Suvarnabhumi PAD Protest Continues

Jai Dee

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best face saving solution.

Courts speed up PPP dissolution to 2nd or 3rd before big speech.

Ax falls on 3 parties and changes balance in Parliment.

Cabinet falls,

HRM asks protestors to leave, they do job done.

Leaders happily go to court and argue their case.

This saves face for all.

And gets it cleared out with no violence.

As noted above; the police don't want blood on their hands FOREVER

for a government that is not likely to EVER last 2 weeks more....if till the end of the week.

Army same thought, if they can wait till courts move, so be it.

The ONLY one desperate for this to go very bad is Thaksin so

he can imagine he swoops in as hero.

Either way, he will let, loose his red shirts for a spell.

Sunday maybe?

No matter how this ends that seems in the cards.

But if the army moves in on a red/yellow street riot they will

do it for public order and not to back the cabinet.

It is beyond concepts of 'democratic mandate' at this point,

it is down to ABILITY to run the country,

and the cabinet has lost that ability clearly.

There is no respect from them at all left.

Why and for what reasons make no difference, it is lost.

Edited by animatic

Thought #1: Sondhi says they will shoot back at police. I think that clears it up if they're armed or not. This is an armed hostage taking of the airport. Will someone wake up?

Thought #2: 100,000 tourists who can't leave now. This may grow to 300,000 by Monday. Thailand, grow up. Do something.

#1: The protesters are (or were in the past) not armed, but that does not mean that the guards in his private property is not armed.

As well the court ruled already that the ASTV broadcast is legal and there is no state of emergency at the ASTV building, so what the heck does the police want to do there?

The domestic terrorists that are occupying Government House and the two Bangkok airports are duping the PAD supporters by telling them that their collective action will improve the quality of life for all Thais. The terrorists are using women, children and the elderly as human shields to accomplish their limited agenda. The governments failure is huge however the terrorist actions by core PAD leaders is reprehensible. The leaders of PAD need to be removed from society, perhaps for decades, as punishment for despicable acts against humanity. There is no justification for endangering the public and crippling the economy.

The PAD supporters here on TV are unfortunate lap dogs of a domestic terrorist group. It's hard to believe so many seemingly intelligent people can totally be affected psychologically by the PAD propaganda machine. There is NO justification for what is happening now. If this wasn't such a serious situation many of us could have a good laugh at people drawing romantic parallels to revolutions past. We all should feel sorry for every victim now and for those who will fall during the impending violence.

Could not disagree more with you....

My wife was involved in the 92 protest, and has the scars to prove it. She has actively supported the PAD, goals and asperations with substantial sums of money. (And she is usually a cheap person when it comes to Her money). Look at some of the post of people that went to government house, look at the pictures of all the middle age women. They are the Patriots of this game. Look at the picture of the 50's something fat woman with her foot blown off on Oct 7th. (She was a death on wheels threat to the government I am sure).

The fact is there is one man responsible for this, along with what I call his clan. Eliminate him, and all will be peaceful.

When Thaskin deemed respect and admiration for the Monarchy, "old fashion" he well crossed the line. His rant a week ago, again about the Monarch, brought the response from General Ampong that he would have to answer for those kind of statements when he is on Thai soil again.

The RIGHT to protest is a protected RIGHT in the constitution of Thailand, so far from being domestic terrorist, they are indeed the patriots of Thailand trying to keep a convicted criminal from turning this into his personal fiefdom.

With all this talk of removing the PAD with violence, are there still airline passengers stuck at the airport? Does anyone care about their safety?

According to multiple reports the past few days all passengers are out of the airport and have been for quite some time now.

BBC shows a handful of cops standing around and one with his hands in his pockets! that cracked me up, didn't think there were enough room in them tights for pockets . They looked really intimidating not! Can they fly in the Indian commandos , pretty sure it would clear the airport really quick

I don't think so (the bit about civil war). The notion of northern Thais taking up arms against southern Thais just isn't going to happen. Lawlessness; corruption; economic impasse and confusion - yes. Long-term damage to the nation's world image and credibility; loss of world-standing - quite likely. Coup and counter-coup - probably. But civil war? Nope - 'don't think so.

