30-days Border Runs Now Only 15 Days

Sorry for this but come from one Italian forum and i think is important:

Re: Giro di vite uscite ogni 14 giorni per turisti dal 3/12/2008

di zigano il Ven 05 Dic, 2008 20:19

Devo contraddire ThaiVisa.com: ho 2 clienti in guesthouse arrivati ieri in Thailand DIRETTAMENTE dall ingilterra in aereo e all aeroporto int. di BKK anno ottenuto un visto di 14 (quattordici) giorni.

I must to say thatThaiVisa.com wrong: I have 2 customers in my guesthouse they arrive yesterday DIRECTLY from england in airplane in BKK airport(suvannaboo) and they get 14 DAYS (tourist visa)

Someone can explain that????

PS: him see the Passport whit 14 days visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just some mistake, not more.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Devo contraddire ThaiVisa.com: ho 2 clienti in guesthouse arrivati ieri in Thailand DIRETTAMENTE dall ingilterra in aereo e all aeroporto int. di BKK anno ottenuto un visto di 14 (quattordici) giorni.

I must to say thatThaiVisa.com wrong: I have 2 customers in my guesthouse they arrive yesterday DIRECTLY from england in airplane in BKK airport(suvannaboo) and they get 14 DAYS (tourist visa)

Just some mistake, not more.

I hope really, i hope

Now for those of you uneducated dweebs who say that Europe and North Americas do the same. That simply is not true. If you are married you can and will get in to those nations unless you have some listed disease or a criminal record. You will be able to work legally at almost all jobs. After you stay a few years, you will be able to become a citizen in most. The USA says 2 years and 9 months after you get your green card, you can apply for citizenship.

Hypothetical question. Suppose a Thai factory worker saved up enough money to go on to vacation to Paris and knocked up a prostitute. Then if the prostitute, out of her fondness for handsome men, decided to marry the Thai man, would the French grant him permanent residency, no questions asked? And would that right of residency extend to the rest of the EU?

Edited by OriginalPoster

of course we all have the right to leave. if you leave, most Thais are happy to see us all go.

I really cannot accept that. Where I live most people make an effort to make me feel welcome. They talk to me , they invite me into their homes , they share their food with me. I take my dog for a walk round the village every day and every one I come across has a smile and a greeting.

Ok probably not many will cry if I went but I am sure they would not be happy.

I love living here and could not be more happy.

I am sorry if I jumped on your post but after days of reading " we are not wanted here" posts I felt the need to reply.

I have to agree also that I have been made more than welcome by so many Thai people. Invited into homes too, been fed and watered and looked after when I have been sick. Not one of them wanted anything in return. When I come back next week I know people will be pleased to see me. Not by their smiles, but by their overall reactions.

I have a couple of good Thai friends. Also a lot of people I have known for a while will come and sit with me if I am out alone just to make sure I am OK. They too do not want anything.

This, then, is the governments way of thinking, not the thinking of the average Thai. Yet, as I have said before, the new visa border runs do not bother me. I am happy to extend my 15 month stay with a couple of tourist visas if I feel the need and I see no problem with it for the majority.

Now for those of you uneducated dweebs who say that Europe and North Americas do the same. That simply is not true. If you are married you can and will get in to those nations unless you have some listed disease or a criminal record. You will be able to work legally at almost all jobs. After you stay a few years, you will be able to become a citizen in most. The USA says 2 years and 9 months after you get your green card, you can apply for citizenship.

Hypothetical question. Suppose a Thai factory worker saved up enough money to go on to vacation to Paris and knocked up a prostitute. Then if the prostitute, out of her fondness for handsome men, decided to marry the Thai man, would the French grant him permanent residency, no questions asked? And would that right of residency extend to the rest of the EU?

Not so easy for the paper, but is the truth, i have some friend egyptian(the medium salary in egypt is 100 euro per month) and they marry women from france,italy and england and they live in that country, they have the residence; in italy free medical assistance, free italian school, free office only for extraeuropeans find for them job, free legal assistance.....after 5 yrs of residence Italian passport valid all europe of course.

yes this im sure is the true.

Edited by oceano

Not so easy for the paper, but is the truth, i have some friend egyptian(the medium salary in egypt is 100 euro per month) and they marry women from france,italy and england and they live in that country, they have the residence; in italy free medical assistance, free italian school, free office only for extraeuropeans find for them job, free legal assistance......yes this im sure is the true.

