The Use Of Colours And Fonts

marquess

I am posting this to see what people think about using fonts and colours on this forum. Of late I have had a number of PM's from the moderators. Firstly I was told that I should not use a large font size (I had only been doing so because it was easier to read when using Times Roman), as it was tantamount to shouting. Having complied with this request, I am now being told to post only in Black and without using any kind of font or colour. Why have fonts and colours if they are not to be used? Or does everyone have to be the same? If so I think that this may well be my last post.

It annoys me as I cannot do it :o

Seriously though, if it pleases you, why not?

Keep in mind though that it annoys some people.

Not worth getting childish about it, apply with the rules.

I managed it there, lol. Dangerous, as when someone tells me I can't do something or it against the rules, guess what I usually do?

Edited by Neeranam

<bitter>

i find it utterly annoying, this is a bloody discussion forum and not some stupid geocities webpage where "little johnny" is learning html.

anyone who disagree's with me can quite frankly go flick their granny's bean tbh.

</bitter>

but that's my opinion :o

It can be a handy way to emphasize something. You took it too far, sort of reminding me of that guy in Dilbert who shouts all the time. If you have trouble reading set your browser to view it in a larger font.

Yes, colours are pretty, but annoying on web boards if overused. I'm somewhat baffled that you can stay on this sometimes chaotic forum for over a year and be fine, but run off in a snit just because you can't play with the html as much as you want to.

Go get a geocities site and make it all in pink 24pt wingdings if you like, then come type normally here as you usually have fairly intelligent posts (we need them). :o

cv

The new font style is very difficult to read, maybe drop the italics.

Whilst the font styles are available, you do need to keep in mind that some of the old farts eye sight isnt as good as it used to be. If people cant read it very well they will just skip over what you've said, then all the effort you've put into making your comments look different (aka stand out) have gone to waste...

If the moderators didn't want us to use different colors and fonts then they would simply remove them from the forum options. While they're at it they could also disable smilies and avatars. :o:D:D:D:D

Lots of forums manage without any of the above, but until Thai Visa disables them l'll keep using the options provided as l wish. If anyone dislikes it then they can just scroll on by, which (no offence intended) is exactly what l do when l see postings by marquess, first too large and now too small. If your eyesight is so poor that you require a larger font then simply adjust your browser settings on your computer, not in your postings.

If the moderators didn't want us to use different colors and fonts then they would simply remove them from the forum options. While they're at it they could also disable smilies and avatars.  :o  :D  :D  :D

No-one said you can't use them.........

It just gets irritating when it is done all the time,

as though you are shouting in my face.

Try a search on Google using the word nettiquette.

It was just a request Marques, if you really need to post in that fashion, then so be it, dont leave the forum for that reason.

Personally I find normal text works ok for me, but if you really want to keep doing it that way, then, up to you, just keep the text to normal size.

If your eyesight is so poor that you require a larger font then simply adjust your browser settings on your computer, not in your postings.[/color]

Of course you may need to adjust, i.e. change your browser, because there does not seem to be any way of changing the displayed font size in Internet Explorer.

However, I would point out that the standard font size is <shout>too small for Thai</shout>. If using the Thai alphabet you need to set the size to 'large' (7 on the numeric scale). The slick way to do it is to select the Thai text and then click on the size pull-down menu.

Edited by Richard W

If your eyesight is so poor that you require a larger font then simply adjust your browser settings on your computer, not in your postings.

... Or you could keep the font size consistant throughout the entire page so that users do not get frustrated modifying the size font constantly per page just to read each post.

Of course you may need to adjust, i.e. change your browser, because there does not seem to be any way of changing the displayed font size in Internet Explorer.

Try this...

View Menu...

Text Size...

Largest...

Does it work for you? Several people have noticed that it does not work for them, and no one has maintained a claim that it works for them. (It does work with Yahoo groups.) It does not work for me. To be specific, it does not work for:

Richard W using Version 6.0.2800.1106C0 under Windows 2000

I intend to grow this list by editing for as long as I can, rather than requoting.