30-days Border Runs Now Only 15 Days

The difference is that in Spain, they get money, in Thailand we come to spend money.

I have my business in Spain not far from where they come with boats, and have friends who have businesses around the places where immigrants stay after they come fomr Algeria, Marroco,... and it's far worse how they ruine the place then a few lowlife farangs sittng on a beach in Thailand.(Because that's one of the main reasons for the change in law)

Apologize, it's a long time I'm not writing on thaivisa, I coudln't help answering this :

Do thais arrive to Spain by boat through the Gibraltar Strait? :D

I don't understand why when comparing UE laws with thai laws everybody refer to moroccans, rumenians and so, and never to thais.

Thailand is ready to establish a two part agreement, infact brazilians, peruvians, koreans that have an immigration treaty can stay without visa up to 90 days. When european countries will be ready to make such an agreement which allow thai citizens to enter without mess for 90 days, Thailand will do the same with europeans.

I was just ansering the other poster with my post. And if Thais have money to enter the EU, they have no problem in going and or staying or doing business (Thaksin remember :o )

The difference is that in Spain, they get money, in Thailand we come to spend money.

I have my business in Spain not far from where they come with boats, and have friends who have businesses around the places where immigrants stay after they come fomr Algeria, Marroco,... and it's far worse how they ruine the place then a few lowlife farangs sittng on a beach in Thailand.(Because that's one of the main reasons for the change in law)

Apologize, it's a long time I'm not writing on thaivisa, I coudln't help answering this :

Do thais arrive to Spain by boat through the Gibraltar Strait? :D

I don't understand why when comparing UE laws with thai laws everybody refer to moroccans, rumenians and so, and never to thais.

Thailand is ready to establish a two part agreement, infact brazilians, peruvians, koreans that have an immigration treaty can stay without visa up to 90 days. When european countries will be ready to make such an agreement which allow thai citizens to enter without mess for 90 days, Thailand will do the same with europeans.

It was just a try to show how many moralities used in europe. Like peoples die but nobody cares.

In Thailand you stay long time but have money. Well, Thais want to know where from your money. Simular as want to know your country from Thais (but in must worstest scenario than Thais). If you work here/abroad but living here - pay your taxes here. Nothing more. Get proper visa.

Also you from start at better condition than any Thais (because your money). So not think what Thais will love you and give your right to live here only because you have money and want it.

If Thailand wants to know where my money comes, I can sho them, from a legal business. But they don't give us the chance.

Their country, thier laws, I accept that, but doesn't mean I can't have my own opinion about it or have questions on why they do it. Just as I have my opinion and questions on why they do some things in the EU, and belive me, those opinions are far wors then the ones I have about Thailand otherwhise I wouldn't be here.

Edited by BeauKarl

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I live here on a type O visa (Thai Wife) with these new changes if I were to lose my job I would have to leave Thailand :D , since I do not have enough money in the bank to make the cut.

Not many people that live here have an excess cash of 800k to lock down for only a visa. :o

I think you need to read the changes. The 800,000 number you give is wrong it is 400,000.

At least they brought back the 400K number. That makes it better for a lot of people.

but it's still a lot on an account that does nothing.

3 years ago I bought a house, last year I bought 3 and a half rai of land, on my wives name.

That's more then the 400k, but not on my name, so I don't qualify for it.

Once you get the extension you can spend the 400,000. It does not have to stay there.

Don't you need to show the same amount again, to renew the visa?

I am scheduled to leave for my 80 day vacation in Thailand on Tuesday the 9th after rescheduling twice due to airport closure. I had planned to renew my 30 day visa with trips to Angkor Wat and Laos. I went online today and discovered that I cannot renew for 30 days but rather 15 days. I am seriously considering canceling my trip and my 15k budget will go elsewhere. I am not a backpacker. I am a college educated professional male. And what if I was a backpacker?

I can't overemphasize how foolish this move is by the Thai gov't. With tourism reeling they pull something like this out of the blue.

I am seriously considering canceling my Thai vacation and rescheduling to either the Philippines or Mexico.

I really do not understand this lack of judgment by the Thai government.

Make your first trip Laos and go to the Thai conulate in Vientiane and get a 2 entry tourist visa (2000 baht).

That will give you a 60 day permit to stay. When you go to Cambodia use the 2nd entry.

If you decide to make any more short trips out while you are in Thailand you can get a re-entry permit (1000 baht) at immigration that will let you to re-enter up to your permit to stay date you get when you enter the country.

Go and get a tourist visa then, or fly back from Laos or Cambodia, hardly a big deal is it?