The basic factors are allthere . Remember that is is going on and on for a lot longer that most people remember ( Thai politics had so many coups that they are allready countless ) . The differences are growing bigger each single moment as we speak and the people supporting them are also getting more and more determinent . This is why we do not have a military coup at the moment because it isn't the solution . They do not have any solution whatsoever . In some areas you allready have a risk of being killed just by wearing the wrong color . imagine that the yellow people are so determined that they actually fight till death , the reds are not going to give up also , espescially because they know they are with more people . Civil war is counting all factors together much closer then you think .

I wonder if anyone's really managed to capture the "Thai perspective" here. And no, I'm certainly not setting myself up as a subject matter expert in that area... I'm just wondering how many Thais actually see the closure of these airports as the kind of terrorist act or assault on humanity that's getting so much play here on TV. Perhaps that really is the mindset; or perhaps those posting here are more directly impacted and driven to stronger attitudes by these events than those we try to speak for. Now I'm the first to concede that when political events DO spin out of control, it can all go bad in a single heartbeat. I just keep coming to the conclusion in this case that the social divide we're talking about is a continuing curse Thailand has to deal with, but that the balloon's not going up over it.

BBC :D There are always on the ball I mean they do know Bangkok is capital of Cambodia right as we know if problem in Cambodia its reported from Bangkok in Cambodia better secure Phnom Phen airport :D

I think it would be wise to not consider ASTV a 'news source', for posts here or otherwise.

Also the 'live feed' shows what their spin doctors want you to see.

Stick with the BBC.

Yeah, BBC has a long history of being fair and balanced and never spin anything... :o

Whatever source you pick, always be critical.

Need to remove the PAD from the airport by any means possible... this isnt rocket science, this isnt that hard.

-Cut power/water

-blockade roads into the airport

-rubber bullets, tear gas, water cannons

-jam mobile phones

Overwhelm them with a superior force. If you need to use force do so - after warning them what will come if they do not disperse.

Yes, except that:

1) neither the police nor the armed forces are trained to any useful degree in crowd control

2) neither the police nor the armed forces want to do the job anyway

Result: either stalemate or mayhem, probaly the former, as now

The overall description - insurgency - "n. an organized movement aimed at the overthrow of a constituted government through use of subversion and armed conflict."

in⋅sur⋅rec⋅tion   /ˌɪnsəˈrɛkʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [in-suh-rek-shuhn] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun an act or instance of rising in revolt, rebellion, or resistance against civil authority or an established government.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

1425–75; late ME < LL insurrēctiōn- (s. of insurrēctiō), equiv. to insurrēct(us) (ptp. of insurgere; see insurgent ) + -iōn- -ion

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

The RIGHT to protest is a protected RIGHT in the constitution of Thailand, so far from being domestic terrorist, they are indeed the patriots of Thailand trying to keep a convicted criminal from turning this into his personal fiefdom.

The right to protest PEACEFULLY.

The PAD is destroying the livelihoods of many Thai people, that want NOTHING to do with any of this. Is that right? Is getting justice for one person more important than the lives of the people of Thailand?

Both sides have gone too far. This must stop, before more people get hurt. PAD has every right to protest. It does not have the right to affect the lives of millions of other Thais that just want to get on with their lives.

Source: Sky News - 29 November 2008

They should release the police officer. Somchai's best option would now seem to be call an election. It is a pity he didnt do this earlier when asked.

He's not a normal police officer. He's Border Police. These are the guys that did all the damage on October 7. I'm sure PAD would like to ask him a few questions.

That's alright then , as long as he is not a normal police officer. :o

The PAD is destroying the livelihoods of many Thai people, that want NOTHING to do with any of this. Is that right? Is getting justice for one person more important than the lives of the people of Thailand?

Both sides have gone too far. This must stop, before more people get hurt. PAD has every right to protest. It does not have the right to affect the lives of millions of other Thais that just want to get on with their lives.

We can't say that we respect the right to protest peacefully, but only if we are not inconvenienced. Either you respect the right to protest peacefully or you don't.

Thought #1: Sondhi says they will shoot back at police. I think that clears it up if they're armed or not. This is an armed hostage taking of the airport. Will someone wake up?

Thought #2: 100,000 tourists who can't leave now. This may grow to 300,000 by Monday. Thailand, grow up. Do something.