Obviously then Italy is a better place to live than Thailand. Why not move your family there instead of staying in Thailand?

Edited by OriginalPoster

of course we all have the right to leave. if you leave, most Thais are happy to see us all go.

I really cannot accept that. Where I live most people make an effort to make me feel welcome. They talk to me , they invite me into their homes , they share their food with me. I take my dog for a walk round the village every day and every one I come across has a smile and a greeting.

I am sorry if I jumped on your post but after days of reading " we are not wanted here" posts I felt the need to reply.

I have to agree also that I have been made more than welcome by so many Thai people. Invited into homes too, been fed and watered and looked after when I have been sick. Not one of them wanted anything in return. When I come back next week I know people will be pleased to see me. Not by their smiles, but by their overall reactions.

I have a couple of good Thai friends. Also a lot of people I have known for a while will come and sit with me if I am out alone just to make sure I am OK. They too do not want anything.

This, then, is the governments way of thinking, not the thinking of the average Thai. Yet, as I have said before, the new visa border runs do not bother me. I am happy to extend my 15 month stay with a couple of tourist visas if I feel the need and I see no problem with it for the majority.

If you see in front of your house Bill Gates or one person that you know is very rich what do you do??( say the truth).

At them eyes you are one kind of milionaire......Do you understand what i mean??

They explain to me 6 yrs ago the fist time i was in a small village near korat

,,,,again sorry for my english

Edited by oceano

Not so easy for the paper, but is the truth, i have some friend egyptian(the medium salary in egypt is 100 euro per month) and they marry women from france,italy and england and they live in that country, they have the residence; in italy free medical assistance, free italian school, free office only for extraeuropeans find for them job, free legal assistance......yes this im sure is the true.

Obviously then Italy is a better place to live than Thailand. Why not move your family there instead of staying in Thailand?

im not egyptian first, second i only answer to your post.

YOU ASK!!!

I dont want force my girlfriend to live far from her family and her friends.

I decide to stay far from my country for reson that i cant say to you but not for fun.

My company in italy give work to 20 thai people.

Then now we can talk serious about the visa or we must explain and joke about ourself everytime?

Edited by oceano

thats my experience as well, but I think Thais are quite intuitive, they dont like condescending people, Ive known a few people who thought the Thais hated falang and sure enough it was true for them, Thais really did dislike them, but for myself and many others they seem more the happy to have us here

personally I dont think this visa change is aimed at farang at all

Edited by rafval

Then now we can talk serious about the visa or we must explain and joke about ourself everytime?

OK, keeping it to the topic at hand... The Thai immigration laws might seem quite illogical and to be randomly changing, but the recently announced changes do not seem to have a material effect on your situation. Whatever unfair treatment that you have been receiving in terms of visas seems to have been going on for a long time, it's not just now that the Thais started treating you less well than the way that Italy would treat a Thai.

Edited by OriginalPoster

OK, keeping it to the topic at hand... The Thai immigration laws might seem quite illogical and to be randomly changing, but the recently announced changes do not seem to have a material effect on your situation. Whatever unfair treatment that you have been receiving in terms of visas seems to have been going on for a long time, it's not just now that the Thais started treating you less well than the way that Italy would treat a Thai.

Right...so i dont talk about me.

you ask if in europe the married poor man from poor country can stay, have residence ecc...Easy, yes thay can whit some trouble for the paper because they need a translation fronm arabic (for example )to english and than italian. then they recive more help, from my governament than a poor italian man.

Same for france( they are very open minded about all people, they started to have black people 20 or more yrs ago) germany, england ecc.

i only answer about that.

Edited by oceano

Right...so i dont talk about me.

you ask if in europe the married poor man from poor country can stay, have residence ecc...Easy, yes thay can whit some trouble for the paper because they need a translation fronm arabic (for example )to english and than italian. then they recive more help, from my governament than a poor italian man.

Same for france( they are very open minded about all people, they started to have black people 20 or more yrs ago) germany, england ecc.

Well, you seemed to really personalised the notion that Thailand attracks a lot of degenerates and you took umbarge over these new rules. It's not clear why that would be the case if the new rules don't disadvantage you. Maybe you're the only person in Thailand who has never met a degenerate or maybe you think that there is no such thing. In that case your outrage would certainly be understandable. But of course you don't talk about you, you are only talking about theology and human rights.