Let me repeat... my flight is scheduled for Tuesday Dec. 9.... Tuesday Dec. 9. Anyone with any sense would make the policy effective 90 days from the announcement date and not immediately.

You bring up a good point. Thailand immigration has a definite pattern of springing new rules without ANY WARNING, inevitably creating a trap for people in the middle of doing things by the old rules. It is rude and it shows disrespect to foreigners, and perhaps that is part of the implied message (foreigners: do not ever get too comfortable). I speak from experience. I got caught in just such a trap on another rule change a few years ago. I find no excuse for not broadcasting proper warning. They have done this before, they are doing this now, and surely, they will do it again.

Edited by Jingthing

I think the visa on arrival restrictions are as much to deter putative economic vagrants from arriving to escape the collapse of western economies as they are to stop backpacking English teachers. Think about it, If you are about to lose your house and job and are facing bankruptcy would maxing out your credit cards and flying the coop to Thailand seem like a tempting alternative? I'm sure the Thai government is well enough aware as to which way the wind is blowing and would rather such types head for Goa.

For the record: The 15 day rule may cause me some inconvenience when my visa expires, but if the 400K rule has been reinstated this more than makes up for it.

I really do not see it is that much of a problem for the majority of people now we are aware of this ruling, but it was not so good to have it come into effect immediately, IMHO.

Why can people not simply get a tourist visa? Or be like myself and others who go back to their own country and get a Non O and have the ability to stay for 15 months.

Where I live it would be a right pain in the A to do a border run every 30 days to be able to stay in Thailand.

Maybe then this is also aimed at those living in certain areas of Thailand who can do these border runs in a few hours by mini bus and at relatively low cost?

abuse immigration procedures....why?

I cannot be a tourist the rest of my life?

Why for some people is so criminal if someone can support himself in different legal way and be a tourist all rest of him life?

Why i must be married or retired or lose money in one company, for spend my money in one country?

I mean why spend money, for have the permit for spend money, take care some people, give work to many people, pay tax everyday?

Ok that is the right way, the legal way and if i dont like i can go away...ok i will go soon.

I live one child an the road, him mother ....yes that is the thai style...i see everyday on the beach road in pattaya....

but that is also the good and right way,so i dont care.now im a criminal, stupid , poor and degenerate man visa runner this is the wrong way.

I must to change and all visa runner must to change.

We are a very BAD BOY.

Good bye.

Your sense of entitlement is comical. How dare the Thais abuse your rights.

Yes you will have to get it back up to 400K again 60 days before you apply for your next extension.

You don't have to keep it in a savings account you could put it in a time deposit account (CD) and get more interest that way.

Yes you will have to get it back up to 400K again 60 days before you apply for your next extension.

You don't have to keep it in a savings account you could put it in a time deposit account (CD) and get more interest that way.

Thanks, but it still waiting there doing nothing for me, or just a few procent, if that. :o

I think that it is the capricious way in which the regulations are changed by Thai Immigration that is causing all this uproar and the resulting 21+ pages of posts. This change will not effect very many people, once again it is the WAY it is being done that causes the problem.

We all agree that we must follow the rules but for ch.... sake stop changing the dam_n rules. It also annoys me that some faceless bureaucrat is the one who is making these changes. No appeal, no notice, just change it.

Where else can you play by the rules, only to have the rules changed on you?

This is just a warning that they can change the rules whenever they want and there is nothing we can do about it. You can be legal today but by tomorrow you can be an outlaw.

As we said in the Army, Comply and then Complain

Being, myself, a compulsive gambler...

I am so glad!

Starting now, first getting rid of all Suan Phlu headaches, and then;

Cambodia twice a month; until eternity...

Any lobbyist around??? Poipet need an airport now!!!

PS: Helipad will do it as well.

Why for some people is so criminal if someone can support himself in different legal way and be a tourist all rest of him life?

Why i must be married or retired or lose money in one company, for spend my money in one country?

I mean why spend money, for have the permit for spend money, take care some people, give work to many people, pay tax everyday?

Ok that is the right way, the legal way and if i dont like i can go away...ok i will go soon.

I live one child an the road, him mother ....yes that is the thai style...i see everyday on the beach road in pattaya....

but that is also the good and right way,so i dont care.now im a criminal, stupid , poor and degenerate man visa runner this is the wrong way.

We are a very BAD BOY.

Good bye.

