quash this crap asap for hijacking the airports and government buildings--It's terrorism! Real democratic nations wouldn't stand for this crap...nail em all, put the rest in jail and be done with it. Let them know if they want to hang around for this life, leave and don't infringe upon other's rights, then deal with the rest swiftly while they commit treason! If they want to protest, let them go to Benja Selee Park or apply for a protest permit and give them a location where it won't disrupt innocent businesses and tourists. Stupidity runs deep, far and wide!

Very well put .

I believe the masks will fall very soon.

What a bleedin' joke.

After all of the muscle flexing and the SOE what happens? NOTHING, not only do the police do nowt, but they don't even turn up. This shows just what an incompetent bunch of fools this government really are and the sooner they are gone the better because asides from other things, this country needs a leader.

For the time being though it looks as though Anupong is boss. He has gotten his toys out for everybody else to see and his toys are the biggest and the best. Somchai has nothing but a borrowed train set and even that does nothing but go round in circles because it doesn't have any straight bits.

The world is having a good old giggle at Thailand's expense again.

What a bunch of numpties.

don't get it? of course nothing happen. what should happen? hwho was and is muscle flexing? has battle and warrior chants?

someone make his hands dirty with the PAD cult? No. PAD is Scum nobody want to touch. PAD got more or less irgnored like an internet troll and that since month. i told that before was laughed out for this. somchai still there and PAD strenght declining. losing. anything achieved from, the PAD goals. No, Nothing. zero. 34 last wars and 1 final battle. 57 times claimed victory. and so what. what happens. Nothing. stinky Scum - don't touch. that is exact the strategy. brilliant!

first: HURRA HURRA. rattle, rattle, rattle. PAD Scum got the airport and... and now? who cares about scumbags. other things are more important, much more. look into a calendar, must be a thai calender.

how cares if someone outside can not tell thailand from taiwan sees a 2 minutes news clip and than switch the channel.

if you think in the long run, global and economic wise and want there a future, don't hang out with the PAD scum.

ignore them. nobody will come and kick theier butts. that is only the PAD scum wet dream. will not happen.

there will also not be a team Red attack. No, nothing like this will happen. why they should do that?

the only question right now is: WHAT WILL THE PAD DO NEXT?

proPAD cult zombies, any ideas? something new on new politics? you can go home now.

Somchai is staying in Chiang Mai for a few days and is running government by teleconference. He clearly lacks the confidence to return to Bangkok. He should definitely be in Bangkok, visible and looking strong if he has declared a state of emergency. His and the governments weakness are quite visible now. This is fast looking like government in exile.

This just in via Nation breaking news SMS:

Chamlong warns of massive uprising by PAD supporters if group leaders are arrested; says 3rd generation leaders have been appointed to carry on.

So this thing doesn't end if the airports are liberated and the PAD leaders arrested.....

Here's the full report just posted on Bangkok post:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=132351

PAD vows to continue; designates 3rd-generation leaders

Web www.bangkokpost.com

PAD vows to continue; designates 3rd-generation leaders

1,200 Germans cancel Thai holidays

Govt preparing to impose Emergency Decree

Army plays down coup rumours

GDP to nosedive next year, UTCC forecast

UDD threatens to take action against PAD

House Speaker sympathises with army chief

Chamlong: PAD movements worthwhile

AOT pressuring PAD to leave Suvarnabhumi

Cabinet meeting to be held in Chiang Mai

The People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) insisted it would maintain the current demonstrations despite the government declaring a state of emergency on the two airports being used by the PAD as protest venues.

PAD core figure Chamlong Srimuang, during a speech Friday morning at the Suvarnabhumi airport protest site, said his group would continue to maintain its demonstrations despite expectations the police would move in. He said police were deterred from dispersing the demonstration because the PAD was prepared for such a move.

Maj Gen Chamlong said the PAD had already designated individuals to take up positions as third-generation group leaders, should the current core figures be apprehended by police. He did not reveal the individuals' identity. Arrest of all the PAD's current leaders would trigger a massive uprising by the group's supporters, warned Chamlong.

Somchai holds teleconference of permanent secretaries on emergency measures

Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat held a videoconference of 40 permanent secretaries and heads of ministry-level agencies at the Interior Ministries.

The meeting was held at the Interior Ministry at 11 am.

The meeting was held for the prime minister to brief the top permanent officials of the emergency, which has been partially declared in Bangkok.

Source: The Nation - 28 November 2008

It's not about courts anymore, a state of emergency has been imposed. The police doesn't need to wait for a court order anymore.

Hay Rainman sounds like you just want to see more violence and bloodshed from the police et. It is not your country nor your business. It sickenss me to read your shallow comments!!!!!!!

Me too! Whatever it takes to extract those fools from the airport is fine by me. It should have happened on Tuesday evening.

Great! Then what's stopping you from putting on your red shirt, going down there and helping the cause?

From my six trips this year, I'd agree completely.

I don't support the PAD but they did test Somchai the PM and he looks so weak I think he should resign. What leader of a civilized nation wouldn't have stopped this on day one and be resorted to scurrying out the back door and hopping over fences and now teleconferencing. He clearly does not wield the respect and power to govern this nation.

PM has no schedule to return to Bangkok, apparently fearing coup: spokeswoman

Chiang Mai - Deputy Government Spokeswoman Suparat Nakboonnam said Friday that Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat has no schedule to return to Bangkok in the near future.

She said Somchai decided to remain in Chiang Mai as part of security measures due to uncertainty related to the moves of the armed forces.

All moves of the prime minister will be held confidential for safety reasons, she said.

The prime minister will resort to teleconference meeting with other Cabinet members in Bangkok, she said.

Source: The Nation - 28 November 2008