I noticed you are quite concerned with the lack of action against the pad, which you obviously hold quite a hatred for. Just wondering if you feel the red shirts in changmai that pulled a elderly man from his truck, beat him tell he lay Unconscious then proceded to execute him with a shot to the head should also be held accountable. Oh by the way rumour has it police there just sat and watched........................... Yea only the yellow shirts have broken the law :o Thank god we have Supreme lord ruler thaksin to save us all

We can't say that we respect the right to protest peacefully, but only if we are not inconvenienced. Either you respect the right to protest peacefully or you don't.

Taking over an airport using violence, or the threat of violence, is clearly not a peaceful protest.

You actually think that another fresh election would do any good to get out of the impasse ?? They did have elections allready 2 times since Thaksin was removed and 2 times they won . If they have a new election now , the victory for PPP will be higher then last time . More and more people are turning their back on PAD for what they are doing now . That is what i see up here .

Nr 2 : you cannot go into fresh elections just because you got a mob raiding a building . Remove the mob ( PAD ) from the buildings if necessary by violent action and detain the leaders because they are destroying the buildings and just doing illegal act's . Afterwards he can go for election but not now . If they are not willing to talk then you have no ground to walk on . In any normal country the government would have this people removed by force allready , even if it takes lives . Protest , yes no problem ... you have that right , taking hostage of the economy and now even policemen , NO . For me , these people are not much different then the ones causing the problems in Mumbai .

For you darling, as you say!

But there is a startling difference, till now they have shown, if so heavy civil disobedience and so far not intentionally killed people at random!

And if after elections taksins lakeys will surface again, (I don't believe so) but if so and needed, the PAD will rear it's head once again! Everyone can be 100% certain of this from today on!

Edited by Samuian

BBC shows a handful of cops standing around and one with his hands in his pockets! that cracked me up, didn't think there were enough room in them tights for pockets . They looked really intimidating not! Can they fly in the Indian commandos , pretty sure it would clear the airport really quick

So the command is pretty clear, get out there but, for the Almighty's sake, don't do anything, what the heck and leave the guns unloaded, just in case!

Looks like time's up for "little Somchai" and his serious warriors!

Can imagine that someone is going ballistic if he watches these pictures... he's going to sue them all!

You are right lets face it footy today big game Sunday city vs utd chelsea vs arsenal lets see PAD vs Footy yeah Footy wins oh and maybe we have rain we all know police are scared of getting wet,

:o:D:D

nothing is going to happen guys until the big boss's big day. at least the bars are still open and drinks available. unless PAD decides to do something about that? oh wait, ThaiBRave is part of them :D so its ok ..

“They have it coming”? It’s difficult to comprehend why some of you sitting cosy at your computers would say that people in a peaceful demonstration should be shot and killed. These are people who are doing what they believe is the right thing to do to save the future of their country

They are fighting against a government that has bought their way into power through duplicity, lies and vote buying. You would be negligent in your duties as a citizen of your country if you didn’t do everything possible to oust these politicians who corrupt the word democracy and everything it stands for

Don’t forget Tak Bai, what is your rush to spill blood on the streets? Who has been inconvenienced by this? Corpulent westerners who want to go home to stuff themselves into a stupor over a holiday weekend? Greedy resort owners on the beaches who have already jacked their prices way beyond the level of service they provide? If your concern is money, this issue transcends money, it is the future of the country at stake.

Something that several of the people posting in favor of peaceful protest are forgetting:

The limit of your personal rights and freedom is the place where the personal rights and freedom of other people begins.

You cannot claim your right to protest or any other right while you are stepping on the rights of other people.

Thought #1: Wake up and pay attention, rainman, and quit counting cards! He was talking about the "guards" at the ASTV television station, not the protestors at the airport. Yes, some are probably armed at the airport, too, but you are using the wrong source to describe an armed hostage taking of the airport. Hostages? The travelers are free to leave. They did take one hostage, a police officer.

Thought #2: I agree, something needs to be done. I think the prime minister dissolving parliament will solve it. But other than that, how to solve it peacefully with no innocent bloodshed? A majority of the protestors are unarmed civilians. Grandmothers, women, children, etc. What's your suggestion, other than just for Thailand to grow up?