YES IM COMICAL...IS COMICAL CANNOT STAY WHIT MY SON WHEN IS BORN...IS ALSO COMICAL PEOPLE LIKE YOU...BUT THIS IS AN OT...I HOPE ONE DAY WE CAN TALK ABOUT FACE TO FACE AND ALSO YOUR FACE WILL BE COMICAL.

Now you can lose your comical time to read this.....

http://www.un.org/events/humanrights/udhr60/index.shtml

Very comical that it give me rght.

Let me now when i can see your....face.

Ops in europe where the law is comical not here...ok?

ciao

Edited by oceano

We are a very BAD BOY.

Good bye.

YES IM COMICAL...IS COMICAL CANNOT STAY WHIT MY SON WHEN IS BORN...IS ALSO COMICAL PEOPLE LIKE YOU...BUT THIS IS AN OT...I HOPE ONE DAY WE CAN TALK ABOUT FACE TO FACE AND ALSO YOUR FACE WILL BE COMICAL.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1998/ukpga_19980042_en_1

It gives you no rights in Thailand at all - only in the UK.

We are a very BAD BOY.

Good bye.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1998/ukpga_19980042_en_1

It gives you no rights in Thailand at all - only in the UK.

Sorry...

http://www.un.org/events/humanrights/udhr60/index.shtml

Edited by oceano

YES IM COMICAL...IS COMICAL CANNOT STAY WHIT MY SON WHEN IS BORN

You have mentioned a wife and child before. Are you aware that you can get visas and/or extensions if you have a Thai wife or a child.

Have a look at the police order clause 2.18 availabe at the topic about the new extension rules.

whether this is a good idea or bad idea. is this really the time to make the rules on visas any more strict. as a business owner over the past couple years,

this is the year thats going to force me to sell. considering what is happening in thailand, on top of what is happening in the rest of the world, tourism is dead, and its only going to get worse.. an article in the paper said "global financial crisis will indirectly effect thailands tourism" hahahaha do ya think?!?

one place ive noticed that hasnt thinned out throughout all of this is the muay thai gyms, these r 18-25 year old kids who arent that concerned about their savings and are not deterred by some government protests, and for the most part they stay here for 2-3 months relying on those visa runs.

Apply for a visa back home? i applied for a double entry tourist visa which totalled a stay of 4 months, it took 3 weeks after booking drs appointments, getting blood work, sending away for a criminal record check, taking it to the embassy, and waiting for it to clear for another week(i realize canada is more diffucult then other countries) but either way, most ppl dont want to bother going through all that trouble.. this is an insane plan, and its just another example of thailand walking around with its eyes closed and hoping for the best.

First--Of course Thailand can and will do what ever it wants about immigration. It is perfectly in its rights to do so.

Does Thailand want people from Europe, the Americas, and Africa to live here? NO

Thus we see the facts.

A legally married man under 50 cannot stay here based upon that marriage. He must be working or have another way to get his stay. Funny thing is that most jobs here are illegal for him to do. So in essence, almost all foreigners here are treated as temporary. GO HOME says Thailand.

I do not care but this is the way it is.

Now for those of you uneducated dweebs who say that Europe and North Americas do the same. That simply is not true. If you are married you can and will get in to those nations unless you have some listed disease or a criminal record. You will be able to work legally at almost all jobs. After you stay a few years, you will be able to become a citizen in most. The USA says 2 years and 9 months after you get your green card, you can apply for citizenship.

Of course Thailand does NOT treat people from Europe and the rest equally.

That is a fact.

Now if you want to retire, OK--you can report every 90 days and re-new your stay each year while still staying in Thailand but you are still not a resident are you. You cannot own land. You are a second class citizen here. All this for what? Fun? Fare enough but fun gets old after a time.

I am surprised that so many people want to stay here and suffer economical. The jobs, most, pay very low.

There are other nations.

There is always your home nation.

Most all of you will end up going home.

Thailand will never be your home. They do not want you.

I respect Thailand and their rights here. It IS their nation and when in Rome, we must accept the Roman rules. of course we all have the right to leave. if you leave, most Thais are happy to see us all go.

I just returned from Pong Nam Rong, or however it is spelled, in Chantaburi

I received 30 days

It was my second 30 day entry permit in a row there for what it is worth.

I will be heading to Vientianne next month for a double entry once again

of course we all have the right to leave. if you leave, most Thais are happy to see us all go.

I really cannot accept that. Where I live most people make an effort to make me feel welcome. They talk to me , they invite me into their homes , they share their food with me. I take my dog for a walk round the village every day and every one I come across has a smile and a greeting.

Ok probably not many will cry if I went but I am sure they would not be happy.

I love living here and could not be more happy.