About France accepting black people, how very progressive of them. They must be the first to do so.

Edited by OriginalPoster

abuse immigration procedures....why?

I cannot be a tourist the rest of my life?

Why for some people is so criminal if someone can support himself in different legal way and be a tourist all rest of him life?

Why i must be married or retired or lose money in one company, for spend my money in one country?

I mean why spend money, for have the permit for spend money, take care some people, give work to many people, pay tax everyday?

Ok that is the right way, the legal way and if i dont like i can go away...ok i will go soon.

I live one child an the road, him mother ....yes that is the thai style...i see everyday on the beach road in pattaya....

but that is also the good and right way,so i dont care.now im a criminal, stupid , poor and degenerate man visa runner this is the wrong way.

I must to change and all visa runner must to change.

We are a very BAD BOY.

Good bye.

Your sense of entitlement is comical. How dare the Thais abuse your rights.

YES IM COMICAL...IS COMICAL CANNOT STAY WHIT MY SON WHEN IS BORN...IS ALSO COMICAL PEOPLE LIKE YOU...BUT THIS IS AN OT...I HOPE ONE DAY WE CAN TALK ABOUT FACE TO FACE AND ALSO YOUR FACE WILL BE COMICAL.

Now you can lose your comical time to read this.....

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1998/ukpga_19980042_en_1

Very comical that it give me rght.

It gives you no rights in Thailand at all - only in the UK.

Sorry...

http://www.un.org/events/humanrights/udhr60/index.shtml

Your original link was to the Human Rights Act 1998 which is a law passed by the British Parliament. It is only applicable to the United kingdom. Your second link points to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights which is a UN wishlist. It isn't law anywhere.

Many years ago, anyone without a visa was given only 14 days stay in Thailand.

Now they have just reverted to this old system so the solution is to get a visa as it will work out much cheaper in the long run, as the cost of border runs soon mounts up.

Many years ago, anyone without a visa was given only 14 days stay in Thailand.

Now they have just reverted to this old system so the solution is to get a visa as it will work out much cheaper in the long run, as the cost of border runs soon mounts up.

And if they're doing it to get more money from visas... the fees will soon go up aswell I guess :o

Kudos to France, and presumable to the people in your homeland of Italy for accepting black people. When do you suppose that we will see a black Pope travelling to the US to meet with the president of the United States?

Edited by OriginalPoster

This is pure madness. If they are trying to crack down on illegal workers or what not, then just limit the number of boreder runs allowed in a given timer frame. Didn't they just cut it down to 2 - 30 day visa runs in a 90 day period or something like that?

I come to Thailand because it is easy. My time off from work is never known to me. A contract ends, I buy a ticket and am usually in the Kindgom in a day or so. I can not plan my trips in advance. I can not get a 60 or 90 day tourist visa in advance. In America, it is not easy to get to a Thai embassy. Depending on where one lives, a drop in visit is not possible and mailing passports around never appealed to me much.

The ease of making one or two 30 day visa runs was a nice thing. I have only done it once, and this trip was my first time, but was planning on doing it one more time during this stay, especially with the airport situation probably delaying my planned departure on Dec 21. I was going to just stay a few more weeks to be sure of things.

This is a horrible thing, for whatever reason they are doing it. A simple examination of one's passport should give immigration an idea if one is continually making visa runs and possibly abusing the system. Me, I have made nine simple trips here. One trip I got a seven day extension due to a flight change, and this trip I have made one visa run.

This is just not good.

I think that Thailand wants to get rid of what it sees as the riff raff falangs. Those who cannot be bothered or just cannot get the right visa. If you have a legitimate visa there is no problem in staying here.

Well, they may want to get rid of the riff raff, but a simple examination of the passports and visa issued should indicate if they are abusing the system.

I get no notice endings of my contracts. When I do, for the last four years, I typically book a flight the next day and fly from the USA to Thailand. I can not get a 60 or 90 day touris visa in advance as I never know my travel plans.

And once here, I never know when the next contract starts so this trip, I made one 30 day visa run. Now, because of the airport delays, it is not clear I will be able to fly out on Dec 21 so I was quite prepared to make one more 30 day visa run and stay into January. I am easy going.

