Red Shirts Block Road In Nakhonsawan

G54

I phone the g/f today and she tells me that the 'red shirts' have blocked the main road outside Big C in Nakhon Sawan, closing the road off today (Saturday).

I looked in here and see no information? Anyone know what is happening?

Long way from here to there :o

I phone the g/f today and she tells me that the 'red shirts' have blocked the main road outside Big C in Nakhon Sawan, closing the road off today (Saturday).

I looked in here and see no information? Anyone know what is happening?

Long way from here to there :o

I think she is mistaken. I saw the bridge closure on ASTV news this morning: it was rice farmers protesting that the government still hasn’t completed its negotiations with the rice mills to pay the government guaranteed price for jasmine rice. I don’t recall seeing a redshirt and, in any case, the Redshirts are supporters of the government.

I hope that they get sorted out soon as I am coming home on Friday 19th Dec from Auckland.

However I will be hooning up the bypass.

I will be coming to look for the bookshop around xmas/new year.

Tuesday 9th I'm due 'home'. I see fat chance of getting there to be honest unless I find an alternative route.

I did look at going via Singapore but that is £672 for a one way ticket + getting to Chiang Mai / Phuket or another regional airport. That would also entail my Thai friends driving my car up / down to meet me or me getting a VIP bus.

We can but keep our fingers crossed and hope a resolution is found :o

My house is not that far from Big C so I do have an interest in these 'demonstrations'. Red shirt or otherwise.