I am sorry if I jumped on your post but after days of reading " we are not wanted here" posts I felt the need to reply.

Thus we see the facts.

A legally married man under 50 cannot stay here based upon that marriage. He must be working or have another way to get his stay. Funny thing is that most jobs here are illegal for him to do. So in essence, almost all foreigners here are treated as temporary. GO HOME says Thailand.

What do you mean "most jobs are illegal for him to do". The vast majority of jobs are not restricted to Thais only :o

Oh and your statement is not really true anymore anyway, as now a married man only needs 400,000 in the bank. A very fair amount I think.

of course we all have the right to leave. if you leave, most Thais are happy to see us all go.

I really cannot accept that. Where I live most people make an effort to make me feel welcome. They talk to me , they invite me into their homes , they share their food with me. I take my dog for a walk round the village every day and every one I come across has a smile and a greeting.

Couldn't agree more.

I can't think of a single person I know or have contact with that would be "happy to see us all go". Happy to see the miserable sexpats leave perhaps, but then so would I. Perhaps this tells us more about madi than Thai people.......

Edited by madjbs

I just returned from Pong Nam Rong, or however it is spelled, in Chantaburi

I received 30 days

It was my second 30 day entry permit in a row there for what it is worth.

I will be heading to Vientianne next month for a double entry once again

Pls can you tell me exactly what do you writhe in the application paper??

Tks so much

I am sorry if I jumped on your post but after days of reading " we are not wanted here" posts I felt the need to reply.

You are right...in the village..or rural part of thailand...sisaket included...but in the rest of place were the 80% of us live is not like that nad we know wery well.

Couldn't agree more.

I can't think of a single person I know or have contact with that would be "happy to see us all go". Happy to see the miserable sexpats leave perhaps, but then so would I. Perhaps this tells us more about madi than Thai people.......

Meanwhile you pay them something....yes they are not happy, or same as i said before in the rural part of thailand were the true thai loving poeple live, but really we like live in place like sisaket???

Edited by oceano

Presumably then, this means that someone could now depart and return by air (cheap Air Asia flight to somwhere) in the same day and remain indefinitely on 30 day stamps without a break? Note: I've noticed a fair amount of pointless abuse on this thread. This doesn't affect me personally, I'm on a non-immigrant visa, so don't even bother.

Yes, that’s how I read it.

--

Maestro

The crucial point is whether 778/2551 repeals and supersedes 608/2549. I cannot read Thai but the third (unnumbered) paragraph of 778/2551 seem to make a reference to 608/2549 and quote text from paragraph 3 of 608/2549. What does it say there?

post-21260-1228460978_thumb.png

--

Maestro

The paragraph translates as follows:

The regulations of article 3 of Police Order 608/2549 issued on 8 September 2006 are being suspended and replaced by the following:

Edited by Frank33

[quote name='buasaard' post='2385902'

If Thailand wants to know where my money comes, I can sho them, from a legal business. But they don't give us the chance.

Their country, thier laws, I accept that, but doesn't mean I can't have my own opinion about it or have questions on why they do it. Just as I have my opinion and questions on why they do some things in the EU, and belive me, those opinions are far wors then the ones I have about Thailand otherwhise I wouldn't be here.

It you want live at Thailand, not thais want you here. It was very clearly said what Thailand want only short term tourists. Your money is nothing inside all natural tourists income, so goverment just not need to calculate it. For special cases and rich peoples here elite card. Europe not offer anything simular.

You cannot have questions - because goverment (it in any country) make everything because his can. Any questions will broken on this wall.

Sorry for this but come from one Italian forum and i think is important:

Re: Giro di vite uscite ogni 14 giorni per turisti dal 3/12/2008

di zigano il Ven 05 Dic, 2008 20:19

Devo contraddire ThaiVisa.com: ho 2 clienti in guesthouse arrivati ieri in Thailand DIRETTAMENTE dall ingilterra in aereo e all aeroporto int. di BKK anno ottenuto un visto di 14 (quattordici) giorni.

I must to say thatThaiVisa.com wrong: I have 2 customers in my guesthouse they arrive yesterday DIRECTLY from england in airplane in BKK airport(suvannaboo) and they get 14 DAYS (tourist visa)

Someone can explain that????

PS: him see the Passport whit 14 days visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by oceano

They should just call it a daily immigration/visa tax and get it over with. 100-500 Baht to be deducted from your account daily depending on your visa class (to be determined arbitrarily as expected). Quite reasonable really if they just cut out the portion where you have to leave the country every XX number of days.

:o