Editing Own Posts.

Axel

Occassionally, I do edit my posts, usually for typos.

Since this afternoon always get a line: Edited by .....on ....

Seems before could switch off this line. Am I blind or anything changed?

Edited by Axel

Also the EDIT feature is only available for your last post in any thread.

You cannot edit earlier posts

Is it for one's last post in a topic, or just for the last post in the topic? When I tried to edit my last post in a topic I couldn't - someone had already replied on a different thread (same topic). I notice I don't get the EDIT button for my last, but old, and not the last reply in another topic.

Also the EDIT feature is only available for your last post in any thread.

You cannot edit earlier posts

You could PM a mod and ask them to do it. :o

I had intended to review my old postings on the Thai Language forum and enlarge the Thai text in the more useful postings to make the text more legible. I can't do that now. :D

I don't think Mandl would appreciate the request to do it for me.

I had intended to review my old postings on the Thai Language forum and enlarge the Thai text in the more useful postings to make the text more legible.  I can't do that now.

Well, if you PM me with a list of post URLs (click on the "Post #" - top right) I could make a start. But maybe the problem - if it really is one - will be sorted out. As a moderator, I can still edit any post of any member, so I can't see the problem.

Well, it's not a real problem. I just thought the edit-function was quite nice.

Even when using the preview bottom, I find after posting a typo I did not see before and might want to correct it, which now is possible only by adding the

"edited'-line and after a while can no longer be done.

For sure, I would not bother anybody to correct my 'comapny' to read 'company'

but it will make me feel guilty. :o

I don't have a problem correcting a post at a member's request. I would hope such requests would primarily be limited to edits that affect the meaning of the word or would help clarify the sentence or the intent of the post.

Feel free to PM me if you need help with this. Mods are also here to help, as strange as that concept may seem to some. :o

mandl

I agree with Axel and Udon.

I want to edit my own posts and cannot be arsed to ask someone else to correct my ambiguous posts.

Can you imagine just how long it will take to explain delete 'this' word and insert 'that'word, and reword this sentence to.

No thanks, too much hassle.

Not an improvement ............

I agree with Axel and Udon.......

./m  with  everyone  else  on  this  one............i  liked  the  old  system  better.  :o

Can we agree on keeping the "Edited by..." line (mods need to know if someone has changed their original post) but allowing editing at any time?

Maybe George can fix it to do that?

Not an improvement ............

I agree with Axel and Udon.......

./m  with  everyone  else  on  this  one............i  liked  the  old  system  better.   :o

Can we agree on keeping the "Edited by..." line (mods need to know if someone has changed their original post) but allowing editing at any time?

Maybe George can fix it to do that?

That would be better if it can be done. One useful change ive noticed is that when someone is replying to a topic their name is in italics rather than bold (persons viewing topic)........its handy in the Thai Visa Forum especially, if i see Dr. or Lopburi replying i know i can move on to the next thread as they will already of covered the posters question.

Edited by thaiflyer1