Glass Ceiling Method

petepete

• 1 month later...
I think its a fallacy.

If anybody thinks they have to limit themselves to 2 drinks, most likely that person wants more than 2 drinks.

Of course. If you didn't want more than two drinks, there would be no point in limiting yourself.

I think the OP's point is that many have a problem that drinking affects their self-control, so they cannot limit themselves to any higher figure, as by the time they reach their limit, their self-control is compromised and they succumb to the temptation to exceed their limit. Probably by a lot. But two drinks is so little that you should styill be sober enough to be able to stop after that.

I think this method might work if you really wanted to control your alcohol intake, but personally I can't see the point of two drinks. Why not set your limit at zero? Its much easier to count.

SC

This method would not have worked for me. It would have been the worst of two worlds. None of the benefits that come with sobriety, and being miserable because I needed to stop after a few drinks. I always found controlled drinking to be almost as bad as full-blown abuse. I personally don't see the point to it, but if it works for you. Complete abstinence from alcohol is what made my life good.

It would seem to me that if a person needs some mechanism/gimmick to control their alcohol intake, they might think about eliminating it altogether.

It is up to each of us to determine whether we have a problem, and how to deal with it.

Whatever works.

281 days alcohol free

• 2 weeks later...
I think its a fallacy.

If anybody thinks they have to limit themselves to 2 drinks, most likely that person wants more than 2 drinks.

you are right, i am agree with you that if any one wants to stop drinking than it would be very helpful for him and for his health also.