In addition, i is not trivial to get the visa in advance in the USA. Depending where one lives, there is most likely not a Thai embassy near by, and mailing passports around is a risk I don't like.

Now, Thailand is making things difficult and guaranteeing I will limit my travels here.

i didn't wade through 23 pages.

but if it's any help, you can just go to the soi suanplu immigration office in bangkok to get your 30 day extension on your 60 day tourist visa, you don't have to travel to the border.

Edited by hamishgillan

Apply for a visa back home? i applied for a double entry tourist visa which totalled a stay of 4 months, it took 3 weeks after booking drs appointments, getting blood work, sending away for a criminal record check, taking it to the embassy, and waiting for it to clear for another week(i realize canada is more diffucult then other countries) but either way, most ppl dont want to bother going through all that trouble.. this is an insane plan, and its just another example of thailand walking around with its eyes closed and hoping for the best.

What consulate did you use.

The rules for a tourist visa have no requirement for all the things you say you had to do to get one.

Did you actually apply or misread some information that was on a website that has info for a non-oa retirement visa. Because that is the only visa that has those requirements.

Were they UK citizens or from another country and were only traveling from there.

Sounds like a visa on arrival to me not a visa exempt entry.

This is pure madness. If they are trying to crack down on illegal workers or what not, then just limit the number of boreder runs allowed in a given timer frame. Didn't they just cut it down to 2 - 30 day visa runs in a 90 day period or something like that?

I come to Thailand because it is easy. My time off from work is never known to me. A contract ends, I buy a ticket and am usually in the Kindgom in a day or so. I can not plan my trips in advance. I can not get a 60 or 90 day tourist visa in advance. In America, it is not easy to get to a Thai embassy. Depending on where one lives, a drop in visit is not possible and mailing passports around never appealed to me much.

The ease of making one or two 30 day visa runs was a nice thing. I have only done it once, and this trip was my first time, but was planning on doing it one more time during this stay, especially with the airport situation probably delaying my planned departure on Dec 21. I was going to just stay a few more weeks to be sure of things.

This is a horrible thing, for whatever reason they are doing it. A simple examination of one's passport should give immigration an idea if one is continually making visa runs and possibly abusing the system. Me, I have made nine simple trips here. One trip I got a seven day extension due to a flight change, and this trip I have made one visa run.

This is just not good.

In your case it does make it difficult. But you are suffering because of those that still abused the system.

I am sure that immigration could see how many people were still making border runs until they got to the max of 90 days. Many have been mixing tourist visas and border runs to stay here so now they will probably just do tourist visa runs.

As far as mailing in your passport goes to a consulate. I may not of liked it but have had to do it to get visas for other countries not just Thailand. I have never just mailed it I used Fedex, UPS or even the post office priority mail with tracking paid for in advance for the return even. Even getting a new passport these days is going to require it being mailed in and back unless you have a ticket going out of the country and are near a passport office.

You can still get 30 days by making a round trip by air to a nearby country. I just checked for flights on Air Asia to KL for the 6th of January that departs at 7 AM and gets you back by 3 in the afternoon. The total price is 4,365.00 baht. Thats about the same as making 2 border runs and getting 15 days each time.

Edited by ubonjoe

This outrageous tightening of land visa runs has nothing to do with trying to rid Thailand of low quality farungs.

Years ago when backpackers first discovered Thailand before it became a international tourist destination you were welcomed with open arms.

Now we are taken for granted, scammed, and are even looked down upon by some of the local population.

Quite simply Thailand has had it too good for too long as far as tourism is concerned. The arrogance by the immigration department to think that by reducing the permission to stay on a land boarder by 50% is going to be good for Thailand is obscene.

The tourism sector must be shaking their heads in disbelief knowing that a farungs now has only a 15-day stay in the kingdom rather then 30 if they arrive by land.

Cheers

If the tourism sector was truly as important as everyone tries to build it up to be (it's apparently an integral part of 'justifying' the "right" to live here on the part of many foreigners), then it surely would have more political clout that it currently has.

:o

Yes, I agree with Heng. I think the few hundred thousand Thais trying to live in California

should only get 15 days when they cross back into the States from Mexico. Silly tourists,

we don't need you. As if they think we really care what their thoughts are. :o

"Visa on Arrival" (not Visa Exempt stamp) perhaps?